PC Problems you live with

My left mousebutton will just randomly stop working. So i have to restart the computer, sometimes loosing all my work. 

A crappy computer. But not much I can do about it, I gotz No money!!

A horrible keyboard. Like I bought it off ebay, They said it was a raptor k30. And they didn't like it, compared to there membrane. So they were selling it for a decent price. I get it and its a horrible like $10 keyboard, masked as a raptor k30

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

My current power "button"

It's the HDD light with the top stripped off and plugged into the power switch header. I just touch the wires together to start the computer. 

That's amazing.

Red LED light on 24/7 on my asus z97-a mobo (i have meshed side panel on my case) and monitor on/off button led blinking when pc is shut down so annoying when i go to sleep so !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I have a laptop.

I feel you bro

i_hug_that_feel.png

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Coil whine and a noisy-ass hard drive.

The hard drive noise can be stopped but only with certain software.

Have you tried putting rubber between HDD and case or those little sponges.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Have you tried putting rubber between HDD and case or those little sponges.

It's some "feature" that newer Seagate HDDs have called APM.  It causes the HDDs head to reset every 10 mins or so making an obnoxious "chirping cricket" sound.  

It basically made me think that my drive was dying until I looked up what it was.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

had to RMA my corsair ram, I asked if i can burrow a 2 gig stick from my brother. he said sure. I asked if he could put it in, he said sure. hes somewhat decent with computers, he knows all the components, he just doesnt know brands or models and such. 

he got the ram to fit. the problem is it was ddr2. my mobo is ddr3. 

the slot doesnt work anymore lol

Windows 8.1 continuous maintenance that never ends, even when the PC is left on for 24 hours and starts everytime i start up the PC. Grrr!

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Had some trouble with the sound drivers not picking up on the front audio jacks and then when it works, I have to manually change the default playback device... Headset...Speakers....Headset...Speakers.

If I didn't then I would get no sound :|

My case is always open for no good reason , with time I lost the parts for the front and sides and dust is everywhere.

Ohh ,and also whenever my computer goes to sleep , it does the peripheral connect and disconnect sound OVER AND OVER AGAIN. even with OS reinstall , help me pls.

Ohh ,and also whenever my computer goes to sleep , it does the peripheral connect and disconnect sound OVER AND OVER AGAIN. even with OS reinstall , help me pls.

You know contacting MS is always an options I think they love these reports.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

one of my Corsair SP fans clicks as it spins. I'm gonna buy some more, when i get $$.

Why don't you RMA it?

OP: None, really, lol.

This crap mobo I have with no sata 3 or usb 3 its a real pain.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

R9 290 crashes and black screens, but I can no longer RMA it. My workaround is underclocking the card to 725 Core clock and 800 memory.

The card works fine with this fix, and I mostly play outdated games anyway, so it doesn't really affect me.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

• 7 months later...

Cooler Master jet flow 120! its so noisey, have to run it on the lowest setting on FD R4 fan controller and then the led is hardley visable! worst fan ive ever bought!

GPU: MSI GTX 760 HAWK,  CPU: intel 4690,   MB: MSI z97 Gamming 3,   RAM: Adata XPG 8GB (gold),   SSD: 120GB Samsung EVO 840,  HDD: WB Black 1TB,

PSU: Cougar CMX 700w,  Case: Fractal Design R4   

I bought Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz specially for i7 processors. I have an FX-8350. My motherboard supports 1866Mhz, but it wasn't until like a month later that I realized it was clocked at 1600Mhz and I couldn't get it any further. The heat spreaders are also too tall and interfere with my Enermax-ETS-T40-BK cooler. So I have to face the fan towards the end of the case and pull air through the heatsink. The fan is about 2 inches from my case's exhaust fan so if you put your hand on the outside of the case where the fan is you will get a stream of very hot air, it's actually pretty cool. 

VRM fan on my RIVE. Don't want to spend another £300 on a motherboard that doesn't have one.

Currently every time I boot up Tinker Rig (air-cooling only, since need to be able to take it apart on a whim) from cold, the 120mm fans in the roof (which are 3-pin ones) ramp up to full-speed the instant they get juice until I get the OS loaded and something like SpeedFan to drop them back down to ~50% speed. That's only 3 of the 10 fans in that rig that are 3-pins (not 4-pin/PWM or with a speed control toggle on the fan) and only from cold-boot though, so I ain't in a rush to try and fix it any time soon.

Currently every time I boot up Tinker Rig (air-cooling only, since need to be able to take it apart on a whim) from cold, the 120mm fans in the roof (which are 3-pin ones) ramp up to full-speed the instant they get juice until I get the OS loaded and something like SpeedFan to drop them back down to ~50% speed.

Mine does that by design. Don't see the issue myself :P

Mine does that by design. Don't see the issue myself :P

Of all the fans in the rig (all around 1800 RPM), the 3 Bitfenix suckers in the roof are the noisiest buggers in that system at full-pelt that's why I got the problem with them that I currently live with. :P

Seriously, I got 3x EK Vardar F3's (came with the EK X360 water cooling kit I'm using on Beast Rig) + a Gelid Wing 12 on the side panel as intake, the 3 Bitfenix buggers in the roof as exhaust, an old Antec Tri-cool 120mm with 3 LED's (1 each of Red, Green & Blue) with a 3-speed switch pushing over the drive bays, then CoolerMaster 120mm fan that came with the 212 EVO on the CPU, and a Gelid Wing 12 (75.6CFM) over the Rear I/O.