Need some advices for my first mechanical KB

SmXme

Hi, 

first of all, i'm sorry for my english, i'm French and i've not a perfect english.

So, i want to buy my first mechanical KB. 

I really like the K70 Black, but there is a lot of leds problem apparently.

I want a full size azerty ISO keyboard, with backlit, i don't need macros, or just 2-3 profiles for leds, and some media hotkeys.

For you, Corsair K70 still a good option, and if it's not, wich keyboard should be good for me?

(I don't have many volume, so my keyboard max dimensions are: 47.5cm * 19-20cm)

Thanks !

Hi, 

first of all, i'm sorry for my english, i'm French and i've not a perfect english.

So, i want to buy my first mechanical KB. 

I really like the K70 Black, but there is a lot of leds problem apparently.

I want a full size azerty ISO keyboard, with backlit, i don't need macros, or just 2-3 profiles for leds, and some media hotkeys.

For you, Corsair K70 still a good option, and if it's not, wich keyboard should be good for me?

(I don't have many volume, so my keyboard max dimensions are: 47.5cm * 19-20cm)

Thanks !

I would go for the K70 or maybe this: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirext/

I have a Logitech G710+ and the only thing i don't like about it is the G1-6 keys but the rest of it is awesome! :D

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I've 2 questions:

-Is Corsair K70 a realy viable option? (Cause i don't want to have led problems or change my KB 2 years later).

- If it's not a viable option, can u give me some suggestions for my new keyboard? 

Thx for ur answer

What switch do you want? That's the most important question :P

Since I've got the same problem as you (I'm also an Azerty user) it's always handy to know what switch you like. And how much you want to spend on the keyboard.

I've got the Logitech G710+ last week and It's very good. I really like it and it's available in Azerty (fr).

There are also other keyboards out there but you do have to tell us how much you'd like to spend and what switch type you'd like. ;)

Soo, max price = k70. 

But if i don't buy a k70, i prefer 100€ max.

Brown or Red switches (I'm a BIG LoL player and Rust player (a fps survival)), better red or brown?

If possible, i'd like to have a back light :/ 

Oh i thought it was backlit but it wasn't :o

I would personally go for the K70 though!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Corsair K95 is too large, and i rly don't need macros. Someone can give me K70 dimensions with and without the wist pad plz?

438 mm X 163 mm X 24 mm (not sure if it's with or without the wristpad)

Corsair K95 is too large, and i rly don't need macros. Someone can give me K70 dimensions with and without the wist pad plz?

I just found, with wristpad 210mm.

It's the max for me.

The G710+ is 165 x 507 x 30 mm (H x W x D) so that probably will be too large for you (the width). 

If it's still possible for you I'd suggest to get that one. It's even discounted at Amazon fr.

http://www.amazon.fr/Logitech-G710-Clavier-Gaming-Azerty/dp/B00CJAF3OC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1412596054&sr=8-10&keywords=Corsair+K70

no it's not :/ max width 48cm. But it's okay, i just did some modification with my desk, i'll be good i can carry 24cm (height)

The K70 is an excellent option. The LED's will likely (90%) not fail. It was just the first few production runs and the limited edition silver boards with blue LED's that had problems.