New amd processors?

Any haswell processor have the same IPC.

It is the same architecture.

Any haswell processor have the same IPC.

It is the same architecture.

Reading isn't your strongest point is it? Was hypothetical

now, let's see if we can talk about the new AMD processors.

if you do not have any information about the new AMD processors, then troll

posting is not allowed via the CoC policies.

I still don't understand all this hoora about Jim Keller. He's one man leading a team of engineers who havn't beat Intel since the Athlon 64 days versus a team of engineers who have pushed Intel's IPC consistantly higher every generation.

I can't believe that one man can make up a 60% IPC deficeit in the space of two years.

Do remember currently AMD's using a ~5 yearold architecture and is on an older processing node, and has been working on this alot in the background... 60% isn't all that rediculous when you think about it... and considering AMD signed a deal with Samsung and ARM to borrow their fabs for 14nm (which is on par with intels current offerings instead of being behind) and  R&D teams on top of Jim Keller...  Think, 32nm -> 14nm is more than halving (or could be said making it 108% better?) on top of a new architecture...  And Jim Keller made sure intel never won by a large margin at the very least.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Here is a link speculating about AMD's "Zen".

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-s-Next-Desktop-APU-Will-Be-Called-Zen--461990.shtml

Warning: Rumors and Personal Speculation Ahead

It's going to be the new APU. Apparently Carrizo has either been canceled for the desktop, and will carry on as a mobile chip. While Kaveri gets a refresh. Or it will be released as an interim until Zen launches. In either case expect HSA+ support.

Zen will be a pirate islands based iGPU sporting DDR4 compatibility. Once HBM becomes the video card standard, people will complain about DDR4 being the bottleneck in an APU, even at 3400Mhz.

Speculation so far is either 16nm or 14nm node. And supporting HSA+ of course.

--------------

K12 is an interesting beast. Allowing AMD modified ARM processors to be installed in the same socket as an X86 processor in what Dr. Lisa Su called "Skybridge".

This matches with their new business practice of creating highly customizable hardware based on business needs.

Here's another link Speculating about K12.

http://techreport.com/review/26418/amd-reveals-k12-new-arm-and-x86-cores-are-coming

Essentially what we are going to see is AMD double dipping on the server market in both X86 and ARM based servers. Which ever way the market goes AMD will be a part of it. They are REALLY pushing APU server chips on the X86 side as well as their own ARM cores being HSA compliant.

APU's, more specifically, HSA is AMD's future.

Do remember currently AMD's using a ~5 yearold architecture

Bulldozer arrived in late 2011.

Regarding 'Zen':

It have been confirmed that Zen will feature SMT (Hyper-threading is Intels implementation of SMT), but there are rumours that it will also feature CMT.

This is because of the rumoured core-count saying 8-10 cores OR 16-20 cores (depends on how you define a 'core').

Bulldozer arrived in late 2011.

Thats when it became consumer availible not like AMD thought of an architecture and started selling chips in the same year.  I highly doubt that, and also that's the age of the FX version I remember a server version based on the same architecture coming out a few months earlier but I could be mistaken.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Thats when it became consumer availible not like AMD thought of an architecture and started selling chips in the same year.  I highly doubt that, and also that's the age of the FX version I remember a server version based on the same architecture coming out a few months earlier but I could be mistaken.

You are right and wrong.

However when we mention how old something is, we are talking about the finished version.

Same goes for humans. Example: If you were born in november 1990 you would be considered 24 years old, even through you were under construction for ~9 months.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, bulldozers server and desktop processors arrived both in oktober

You are right and wrong.

However when we mention how old something is, we are talking about the finished version.

Same goes for humans. Example: If you were born in november 1990 you would be considered 24 years old, even through you were under construction for ~9 months.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, bulldozers server and desktop processors arrived both in oktober

True but thats why I said about 5 years old...  Also  like that analogy; but also couldn't that person say they're about 25 years old...?  And my point was Bulldozer is far far older than Haswell that was designed and made relatively recently... 

