NFL bans players from wearing Beats by Dre headphones

Doesn't matter if they are banned. They will still call any pair of headphones around someone's neck "beats" and Bose will get mad

IMHO Bose is almost just as bad as beats.

Beats are to bassy

Bose sound like a pair of headphones muffled by a wet rag.

Doesn't matter if they are banned. They will still call any pair of headphones around someone's neck "beats" and Bose will get mad

IMHO Bose is almost just as bad as beats.

Beats are to bassy

Bose sound like a pair of headphones muffled by a wet rag.

Bose are actually really good. And there's no such thing as too bassy. I like a lot of bass.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Bose are actually really good. And there's no such thing as too bassy. I like a lot of bass.

That's why I said "IMHO"

Everyone has different tastes

I like my headphone to not color the sound and sound clear from the lows>mids>highs.

Where did you find this?

So true. I wasn't sure I'd hear that coming from you but...there's a large perception that Beats are the quintessential "black person" headphone.

Frankly I think all of this shit is weird. Let the players wear what they choose. They're doing enough for us bastards already, nearly killing each other over a pigskin ball for our enjoyment.

It's sitting somewhere here in LTT, last week I believe.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No you're the one who you it confused. The rumor is that Apple will get rid of Beats Music (possibly adding it to iTunes). Beats Music is a music streaming service, not the headphones part of beats.

Why would they get rid of one of the most popular headphone brands? It makes no sense.

Um, what? That's basically what I said about integrating the music system. It kills the brand, but it keeps the service and everything else as I mentioned, but no, Apple heard consumers saying they would not tolerate a lightning cable headphone and gave up on it. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No you're the one who you it confused. The rumor is that Apple will get rid of Beats Music (possibly adding it to iTunes). Beats Music is a music streaming service, not the headphones part of beats.

Why would they get rid of one of the most popular headphone brands? It makes no sense.

But I thought AT&T owned Beats Music.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Um, what? That's basically what I said about integrating the music system. It kills the brand, but it keeps the service and everything else as I mentioned, but no, Apple heard consumers saying they would not tolerate a lightning cable headphone and gave up on it. 

Lightning cable headphones are already a thing. What people were mad over were sensationalist media outlets saying Apple was going to ditch 3.5mm phone jacks as if they're that stupid. 

They're certainly not going to kill the headphones. It's one of the most successful brands in history and it makes tons of money.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm okay with this. they're shit headphones.

So are most Bose.

Bose are actually really good.

Low standards, I guess.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

So are most Bose.

Low standards, I guess.

My friend had a pair of Bose earbuds, I always thought they were nice, had better sound than most full sized over ear headphones I had worn up until that point (like....KOSS headphones)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yay maybe beats will phase out..

at least bose is /generally/ better than beats. maybe those will trend now

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Meh. 

Bose sound cancellation is magical. I wouldn't replace my QC20is, and I barely replaced my QC15s when the QC20s came out. 

Beats are marketing at nothing else. If they cost half as much, they'd actually be decently priced. But you buy into a brand, a very successful brand. 

Bose gets shit on, and IMHO their professional grade stuff is still good and their automotive stuff is spectacular. Their home theatre stuff is just plain overpriced (employee discount for the win). 

You said this:

Hey, Apple decided to kill the brand once it bought it. There's a page on LTT about it.

Other way around. They're killing the headphones but keeping the intelligent stream software and integrating it with iTunes radio.

I don't see anything about Apple killing off the Beats brand. All I can find is about them integrating their streaming service (and thus killing that part of the brand).

Maybe I am missing some article but I haven't read anything about them killing the headphones brand. That would be a really stupid move since there is such a big brand awareness already.

its good, how are u mang?

It's all good

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

hopefully the commentators won't be referring to Bose headphones as Beats like they did with the Surface.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

well bose are a bit better than beats so i will take it 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Bose is by far the better option. Beats are just overpriced fashion accessories. 

Hey, Apple decided to kill the brand once it bought it. There's a page on LTT about it.

They did not kill the brand, they killed the music program they bought with the headphones. Probably just integrating it into iTunes.

I'm happy about this.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

well, at least Bose is not quite as crappy as beats.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is all about how they can't wear them during interviews and such, not really much else.

Everyone should be banned from using Beats or for that matter any other shitty overpriced headphones....

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan