LTT is dying off, since some of our favourite people have left.

melias24

True but they will still be missed. :(

Its their choice and they havnt died (which I have had happen) and just move on. Thus is the life of the forum.

i love how you guys live in your own isolated little bubble, as for me living outside of that bubble, no, i haven't even noticed, and 99,5% of people won't, aside from seeing a couple "leaving" threads in off topic. Hate to break it to you but that's reality, this forum is too big.

i love how you guys live in your own isolated little bubble, as for me living outside of that bubble, no, i haven't even noticed, and 99,5% of people won't, aside from seeing a couple "leaving" threads in off topic. Hate to break it to you but that's reality, this forum is too big.

the elaving threads are more annoying than people leaving.

I can agree that LTT has changed since the early days, sure all the regulars are leaving and that's contributing to it, but I also think that it is the new people coming in. It is great that the forum is growing, but as it grows it starts to loose its charm, and I think it has something to do with the recent giveaways, requiring people to sign up to the forums. I have always wanted like a special section of the forum for people who have been members for a long time, or have a certain amount of likes or helpful posts, but I doubt that would ever happen.

For as long as slick and Linus has not left this forum, I don't see it dying.

I can agree that LTT has changed since the early days, sure all the regulars are leaving and that's contributing to it, but I also think that it is the new people coming in. It is great that the forum is growing, but as it grows it starts to loose its charm, and I think it has something to do with the recent giveaways, requiring people to sign up to the forums. I have always wanted like a special section of the forum for people who have been members for a long time, or have a certain amount of likes or helpful posts, but I doubt that would ever happen.

They're trying to get more viewers so on doing it to the current ones doesn't help.

For as long as slick and Linus has not left this forum, I don't see it dying.

Wait they're on the forum? :P

How you consider some of the top posters and most helpful people leaving "getting rid of bad apples"

Just because you have a high post count doesn't mean it's actual quality. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Just because you have a high post count doesn't mean it's actual quality.

*goes in his corner and cries a little*

just because you have high post count doesn't mean he is talking about you

*goes farther into his corner*

i know what your saying. i have a group of people who i see post regularly, but sometimes i see people with 2000+ posts and i've never even seen them before! 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Can someone fill me in on what happened? I didn't even realize some people left. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

i know what your saying. i have a group of people who i see post regularly, but sometimes i see people with 2000+ posts and i've never even seen them before! 

at first, when i saw several thousand posters popping up out of nowhere i thought, huh? who are you and where did you come from? these days i don't even question it anymore :P, depends on what subsections people hang out in really.

Can someone fill me in on what happened? I didn't even realize some people left. 

nothing, just a person in a soap bubble making a big deal out of nothing.

I don't see any signs of "dying" here. Even Askew still checks the forum time to time. (Just an example)There are trolls in every forum, we have a wonderful community here. Let's try to keep it that way.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

i was here since march i think(on my previous account) but since i used this acc people knew me less and then i took like a few months of break from ltt and now like no one knows me :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M