Microphone causing constant buzzing for others in voice chat

Hi there, i have a problem with my new Kingston Hyperx Cloud Headset, and i know i can turn to the LTT community

So my problem is as follows: The mic causes a constant buzzing for other users when i'm in voice chat

I have put all images into spoilers, and they are captioned.

When i listen to the device (mic), i can hear the endless buzzing, 

The buzzing does not occur with this Creative mic that i normally use

DlENXVq.jpg

EeMU1ry.png

I've tried the following:

* Using all extension cords, connecting to front and rear of PC. Using only main cord, connecting to front and back.

* Messing with microphone boost, and volume: if one is turned down, buzzing turns down in volume, but can't hear anything through mic then.

Drivers

On the drivers page for my Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P) the VIA audio driver is not available for windows 8.1. only up to windows 8.

On the Via website, there are a bunch of drivers for windows 8.1, and i have no idea which one i should be using.

nUKTHFx.png

pWLY40t.png

rY3pLTN.png

So in conclusion, what do i do? I've just bought this awesome headset to replace the 20 dollar on ear craphones i had before, and i need to use the mic to communicate with others ingames, but no one can survive 10 seconds listening to this buzzing!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

a- theres something wrong with the mic

b- theres something up with the port or cable

c- rma and get new one

d- if problem persists after that, ball up and cry with me b/c i always had that issue in the past

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

a- theres something wrong with the mic

b- theres something up with the port or cable

c- rma and get new one

d- if problem persists after that, ball up and cry with me b/c i always had that issue in the past

Hi Swndlr, thanks for responding so quickly

So you don't think its on the software end?

With my previous headphones i would hear a strange static noise on my end, and i figured that was to do with EMI.

This noise is separate, but i guess it could be related

I bought it from a local store, so i'll try and RMA it. Seems like everything i buy for my PC setup goes back to that store....

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Wow update!

So i set to listen to the mic, turned up volume 3 times louder than i normally set it at, and found that the static doesn't occur if i move my hand next to the mic.

It doesn't occur if i move my head to the right a bit, thus the mic is pointing at: second old monitor, PC, microwave.

I recommend ditching the mic boost, that'll cause a lot of static.

I recommend ditching the mic boost, that'll cause a lot of static.

Hi,

I noticed when using the mic in voice chat yesterday that, when i spoke louder the volume number increased, and at a certain threshold the mic boost would jump up automatically/

Turning down mic boost means i have to turn up mic volume, which achieves the same static effect. Which way should i set it? 0 mic boost high volume. or 10% volume boost low volume?

RRsJS04.png

Also some static stops when i turn off the light switch.

Also some static stops when i turn off the light switch.

If static stops when you turn off the light switch, then you have some SERIOUS electrical/grounding issues you should check with your electrician...

If static stops when you turn off the light switch, then you have some SERIOUS electrical/grounding issues you should check with your electrician...

It doesn't stop, but it gets quieter. The buzzing has annoyed my friend a lot.

My house is very old, and its Australian, so i wouldn't be surprised.

I've always had problems with random noises through headphones

Bump... I had the problem, then it went away randomly, and now its back.

Bump... I had the problem, then it went away randomly, and now its back.

I seem to have fixed the issue by moving the headphone cable away from other wires. Also have the headset plugged into the rear audio ports

I seem to have fixed the issue by moving the headphone cable away from other wires. Also have the headset plugged into the rear audio ports

My problem is something else I tested for grounding issues and the cable is not near any other wires. I have a laptop.