Corning 100ft USB3.Optical Cable

I can now keep my computer in the attic?

Delta fans strapped to NH-D15, here I come!

Cool. I wouldnt know what to use it for but cool nonetheless

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Wholeroom watercooling!!

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

could be used for remote capture, either setting up a computer based sound studio, or capturing game play and audio from a remote location. thus you could use a non silent computer to capture and stream without needing it sitting next to you ruining your audio.

I can't think of an use for it. Exept to silence my PC or have it outside in winter for better temps. But a 300$ thin cabel is bit much versus remote control over LAN.

How is the input lag? Seeing that signal must travel from keyobard & mouse 100ft to PC then 100ft back to monitor.

Can this go faster than 10Gbps Ethernet?

No, it can only utilize the speed of USB 3.0 which is 5Gbps or 640 Mbps. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

This is insanely cool but useless for me cable. If only this idea became mainstream

What was the hub setup like? Doesn't a USB to 1.2 DP adapter also cost like 75 to 100 dollars? How did the hub / converter contribute to any perceived screen lagging?

This is basically what we've been doing in pro video for 5 years now. I think the USB and Thunderbolt over fiber would be awesome if they have neutrik optical connections so you can tie it into professional optical cables.

This cable is for when linus want to transfer data from his computer to his lambo in the back ally.  :P

I would want a cable like this however I would 

How does he run input image from graphics card through a USB?

I think he uses a hub that has a DVI or HDMI connection and couple USB connection for the mouse keyboard and other peripherals.

I totally get the excitement here. Is it practical? No? But is it fiber? Yes. Just like with internet, if I could practically replace every external point-to-point connection on all my electronics with fiber optics, I would. Optics are a step for digitial communication across any distance that feels way overdue (even though we're probably only just now getting materials reasonable enough for home use).

Awesome  :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

How do I change my NCIX link or my Amazon link so they will get a kick back?

I don't get it how can a fiber cable be more durable than copper?

Also @Linus I still don't understand what this would be useful for.

so first you have a server in the bathroom.....

then you have a computer on a kitchen top stove....

what's next? a watercooled workstation in the sink?

LOL that actually seems like a good idea, just always have the sink poring onto the pc and all the hot water will just drain down.  Seems legit.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

What speed do you think linus was getting with his SSD 850 pro through this ghetto setup???

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

Careful Linus, don't fall off the roof!

Whenever I work on a roof, I recommend wearing socks and sandals. Definitely the safest footwear for the job.

Whenever I work on a roof, I recommend wearing socks and sandals. Definitely the safest footwear for the job.

This is what happens when your not careful

golfshop.gif?w=1000

Because he had a hard drive.

As Linus already implicitly stated, this is less about the product and more about the technological leap in the right direction. As a consumer product, this isn't going to tick many people's boxes. It's expensive and kind of niche. That said, the fact that this has even gone on sale is a good way of getting other more reputable manufacturers (with much deeper pockets) to sit up and take notice; hopefully, this would lead to these firms trying something of their own design and improving upon what Corning have already achieved. Who knows where it can go from there?

Personally, I'm all about the wireless transmission. I can't wait for wireless data to reach a standard that competes with wired solutions (and I really don't think that'll be too long given the progress made over the past decade). It would change society forever. In particular, I'm an even bigger fan of wireless electricity. I can deal with little USB cables running a couple of feet here and there but extension cords and power cables really rustle my jimmies. My rig is just a horrible mess, even with some basic cable management in play. I just HATE power cables. The things I would do to be able to get rid of all those wires are best left unspoke.

Just imagine the possibilities of a world WITHOUT cables. I mean, sure, how great would it be to have your entire rig running without tangles of wires between your monitors/machine and their respective sockets? Or, similarly, imagine not having video cables running between the monitors and the machine. There's so many other uses out there though. What about (effectively) delay-free peripherals? Think how great it would be to have a wireless gaming mouse that can operate with the same responsiveness as a wired model, or headphones that receive high quality sound without noticeable degradation or delay. Imagine what it would be like to be able to just plonk your router down somewhere convenient, without having to be near a power outlet or the phone line. You could find the optimal place in order to get the best signal in your house/business in minutes or less. Imagine being able to get in your car with your phone in your pocket and getting out again with a fully charged phone that's also backed itself up to the cloud while you were driving. Hell, what about jumpstarting your car? They could probably figure out a way to jump it without needing actual jumper leads. If (more like when) they pull this off, it will be a game-changing day indeed. To compete this technological trifecta, it would be nice if they also plunged more funding into battery technology too. Let's face it; Li-ion is so outdated now.

Sorry. This episode has just made me geek out about the future again. Dammit.

Decided to tweet Corning, you never know but would be cool for Linus to test out the Thunderbolt cable.

t3qvCf5.jpg

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly