My Entire Build and Planning Log.

My Entire Build And Planning Log!
So I know a lot of people were getting fed up with all my treads and frankly I was too so i decided this would be the best idea. I am going to post my questions and ideas and what not on this One thread, that way it is better to organize and doesn't make everyone all angry and upset.

So any time i need help or have a idea i need input on or anything i will post it here, it will be like a Joelthezombie15 mini forum if you will

So Keep an eye open to see all my antics and what not, or stay away if you want, i dont really care but ya.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I Present to you...

Drumroll Please

post-7522-0-80473400-1371729485.png

(logo thanks to @Bleedman0xx)

Some Back story as to who and what oracle is and will become.

My computer will be Batman themed.

I will be using these parts. (Hardware will be last)

Case labs M8 (Modded to have a batman logo window)

Water cooled CPU using Yellow fluid

Batman "Batarangs" On all the visible fans

Quite possibly the oracle logo on it (Some where)

And I will use corsair fans and spray paint the rings yellow also gelid wings 2.

Hardware:

i7 3770k
MSI Z77 Mpower
Avexir MSI Mpower RAM 16gb 1600mhz
Kingston hyperx 3k 250gb SSd (Partitioned off for caching)
2 Seagate barracuda 3tb drives (Non raid)
EVGA 780 (Will get second when needed)
Asus xonar DSX sound card
Seasonic Platinum 1000w PSU
ModDIY Yellow Sleeved Cables

Caselabs M8

Watercooling:

1 3x140x60 mm Rad (May be changed)
Primo chill tubing
Bitspower fittings
Bitspower res with pump mod
Yellow fluid (Brand undecided)
XSPC raystorm CPU Block (LEDs changed to yellow)
Titan waterblock
Be Quiet Silent wings 2
Modmytoys fan splitter PCB

Window Idea:

One of the guys here had this great idea to just cut the Oval window and then Put the batman logo on standoffs so that it looks Kind of like this

bat-signal.jpeg

And then behind the batman Logo I want too Put yellow LEDs

Hoping it turns out well :D

Oracle is meant to be a Supercomputer so i am trying to go overboard (Conservatively) with it. I would LOVE to have something like siri just for comical reasons so i can name it oracle and it can talk to me. I dont plan on any extra LEDs but again undecided.

So what do you think? I am excited to see what you all have to say. also oracle will be a LTT exclusive meaning it will only be posted on this forum and no other.so for any news on oracle come here. 

Edited by joelthezombie15

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

nice to see that sum1 other than me on here has bothered to make a design and planning log XD

Character artist in the Games industry.

See what the new cases are like from computech and maybe get one of the double width cases and mod it? :) If you go for building it yourself, id say build it out of other materials, metals and plastics. Thatd be pretty sweet, but youd spend ages on CAD :p

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

i suggest getting an awesome looking case then taking ur time and modding it to high heaven... example would be my Noir Elite build is going to have:

• 45 degree mounted Graphics cards.
  • 45 degree top mounted optical drive.
  • Custom side panel window with self connecting and disconnecting power connection along with on off switches for the fans and LED lighting.
  • Custom vents.
  • Custom paint work
  • Rearranged interior layout (harddrive cage ext)
  • Full custom liquid cooling setup.

and probably more.

the best way to go is get a case you like the look of and say... "How can i make this look mine and not like someone else could do it"

add your personality in to a build and don't follow some fads online that you have seen a few people do, its all well and good using them to inspire you but when it comes to it, it is YOUR build, YOUR ideas and YOUR personality and skills going in to it.

all in all poor your heart and soul in to a build and it will become yours for all time now matter what you decide to do with it afterwords.

Only problem is, im not GREAT in metals, and a lot of times, the cases i like are COMPLETELY wrong, like i have the NZXT Phantom and there is no place for rads. but i will consider it, and im already building a desk so i figured doing it all at once would be best.

what i meant was make it yours and dont follow what some else has done

Nice one, subsrcibed. If you are gonna do a desk, giggure the internal layout, and then go crazy on little things that can make it look better, more stylish, etc.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

So for a desk build i threw together this rough drawing in paint looking down on the desk.

