PC Problems you live with

mostly comes down to sound .. coil whine and loud jittery fan on psu .. annoying pump on the h80i among other terrible noises.

Long boot time from bios and stock cooler on my Intel I7 960 getting cooler master water cooler soon though ! :-)

1. My Xbox controller turns off randomly.

2. I still have to use a netbook daily.

3. My Hyper 212 TX3 was bending my mobo, so I'm using my (surprisingly cool and quiet) Sempron heatsink.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My pc has a very annoying coil wine from my graphics card and i hate it!

AMD always has been bad with me  :angry:

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

~From my last cleaning of the PC the weak cable from the power on button broke off. So I pushed it out trough the fan grill and I turn on the PC by grabbing the cable and either touch it with the 3.5mm headphone extender, put it on the front USB port or connect it with the black cable (which I don't anymore as it's annoying in the dark.

~Slow start-up even after taking out most of the auto start-up programs and services. So I almost never shut the PC down, but just leave it in sleep. (This kinda helps/fixes the problem above as I can wake the PC with the keyboard)

~Lame case that is loud from HDD and fans so I've bent a text book I used for French classes in class 5 or so. And jammed it between the side panel and the cables behind the motherboard. (Now it doesn't make noise :D). And on the other side panel I used rubber pieces that have glue on one side.

~Bought a 120mm fan... don't have where to mount it, largest fan place is 100mm on this case. Was planning to mod the side-panel to make it fit, never got to do it so the fan just sits somewhere on a shelf.

~Power-supply had noisy fan so I took it out and inserted a 80mm case fan. (It's not welded there just pushed the cables that I didn't cut all the way off, trough the pin port on the fan xD. I really don't recommend this to do for anyone xD)

~2TB Seagate Drive died after 7 months, I don't have money to get a new one to back-up my stuff before sending it to RMA so it just sits there in the PC unconnected to power and data.

That should be about it :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

At the boot screen, you know you sometimes get that list asking what OS you want to boot? Yeah, I only have W7 Ultimate 64 installed, but for some amazing reason ... My PC lists it 8 other times, select the wrong one and it crashes and reboots, because naturally those other options physically do not exist. :P It's entertaining though, any PC with it's own little fault gives it character.

Keyboard behavious randomly changes from EN to FR or vice-versa.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

My DVD-RW carked it in my 6-year old PC.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Piece of the plastic bent on the sata connector of my dvd drive (making it abit harder to plug it in)

Corsair h100 , molex connector has lose pins (ended up plugging it in a molex splitter for my fan controller and then duck taping the cables of the h100 molex so they won't move) 

not having a place to stretch my legs out when gaming, my legs really like to be elevated but there is no comfortable place to put them. i also dont have enough room for my keyboard and mouse. so its all environmental, i took care of everything else pretty much

Well to be honest mate, I call my computer the Nzxt H2 footstool.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

The USB 2.0 ports on the rear I/O sometimes randomly spaz out and I lose keyboard/mouse for a few seconds, it's an electrical thing because the power is lost and the detection sound goes nuts, wiggling the ports on the I/O makes it happen so it's a loose connection kind of thing.

It's very annoying but doesn't happen often enough for me to replace the board.

USB 3.0 front panel kinda wonky, my 7200.12 sounds like a pig when spinning up, backplate on my board is not fully secure but I don"t want to dismantle my whole system...

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

At the boot screen, you know you sometimes get that list asking what OS you want to boot? Yeah, I only have W7 Ultimate 64 installed, but for some amazing reason ... My PC lists it 8 other times, select the wrong one and it crashes and reboots, because naturally those other options physically do not exist. :P It's entertaining though, any PC with it's own little fault gives it character.

Hey man, I had this issue recently because I installed windows 7 on my mates SSD which was in my PC, and it was still listed in my bios. Go to run > msconfig > boot > and delete the OSs that isn't listed as current, it should solve your problem :)

#!

Coolermaster fan for evo 212 runs at 100% so every time i start up i have to load up a program to set it at a lower speed (only a temporary cooler until custom water cooling loop is installed) I wear headphones to make it quiet.

Change fan speed in BIOS, that will change what is on startup/boot until speedfan or w/e you use takes it over.

Hey man, I had this issue recently because I installed windows 7 on my mates SSD which was in my PC, and it was still listed in my bios. Go to run > msconfig > boot > and delete the OSs that isn't listed as current, it should solve your problem :)

Thanks a lot! :) Still a noisy PC though. ;)

cd rom does not work the way i want it and some time processor gets heated up alot 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Can't think of any. My PC functions pretty much what I want it to.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

h100i led failing for the second time now. im just too lazy to send it in again so i managed to make it blue so it can match my build a little better and stock coolers they dont look good and are loud under load

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

addiction to using tape: http://tinypic.com/r/23ljvx5/5

4.2GHZ VALIDATIONGALLERYMost expensive software you own (clicky thread)

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHZ @3.3ghz(4C),Asus P7H55/USB3,Antec TP550 80+bronze,Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC@955/2120 1050MV,windows 3.1,8GB DDR3 1333MHZ @~1450mhz,,500gb hdd, 160gb