PC Problems you live with

My Pentium D and GT 9800 GT system is super loud. I've cleaned the dust out of it countless times. Such a simple thing as having two chrome tabs open makes the computer go stupidly loud!  :angry: 

Lights on my Phantom 410 is cool sometimes, but totally not cool when it's time to sleep..

I know this is a super old post but I thought that I was the only one with this problem:D it's even worse when the conputer is on sleep and I'm trying to sleep...blink...blink...blink...blink...blink

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Dust still getting inside my case despite all intakes being filtered and I'm pretty sure my case has positive air pressure too. 

Other than that HDD vibrations drive me mad. I have a 5.25" decoupling rig (well, 2) but the WD Black still makes noise on occasion even though it's only in contact with the rubber parts of the rig. 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Every now and then my PC doesn't boot properly. Normally when I've been trying to squeeze a few more mhz out of my OC's. Everything will start in my PC, but no output or any power for my peripherals. It'll do that a couple times until my motherboards failsafe will activate due to too many failed boots.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Reading posts with funky fonts on forums... need to add a GreaseMonkey script kill that... <_<

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

a middle top clicking fan. annoys the sh** out of me. it is off currently, but that means a hotter pc in exchange for silence. eventually i will return it and get a non-clicking one. also, having a blue pc, with a green keyboard. I suppose i will just add afew green lights/parts so neither of them look out of place.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

the blades sketchy battery life ;c

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Whenever i turn on m PC I don't get an output but, if I wait a second and then restart it works fine. Never looked into it because I could always get it running it just takes a little longer.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Something happened when I reinstalled windows on my ssd (primary drive) so now it won't boot without this 1tb hdd I also have in it being hooked up and it boots up at hdd speeds.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Dust still getting inside my case despite all intakes being filtered and I'm pretty sure my case has positive air pressure too. 

Other than that HDD vibrations drive me mad. I have a 5.25" decoupling rig (well, 2) but the WD Black still makes noise on occasion even though it's only in contact with the rubber parts of the rig. 

i get soooo much dust too! all filtered! with + air pressure! i may or may not have just put three more fans in for a -1 air pressure...

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Lets see... I love tiddies to bits, best PC i ever owned. But...

- My case isn't stable, missing a leg (guess who is entering as many case giveaways as she can?)

- I only have fans on the CPU/PSU/GPU 

- The case has openings in the back where expansion cards used to be

- No "on" light

- No beeps so no warnings if say... the ram isn't all the way pushed in.

- One of the screws on the GPU is rusted. 

- AMD driver crashes regularly

- For some reason the ASUS smart doctor doesn't work at all on this machine so i am using afterburner. 

- Need to restart at least once if using Ae and media encoder

- Pretty sure i got a three way bottleneck (RAM, GPU, HDD)

But unless i am pushing it, my girl is quiet.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I had a PC where I changed the hardware and got "This version of windows is not genuine". Wasen't really in the mood for digging up procuct codes and dealing with MicroShaft so I just left it like that untill I installed a new OS years later.

My old PC that i'm about to be finally free of has a massively long boot time, windows explorer crashes as a part of the normal start up process. Closing too many tabs of google chrome will cause the computer to hang for a moment. Photoshop is incredibly laggy after not too long of using it, all in all this dinosaur of a computer is a nightmare that i'm hoping to put to rest in the next few weeks. 

1) using 2 Sata power extension cable together because I didn't buy the 1 with right size.

2) When closing the back panel, I have to force my way though because cable are so tight in there even with cable management...

3) maintenance is a pain in the @** because the PC is kind of heavy and unconvenient to move around.

4) using blue tubing for watercooling does not make any sense with blue coolant since we can't tell the difference.

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

I need to unplug the power to the back of my monitor and plug it back in each time I turn on my pc and it will only show picture at windows, so when working in bios I need to use my tv

It was under warranty so I took it to samsung and they "fixed it" but it literally only worked once before it went back to the old unplu/replug each time I boot

Good thing is none of my house mates know how to use my computer, muhahahaha

Another past problem is no matter what gigabyte mobo I had I always had ram compatibility issues, I am now an ASUS fan :D

Gives me motivation to buy a gsync monitor when I buy my 970 gtx soon :D

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

ohh the other super annoying thing, my mITX build doesn't really have room for a sound card and I have to switch sound output device depending on if I am watching shows on my tv or using my headphones

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

Mine completely freezes when I copy large amounts of data ( >1.5TB) in one go, usually near the end.  That only started happening when I switched my Gigabyte MoBo for an MSi one.

The workaround is to backup my stuff 500GB at a time.

My external HDD prevents my system from passing the boot screen until I disconnect it. I only reboot when Windows Update needs a reboot or some other installation/uninstallation needs it, so I can live with it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

My HDD rattles like mad. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

My keyboard often switches to other languages, mostly norwegian but sometimes it gets really exotic :D I have no idea why and I have given up on fixing it.