SMITE World Champtionships Prize Pool: >1,000,000$

TheMissxu

It's getting serious.

Smite was launched out of beta 7 months ago, and their first World Championships' prize pool is over a million dollars.

There have only been four gaming franchises that have had a prize pool over a million; it can be rationalized that the third largest MOBA in the world is one of them. Smite is a MOBA, of course, but it isn't a MOBA in the traditional sense. Like DOTA, Smite was a mod of Hi-Rez Studio's Third Person Shooter Global Agenda. This means Smite isn't set up like an RTS, which is what DOTA was a mod of. This usually leads to seemingly more action, control, and general familiarity to most gamers. In Smite every hero or champion is called a god. And for a reason: you play as the gods and goddesses of the ancient pantheons.

To quote the link I've provided:

"The Smite World Championships (SWC) prize pool just topped $1 million after the players raised it by more than $400,000 in community-driven contributions. This size of tournament and strength of community endorsement is testament to how far Hi-Rez Studios has taken the third-person MOBA since its arrival just a few short years ago."

I've played Smite so much now, because I just love every aspect of the game.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Wow, that much for that game. Funny. Well that can only be good I guess

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

So if I rek a group of no-lifers probably in the 16's I get 1 million? And why does all the shitty games have these championships? I just don't get it

I'm sitting here reading this thinking "How the hell is it's prize pool bigger than SC2"

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I'm sitting here reading this thinking "How the hell is it's prize pool bigger than SC2"

because SC2 is dead

because SC2 is dead

Is it? First I'm hearing about it. Although judging by your dp, I'm really not surprised that was your comment. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't dota a mod of StarCraft?

WCIII mod based of the Aeon of Strife map for Starcraft I believe

1 million dollars alrdy ? damn smite is practically brand new lol i mean i dont fancy it but this is still amazing