Assassins's Creed Unity dev claims 60fps is not good for image quality

totjup5

well 60 fps does look werid when u are use to 30 like the first time i played dark souls 2 at 60 fps it looked werid and way too fast

I can agree.  Going from 30 fps Dark Souls 1 to 60 fps Dark Souls 2 feels a little weird, but I get used to it in very little time and 60 fps will always give you a more responsive gaming experience.

This...this isn't tech news...

This belonged in the gaming section, but then you wouldn't be able to enjoy the larger circle jerking about things Ubisoft says.

I thought that's what PCMR was for?

This is 3 weeks old and was already covered on WAN...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This is 3 weeks old and was already covered on WAN...

Yup. But hey, between rushing to call "Repost!" and shitpost Ubisoft memes(two of this subforum's favorite activities) we now know what people prefer. Hooray for the circle jerk!

Please read before posting...

I did.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Ubisoft... idiots in my opinion are all who work at Ubisoft... 

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

stahp. ubisoft pls

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So Ubisoft thinks that they know whats best for me... They know that I don't like 60 FPS (or more like: I am not allowed to like 60 FPS.), anyway It looked all right for maybe a decade now and suddenly with the release of the new-gen (I refuse to call them "next"-gen) consoles 60 FPS looks weird and not cinematic. Well, they might have a point with 60 FPS being not the most perfect option to achieve... It would be more like 120 or 144... 

But seriously... Why can't they just shut up about it and fix their game???

I guess they will dig down further until their diamond shovel enchanted with Unbreaking III and Efficiency IV breaks or when they fall into lava. :)

/r

They've already said everything they can about frame rates and resolution to anger pc gamers by now they're just rephrasing so could we maybe make a news post when they do not the same thing? It's like making a new post every time Apple called their products "thinner" or "thinnest".

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Hold on hold on hold on. There's always a way to look on the bright side, or at least try to delude ourselves of a bright side.

30 fps goal = perhaps lower risk of screen tearing? = perhaps i dont have to buy a 120hz screen to avoid that shit? = perhaps i can go for the nice IPS stuff?

Nah, probably not.

Potato

The only thing that would cause 60fps to reduce image quality is if you were trying to run it on outdated components and would have to lower the graphics settings to reach said 60fps...

Oh wait a second...

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Someone fly out to Ubi and grab me some of the weed they're smoking.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

wat the actual fuck why is noone confronting them. comon reddit

Q3OjVSu.gif

I would say I love seeing my GIF being used so often, but, alas, I do not. As it brings, trailing its sorry- mopey arse behind it, more ubisoft bullcrap. In which this GIF was born as a bastard war child, in the relentless siege against said stupidity.