PCIe Lanes - PCIe 8x vs 16x in SLI

Intel 5820K

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1COdYYm

Amazon: http://geni.us/1s7A

Intel 5930K

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1rcNs2d

Amzon: http://geni.us/jvZ

PCIe lanes have, surprisingly enough, a pretty big impact on CPU prices. So, is there a tangible benefit to purchasing a CPU with more lanes when running, let's say, 4 NVIDIA GTX 980s in SLI?

Just the Thumbnail of the Video makes me jealous...

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

dw i commented yay to stop people saying first :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Always wondered about this stuff. Thanks Nick!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Always wondered about this stuff. Thanks Nick!

Thank Linus not me!

Thank Linus not me!

Makes the most sense to thank you since you posted it. If some guy sent you some package or something, would you say thank you to him when he delivered it? I think so. Same situation here.

Although we all know @LinusTech stays up all hours of the night working on these :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Haha sorry, I couldn't pass up putting 4 GTX 980s in the thumbnail... had to be done :P

*foams at mouth*

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Lol watchdogs is horrible in sli scaling

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I need a pic of Nick for my MCM. Thanks for the upload Nick!

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Thanks LMG for making it! I've always wondered if there's any difference.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Awesome :D 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

They don't. They suffocate. :P JK

Then 4 cards? 4th one really doesn't help in performance FYI. Although it chews up power and makes heat and noise.

I's just stupid FYI LOL. ;):)

25 fps in Tomb Raider and FC3, and 14fps in Crysis 3 and nothing in Watch Dogs (go figure) isn't exactly "stupid" for people running something like 1440p surround or something

so what do I want for dual SLI? 

I'm at a 3770k ( 4.7 ghz ) now and am looking for a significant upgrade in terms of gaming performance...

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

linus isnt actually shopping for cpus.

I suspect this too.

He lies to us. We know he's lying to us so often and yet we take it. We're such fools! Why would he care enough to tell the truth!?

...and yet we can't stop caring about him and coming for more :(

At 4:58 "dual cards will run at 8x/8x with a 5820K & 5930K on 16x/16x". Well no, the 5820K does it at 16x/8x (28 lanes total). Graphs are for 2 way SLI wrong too.

Why does 5820k two-way run at 8/8 rather than 16/8?

So is 3 way sli possible with a socket 1150 mobo yes or no? Taking into account that some socket 1150 mobo's claim to be able to do 4 way sli?