Prime 95 Error

http://i.imgur.com/GAnMP6u.png

I got that error while i was running prime 95 on my i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz 1.14V

asus p8 z77 v pro mobo

temps were 65C

what does it mean?

should i increase my voltage, or lower clock?

It means don't use prime95 because it sucks. If you have an intel chip than use the intel extreme tuning utility. And burn test it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

It means don't use prime95 because it sucks. If you have an intel chip than use the intel extreme tuning utility. And burn test it.

o okay i'll give it a go, i did play bf4 after and skyrim and my computer seemed fine 

o okay i'll give it a go, i did play bf4 after and skyrim and my computer seemed fine 

there is a lot of problems with prime95, one of the main ones is that it actually overvolts your cpu. Intel burn test is more reliable and safer way of testing overclocks. I mean cmon...it's from intel directly. It's also a pretty sweet program overall.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

there is a lot of problems with prime95, one of the main ones is that it actually overvolts your cpu. Intel burn test is more reliable and safer way of testing overclocks. I mean cmon...it's from intel directly. It's also a pretty sweet program overall.

okiie i'll try it out, i'm pretty new to overclocking

Up your voltage, your cpu is unstable.

What...no..

What...no..

i'll do that now, what should i raise it to?

What...no..

Intel burn test will work just as well without screwing with your voltages and giving you all kinds of monitoring options and on the fly cpu tweaking. Um yes. 

Intel burn test will work just as well without screwing with your voltages and giving you all kinds of monitoring options and on the fly cpu tweaking. Um yes. 

Prime95 messes with HASWELL. This isn't Haswell, so Prime95 is perfectly fine.

Prime95 messes with HASWELL. This isn't Haswell, so Prime95 is perfectly fine.

Really? I thought it was an issue across ivy h-as well

bad pun.

Really? I thought it was an issue across ivy h-as well

bad pun.

Sandy didn't have the voltage regulator on die, after that happened then P95 was bad for Intel CPUs. As for a Sandy chip, P95 is the easy way to go.

Sandy didn't have the voltage regulator on die, after that happened then P95 was bad for Intel CPUs. As for a Sandy chip, P95 is the easy way to go.

3570k is a ivy bridge chip though...?

3570k is a ivy bridge chip though...?

Yeah I derped. It's still fine though. Haswell is where it went south.

Yeah I derped. It's still fine though. Haswell is where it went south.

Thanks for the help btw 8)

Prime95 is perfectly fine to use with any Intel processor, AS LONG AS YOU SET VOLTAGE TO MANUAL/CONSTANT/OVERRIDE.  The people who are encountering problems are the ones who don't set their voltage to manual before stress testing.  Also, IBT uses P95 for its test.

ProTip:  Set voltage to manual/constant/override before any kind of stress testing.

Your problem is too low of voltage, up it just a hair, try 1.15v.  Very nice OC btw.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."