'Teaming' with 100mbps

I'm planning to build a NAS later on in the year, but the problem is that the Nic on my PC can only support up to 100mbps. If I were to install a second NIC (TP-Link) on, would I get 200mbps?

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

Only if the TP-Link NIC was 200mbps.

I don't think you can use two at the same time and get double the performance, if that's what you were asking.

Gigabit NIC's are cheap and in abundance. Buy one of those, install it, and disable the onboard 10/100 if you have no use for it.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Yeah, for this sort of scenario 1x 1Gbps is better than 2x 100Mbps and it's as cheap as chips. Plus you don't need to have a switch that supports Link Aggregation to get those benefits. Something that'll not only cost more than just going Gigabit but it'll also deliver Gigabit anyway. The only reason you might want 2x 100Mbps NICs over 1x 1Gbps would be if you needed to connect to two different networks/devices via LAN. Like if you wanted to turn it into a router, if you only had one network socket spare or if you wanted to have a dedicated link between the NAS and another device.

.......... but even then, I'd still get a 1Gbps NIC. Even in the scenarios above where 2x 100Mbps has it's merits 1x 1Gbps + 1x 100Mbps would be even better than that. So just get a Gigabit NIC.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing