Heaven Society - Week 20 (Watamote)

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

This Weeks Anime!

Watamote

K0S3nsu.jpg

Synopsis

Tomoko Kuroki is about as socially dysfunctional as it is possible for a first year high school girl to be. We start the story when she realizes she has attended high school for three months without even talking to anyone at all. Not all is lost, however, since she is irrepressibly optimistic about her chances to turn it around and live a fulfilling high school life.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch
hulu
Crunchyroll

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

These anime were selected from a poll that is generated from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Oh lord, prepare for cringes! 

I'm not sure if I like this anime or not, I don't think it's really my type of humour. It has an awesome OP though. 

EDIT: Also, I see I have a special tag (: 

won by 4 so not really we have hard far bigger win margins on things

Oh...

I dunno why, but I take way longer than 24 minutes per ep when watching this series...

Oh lord, prepare for cringes! 

I'm not sure if I like this anime or not, I don't think it's really my type of humour. It has an awesome OP though. 

EDIT: Also, I see I have a special tag (:

the one time i watched was at like 4am after marathoning another anime and trying to sleep so i only got the first ep in and never tried it again.

yes you do have a special tag because i forgot your name change one week lol

Keep choosing anime I've already watched for a while longer, so I'll keep myself fresh for new episode of Grisaia No Kajitsu every week :P

PS: Great choice, love Watamote

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Keep choosing anime I've already watched for a while longer, so I'll keep myself fresh for new episode of Grisaia No Kajitsu every week :P

PS: Great choice, love Watamote

Derail: Grisaia's animation quality is epic! Not to mention the 'plot'... I'm kind of excited on how they'll do Amane's story since there's lots of things along her route which you cannot show on TV...

On Topic: Rewatching now...

Of all things to win, there will be some people who can't even watch this simply due to how painful it is to watch.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Yeesh, that OP is going to wear on me quickly, it has some interesting images but that song is generic terrible new age thrash metal.
I'm really liking the sharp angled lighting, it's interesting to look at.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Oh...

I dunno why, but I take way longer than 24 minutes per ep when watching this series...

Because you dont have screenshot bound to a button on your remote.

Because you dont have screenshot bound to a button on your remote.

Fair enough... I really need to get a faster way to get screencaps... And maybe something to make gifs out of...

Fair enough... I really need to get a faster way to get screencaps... And maybe something to make gifs out of...

How do you do them now?

How do you do them now?

puush or snipping tool... Fraps leaves an ugly watermark...

Well, I suspect I won't be finishing this one, I'm not even through the first episode and I don't want to watch anymore. It's awkward cringe, not comedy. It's like 30 minutes of the scene from 'Meet the parents' where Ben Stiller is explaining that he used to milk cats, it's cringe worthingly awkward and stupid and really not something that I have ever found funny. It's the build up to embarrassment that makes me cringe but the payoff is never funny. She either is embarrassed which I don't find embarrassment and humiliation to be amusing as much as I find it sad, or she gets away unnoticed, to which there is no payoff, or she gets noticed and accepted, still no payoff, or something else that I cant think of. This doesn't feel like a drama; which i feel this cringe element could work in. It feels like it wants to be a comedy and cringe is something I wish would stop being used to attempted comedic affect, But maybe I'm wrong, this series seems to be held in high so maybe it starts as an awful attempt at comedy and twists into something more.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

puush or snipping tool... Fraps leaves an ugly watermark...

For anime? Wait what are you watching anime with?

For anime? Wait what are you watching anime with?

Yep... VLC or MPC-HC (depends on which one works better with the format)... I can use VLC's capture function but I end up with huge images and I'm too fukken lazy to resize them...

Yep... VLC or MPC-HC (depends on which one works better with the format)... I can use VLC's capture function but I end up with huge images and I'm too fukken lazy to resize them...

Umm MPC-HC works better no matter what. I can help you take screenshots in it. Its pretty easy "Alt + I" to save a current frame which also sets the location and format for auto save. F5 is auto save just press any time you want what you see MPC-HC playing. If you need any help setting up MPC-HC + madVR together let me know.

Also MPC-HC saves the size of the frame as it pulls directly from the file.

Umm MPC-HC works better no matter what. I can help you take screenshots in it. Its pretty easy "Alt + I" to save a current frame which also sets the location and format for auto save. F5 is auto save just press any time you want what you see MPC-HC playing. If you need any help setting up MPC-HC + madVR together let me know.

I'll try to figure it out on my own first... Experience makes one wiser...

I'll try to figure it out on my own first... Experience makes one wiser...

Im happy to see you say that as its something that is very uncommon to see on this forum.

Well if you have any questions I can help you work through it instead of just telling you how to do it. Hell my readme is by no means perfect. it just saves quite a few steps.

Saw this previously thought it was just gonna be a Spin on "The world god only knows"  but gender switched and with less fantasy but it's not it's got some funny moments that reference other animes and break the fourth wall... nice little show overall

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas