• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dezzmon

[PLANNING] CORSAIR 450D

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, 

This build will be primarily for gaming, but I will be also be using it for a little bit of render work. 

I've decided to discard my last build plan as I wanted something with a bit more space and airflow and so that's why I went for a bigger 450D. 

I'm trying to keep this around $1500 AUD. It'd be great if you guys could give me any tips and suggestions for parts as I'm still yet to decide on a few. Thanks 

PARTS (NOT FINAL) 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i

MOTHERBOARD: 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 16GB (2x8)

STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

FANS: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition LED Fans and a Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition Fan 

GPU: 

PSU: 

VII Gene. Great m-atx mobo. I'd go with a cheaper AOI like the X41. Still performs very well though. That will enable you to have the extra $$ to buy the vii gene.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

VII Gene. Great m-atx mobo. I'd go with a cheaper AOI like the X41. Still performs very well though. That will enable you to have the extra $$ to buy the vii gene.

Why are you recommending an M-atx mobo for an ATX case?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You can get a chepaer Crucial MX100 SSD which performs the same. For a GPU, get a 970 and a good PSU would be something from the EVGA G2 series (500W should be enough).

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.
Am I getting an actually new card or is it just a rebrand? Find out here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/222806-what-rx-200-series-card-is-what-7000-series-card/

Why are you recommending an M-atx mobo for an ATX case?

I think he is confusing it with a 350D.