For the window, i might use acrylic and if i can maybe etch my name into it or something. or the Doctor who logo or something :D

And i want to stain it a mahogany color

attachicon.gifDeskPC.png

That looks badass

Nothing, closed :))

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

download google sketchup and see what it looks like in 3d, remember you need have room for your legs to go under, aswell as comfortably place your arms on top for typing and stuff.

a good idea would be to have is made like a triangle with the point where you are going to sit and the back deep enough for the hardware to go in... 

Mionix Naos 8200 VS Func MS-3

post-7522-0-26772200-1370492265_thumb.jp VS post-7522-0-71325400-1370492307.jpg

So I saw the both of these and after a shameful 45 minutes, I finally noticed the difference in the two :D

So the Func has a few extra buttons which i noticed rather soon, but the func also has a thumb rest type thing, and they both look super comfy imo.

So what should I get? 

I heard that the func is using a poor laser sensor thing, so is that the case or is someone just full of it?

I really dont need loads of buttons either.

I like the fact thet you can change the color on the func can you do that on the mionix?

So besides those few questions all i need is build quality and the size so what is better build quality wise? 

post-7522-0-26772200-1370492265_thumb.jp

post-7522-0-71325400-1370492307.jpg

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

GPU Switch?

So I decided that 2x780s was a little overkill to say the least and so i decided maybe to switch to dual 7970 but I am not going to lie, im scared about the driver problems that AMD has been having and im not completely confident in my decision, Now my build wont be done for a while so if something new comes out from either team that makes more money I might pick it up but i think that i wont fully use dual 780 for a possible 3x 27" monitor setup and that wont be for a while i will only be using 1 27" for now. I do want this to be kinda "future proof" in the sense of it will last a while and that is my reasoning for going dual GPU or should i get a titan and get a dedicated physx card or something, or am i overlooking something completely? I also figured a 7970 is cheaper than a 680 and the same price as a 770 and if i get two while never settle is on i can sell the second set of games or do a giveaway and that will help with everything else :D

So what should i do? 

overkill is a must with a build like this... dont go half ass just cause ur wallet gave you a funny look :P remember its all about the passion to perform when it comes to a custom build, its an art form in its own right

overkill is a must with a build like this... dont go half ass just cause ur wallet gave you a funny look :P remember its all about the passion to perform when it comes to a custom build, its an art form in its own right

Finally someone that speaks my language, a few of my friends said it was overkill so I figured i would look into it for fun

Anyone know where to find these reservoirs? 

3nov6.jpg

there custom made using thermal flasks and some metal most likly

there custom made using thermal flasks and some metal most likly

Oh, well then :D i guess im not getting them

I have the ultimate build coming, you guys dont even know ;)

CLUE

NAH NAH NAH NAH

Well following this ofc! Gl mate

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well following this ofc! Gl mate

Thanks, it will be a LONG road :/

So I am debating On if haswell is worth it, it seems like its a crap shoot right now. come chips are crap, some are good, if you have a higher OC on them your RAM cant reach as high of speeds It just seems so much more messy and Ivy isnt that good, its hot, it cant OC to good, its not the greatest and with games not being CPU intensive anymore i think i might go sandy. It was really good, stable,good OCs,Good thermals it was a really good chip and i dont think it will be holding back any of my parts. and its a little cheaper now, Only problem is finding a place that sells them, maybe i will check amazon or frys. Ya frys had them, $225 right now. Maybe i will do that. might be a good idea i think.

any thoughts?

Personally, i won't go for Haswell right now, it seems Intel missed it with this generation, Ivy is good, if you have the cooling and the need for higher frequency ram, but sandy is still my personal chioce, i want someone to point me at an Ivy OC to 5.1 on air on a cheap(relatively) cooler. it still rocks, and you don't need SS cooling to keep it under control, my 0.02$.

Personally, i won't go for Haswell right now, it seems Intel missed it with this generation, Ivy is good, if you have the cooling and the need for higher frequency ram, but sandy is still my personal chioce, i want someone to point me at an Ivy OC to 5.1 on air on a cheap(relatively) cooler. it still rocks, and you don't need SS cooling to keep it under control, my 0.02$.

I agree, it seems like the best platform on intels side right now. haswell might get better with age but i really doubt it. so i think i might get a 2600k and water cool it and OC the hell out of it.

hm..... looking forward to this. i have a feeling this will be awesome! make a video about it!

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll