Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xTrip

Which case is better ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey, guys I want to buy a new case. I like Haf X because of its awesome cooling and it looks great but I want bigger window and a fan on the side pannel for my video card. What do you thnik: Corsair C70, Antec DF-85 or Haf X :)

Thanks

Cooler Master HAF X: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2988&product_name=HAF%20X

Corsair Vengeance C70: http://www.corsair.com/en/pc-cases/vengeance-series-gaming-case/vengeance-c70-mid-tower-gaming-case-military-green.html

Antec DF-85: http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=2404&fid=329

PS. I really like the DF-85 but i don't like that it hasn't got any ventilation holes at the bottom for the power supply

I'll also accept other ideas :))

With my experience with the DF-85, i can't really recommend it. It's really plasticky and feels cheap and weak. And it has these useless bay covers that just get in your way every time you try and use a DVD drive, but it's really upto you if you use the DVD drive.

The HAF is a nice standard case, but again, there are newer better, options: Switch 810.

The C70 is great if you're into the whole military thing. It's also an excellent case overall.

Out of the three i would recommend the C70. But have a look at other cases like the NZXT switch, or phantom, or a BitFenix case.

DRKM

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

i have the Haf X and love it and i would proberly say that it is one of the best cases on the market if you like the style of it

I would say the C70 since it is the most good looking.

It is also the highest quality since it has zero plastic parts.

Both the HAF X and the DF-85 is full of plastic.

Maybe you should open your eyes and aim for and go for a aluminum case.

They are more expensive but it is worth it, hardware will come and go but a good quality case will last.

If you are aircooling there isn't a better case then the fortress ft-02 from silverstone.

Unless you're going for 3-4 GPUs, I'd go with the C70. Corsair cases supposedly tend to be nicer to build with, too.

It's important for me to have a window on the side pannel because I'll install LED lights. I don't mind if it's from plastic. I really like the C70 but I don't like that the two front fans are behind the HHDs that's going to be a problem for me. :)

It's important for me to have a window on the side pannel because I'll install LED lights. I don't mind if it's from plastic. I really like the C70 but I don't like that the two front fans are behind the HHDs that's going to be a problem for me. :)
There's two fan mounts in the front as well, so you can just move the fans there.
So you mean that I can put two more 120mm fans at the front on the C70 ?
Yes you can mount them in the front, but I had to drill the holes a bit bigger to get the screws threw because the paint made them too small.

15" MBP TB

Serenity: Intel 4960x | ASUS X79-E WS | ASUS DCUII 770 | Corsair 750D || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What Drive Should You Get?

Have a question? Please, don't hesitate to ask me over PM or on Twitter @Bladeof_Grass

Couldn't you just remove the HDD cages?

What do you think of the Aerocool x predator ? It looks good, isn't it ?
They're all pretty hideous, but some are less hideous than others, I suppose.
too be honest, I'd go with the Switch 810, it's one of the highest reviewed cases, TTL gave it a gold award and case of the year award.

15" MBP TB

Serenity: Intel 4960x | ASUS X79-E WS | ASUS DCUII 770 | Corsair 750D || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What Drive Should You Get?

Have a question? Please, don't hesitate to ask me over PM or on Twitter @Bladeof_Grass

on HAF X just the front panel and the decoration is plastic :) and im pretty sure just the side panels weight heavier than the c70 :)

i really like the design of c70 and the top handles are awesome, so if you gonna carry the case around by yourself i wudnt recommend the haf x cause its pretty heavy :)

Ok. I've already got my two favourite ones : the Switch 810 and the Aerocool x predator :)

The problem now is that I'm from Bulgaria and we haven't got them yet :D :D I guess I'll have to wait for them :P

We clearly got diferent opinions on whats that look good. The x predator looks like something for a five year old, in my world a case should be minimalistic and beautiful to look at, not look like a failed attemp to draw a batmobile. It should also use quality materials (aluminum) and hold the highest quality (no plastic). Keep your eyes open for Lian-Li and Silverstone cases.

Get the C70 vengeance, the haf x that i had didnt have great build quality and felt cheap due to the tacky plastics and such, i got the cm storm trooper but i regret not getting the c70 now

NZXT Switch 810. Very nice full tower chassis for a very affordable price. Has plenty space for a good few rads and has support for E-ATX and XL-ATX motherboards. I recently bought one for myself and have no regrets- absolutely love this case. Great value for money.

4670k @ 4.3GHz w/ Deepcool Lucifer | ASRock z97e-itx/ac | 2x4GB G Skill Ares | MSI TFiii HD 7870 @ 1150/1450| OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + 1TB | Bitfenix Prodigy Black | Antec TP-650C

I like the HAF X alot but I'm a window person as well The corsair c70 is a sick case and has a great window to it :) I would choose the C70

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The c70 is best of the three....but personally i dont like cases which have too simple a design....but yeah the white c70 is an exception

PC 1: CPU: i7 8700@4.3 Ghz     GPU:gtx 1070@2050Mhz/4000Mhz     MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte H310m       RAM: DDR4 2666       POWERSUPPLY: Great Wall 650W  

SSD:SanDisk 120GB   HDD: Toshiba 1TB.         

KEYBOARD: Redragon Kumara 10keyless    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: Acer ED347CKR+ LG 25UM58  Speakers: Edifier R1280T+Polk psw505.

PC 2: CPU: r9 3900x     GPU:RTX 2070 super     MOTHERBOARD: Aorus x570 ultra      RAM: hyper-x 3200      POWERSUPPLY: evga 650g5 modular 

SSD: 1Tb silicon power PCIe Gen3        

KEYBOARD: Redragon VARA    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: AOC 27" + Dell 24" 1080p

Laptop: Thinkpad t450s i7 5600u/8gb/ 240gb.                        

With my experience with the DF-85, i can't really recommend it. It's really plasticky and feels cheap and weak. And it has these useless bay covers that just get in your way every time you try and use a DVD drive, but it's really upto you if you use the DVD drive.

The HAF is a nice standard case, but again, there are newer better, options: Switch 810.

The C70 is great if you're into the whole military thing. It's also an excellent case overall.

Out of the three i would recommend the C70. But have a look at other cases like the NZXT switch, or phantom, or a BitFenix case.

DRKM

The army isnt the only branch... How about the Marines :) lol i would word that as the whole military thing ( Military Green) is the color