True but thats why I said about 5 years old...  Also  like that analogy; but also couldn't that person say they're about 25 years old...?  And my point was Bulldozer is far far older than Haswell that was designed and made relatively recently...

To my analogy: He would only mention he was 25 to round it up (because he is soon to be 25).

Bulldozer was an entire new architecture, haswell it not.

Haswell is still based on sandy-bridge.

To my analogy: He would only mention he was 25 to round it up (because he is soon to be 25).

Bulldozer was an entire new architecture, haswell it not.

Haswell is still based on sandy-bridge.

true and true.

-snip-

Keep it relevant and keep your feelings out of it.

This thread is about what the new processors offers/what's the difference not if they are good or not or what you feel about it.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

My feelings ?!? It's been over 4 years Intel didn't have to push their i7/i5 architecture to be competitive because AMD don't do shit and their fan boys agreed to them by buying their products like people were agreeing with online fees on Xbox 360 so all others compagnies start doing the same bullshit.

As consumers, we are the ones that will get hurt by the lack of competition on products.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

I don't think AMD Will beat Intel in this 1-3 Years

Maybe in 3-6 Years AMD Can Catch Up Intel Techology

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

I'm an intel fan but I do like it better if amd were to release a new architecture that can either perform similarly to intel's haswell or whatever comes next or even outperform it.

because if they did. the one who will benefit the most will be us consumers. Intel might start releasing leaps and bounds compared to 3rd/4th gen.

pretty much for me whoever has the best performance regardless of price I'll buy it whether it be intel or amd.

Live your life like a dream.

It seems like AMD is focusing on the APU line,as others have said. After digging around, it looks like we should be expecting a Carrizo architecture in the upcoming months... Then the product line after that will move on from FM2 to FM3

[witty signature]

AMD strategy always been about gimmicks as far as I remember, releasing first stock 5.0 ghz CPU even it burns motherboards, heat as hell,  cost 900$ on lauch and 300$ after few months giving a hard punch into the face of AMD first month buyers and cough cough lolll

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Intel added enough efficiency to their mainstream i7 to get performance boost in rendering from 3770K vs 4770K.

AMD strategy always been about gimmicks as far as I remember, releasing first stock 5.0 ghz CPU even it burns motherboards, heat as hell,  cost 900$ on lauch and 300$ after few months giving a hard punch into the face of AMD first month buyers and cough cough lolll

Uses the world always. Uses an example from this last year. :(

My feelings ?!? It's been over 4 years Intel didn't have to push their i7/i5 architecture to be competitive because AMD don't do shit and their fan boys agreed to them by buying their products like people were agreeing with online fees on Xbox 360 so all others compagnies start doing the same bullshit.

As consumers, we are the ones that will get hurt by the lack of competition on products.

What I mean with your "feelings" is that, in proper reviews you are supposed to explain why you think one is better over the other.

It's not enough saying, they suck but these don't.

You are trash talking amd not providing proper facts. This thread is for you to trash talk, what you choose to have and like is your opinion. But don't come here and trash talk because you don't like certain things.

For example look here "pretty much for me whoever has the best performance regardless of price I'll buy it whether it be intel or amd." -Joshua Ondangan

This is the best way to look at things. Don't look at the brand and don't trash talk the brand because you do no like it. Go with whatever you think is best and keep it to yourself if you dislike amd for some reason.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Buying a FX-9590 at 900$ on first few months launch when see it sells 300$ after few months is really frustrating. Having a processor breaking motherboards VRMs that don't even compete with similar priced processors for performance. Who's did that ? AMD, I never heard Intel doing that, I though brand don't matter.

AMD made the world's worst decision when they bought ATi. Went from one CPU company and one GPU company of which both were able to compete, to one company that has never competed since on either side.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

AMD made the world's worst decision when they bought ATi. Went from one CPU company and one GPU company of which both were able to compete, to one company that has never competed since on either side.

No, that what help that stay floating.

Honestly, nobody knows. I hope they are working on something that is keeping up at least decently with intels processors, and ill buy it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG