LTT is dying off, since some of our favourite people have left.

melias24

Hey I'm still here :3 just on holiday in Tenerife until next week :)

Besides unless Linus leaves I'm pretty sure there will always be a community, people come and go, maybe they get bored or spend too much time, maybe they lose interest but new people join and become popular etc etc the forum is a community not a place for 10 popular people to voice their opinion, every member has a valued opinion

Anyway get back to grovelling at my feet

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You seem to be mistaken. It was not a "screw you post" as you so eloquently put it. It was saying good-bye to all of my friends on the forum and if you read the thread (not sure if you did or not) you would have seen a great deal of good-byes, have a good life, and even a "you helped me with some of my problems thanks and I will miss you". It was actually because of these replies that I decided to stay. Also there where only 1,500 online at the time of which I assume only a handful where actually active. Anyway it was not my intent to have that thread seem like a screw you to anyone. My sincerest apologies if it came across like that to you. :)

There were also a couple of posts that agreed with me as well. When there's 1500 people online those are 1500 active users, they're doing something. In all fairness your thread wasn't the worst of its kind, but every time I see a post like that my first thought is always "Don't let the door hit you on your way out". It really shows how little people actually care about the community, especially the ones who claim to care the most. At the first sign of trouble your run for the fucking border instead of standing up for yourself and the community and dealing with it.  The amount of trolls we have here on the forum can easily be ignored, new members who come here to advertise for their new fancy tech youtube channel eventually either find their place in the community or leave and the spam that so many people "can't deal with" is taken care of by the lovely moderator team within minutes. There is no problem in this community worth even considering leaving for.

Metaphorically or literally?

I have cancer, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. 

My red blood count is high and my lymphocytes are overcrowding my blood cells. I've had four chemo sessions so far which makes me feel like crap for several days. I have to constantly monitor my sugars because of the steroids I take, make sure I don't break a fever, and eat/sleep on a strict schedule. It's stressful, you see.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

There were also a couple of posts that agreed with me as well. When there's 1500 people online those are 1500 active users, they're doing something. In all fairness your thread wasn't the worst of its kind, but every time I see a post like that my first thought is always "Don't let the door hit you on your way out". It really shows how little people actually care about the community, especially the ones who claim to care the most. At the first sign of trouble your run for the fucking border instead of standing up for yourself and the community and dealing with it.  The amount of trolls we have here on the forum can easily be ignored, new members who come here to advertise for their new fancy tech youtube channel eventually either find their place in the community or leave and the spam that so many people "can't deal with" is taken care of by the lovely moderator team within minutes. There is no problem in this community worth even considering leaving for.

This lovely essay you wrote me is largely subjective. Also a great teal of people have LTT running in the background and as long as they are logged in that counts as an active member. Also its hard for me to take you seriously when talking about the community when one of your status updates was "I wish people would stop posting status updates". Irony aside status updates are in place to make the place more of a community. On your last sentence that is your opinion. Obviously a number of people disagree. For some, including myself, LTT is about hinging out and helping people. Once that dissolves for them they  have little reason to stay. I dont blame them. IF they want to leave then by al means. I find little reason for you to stay once your main source of fun begins to disappear. 

Anyway get back to grovelling at my feet

quote-show-respect-to-all-people-but-gro

You better not leave any time soon :P

I have cancer, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. 

My red blood count is high and my lymphocytes are overcrowding my blood cells. I've had four chemo sessions so far which makes me feel like crap for several days. I have to constantly monitor my sugars because of the steroids I take, make sure I don't break a fever, and eat/sleep on a strict schedule. It's stressful, you see.

Damn that suck. :( Hope everything works out for you man . ;)

No but being so attention craving that you feel the need to post a "Goodbye guys, I'm better than all of you and I just don't feel you're good enough for me anymore" may call for said comment. Very few people in the community actually cares about the people that make these posts. They are the ones that yell the loudest though.

I react in the opposite way, it sad to see different personalities leave. I guess ive got to that "no life" point as I think that the friends i gain here are on par with my real life friends. I think that people should tell us when they leave as I would want my real friends to tell me before they leave me, I dont make a big thing about it, its just best to say farewell and wish them luck on their future endeavours 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

@SAV1OUR left?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I react in the opposite way, it sad to see different personalities leave. I guess ive got to that "no life" point as I think that the friends i gain here are on par with my real life friends. I think that people should tell us when they leave as I would want my real friends to tell me before they leave me, I dont make a big thing about it, its just best to say farewell and wish them luck on their future endeavours 

I'm with you on this one... I am as detached from people online as I am IRL... Leaving a note on your way out is one way to show that you at least cared in one way or another...

I'm with you on this one... I am as detached from people online as I am IRL... Leaving a note on your way out is one way to show that you at least cared in one way or another...

ManlyTearsHaveBeenShed.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

But when your friends leave would you not rather like a PM from them saying "Hey, it's been a great run man, Imma go get me some Mountain Dew" than a thread addressed to the entire community?

But when your friends leave would you not rather like a PM from them saying "Hey, it's been a great run man, Imma go get me some Mountain Dew" than a thread addressed to the entire community?

You do realize that we literally see hundred of people on this forum right.... A PM is kind of impractical...

@Ssoele said it well.

The forum is far from dying off is just a few members who prefer to spam off-topic and not offer anything beneficial to the community leave. Good riddance.

I couldn't have said it better, there still are alot of people from when this forum was first formed. Its just that alot of us have jobs so we cant sit around spamming off topic

Its all about those volumetric clouds

This lovely essay you wrote me is largely subjective. Also a great teal of people have LTT running in the background and as long as they are logged in that counts as an active member. Also its hard for me to take you seriously when talking about the community when one of your status updates was "I wish people would stop posting status updates". Irony aside status updates are in place to make the place more of a community. On your last sentence that is your opinion. Obviously a number of people disagree. For some, including myself, LTT is about hinging out and helping people. Once that dissolves for them they  have little reason to stay. I dont blame them. IF they want to leave then by al means. I find little reason for you to stay once your main source of fun begins to disappear. 

I'll leave you here as we obviously aren't going to agree. I'd like to address my status though, I posted it over a year ago as I was annoyed with the constant shitposting that was going on in the statuses back then which was being fed directly to my notifications (until I turned it off of course).

Its just that alot of us have jobs so we cant sit around spamming off topic

You must be so proud. To celebrate you should go ridicule everyone who goof off in there for fun. :D

You do realize that we literally see hundred of people on this forum right.... A PM is kind of impractical...

You have a hundred close friends on this forum? People you actually care about and people that care about you?

Leaving a note on your way out is one way to show that you at least cared in one way or another...

After being a part of enough forums and seeing this happen on all of them at one point or another I have come to the conclusion that is usually best to leave with out saying anything to the forum as a whole. Like with what is currently going on now it tends to create drama where there really isn't any to start with. People come and go, that is what happens with online communities there is little reason to point out every one that has left a forum.

Well as long as i get the message im fine, humans like to feel wanted, well most do so getting attention via making a thread about it is probably a way to do that, the counter argument to that is that you realise that a few people liked you and you feel bad for leaving them so you feel as if you want to come back, i remember when i left my guild in rusty hearts, one of the guys in the skype call was on the verge of tears, i felt like crap. In the end its always a hard thing to do, saying goodbye to friends, knowing that your chances of talking to them again will be reduced dramatically, its a horrible feeling

Listen if you care.

Just because of 2 people have gone that doesn't mean that LTT is dying FFS. If you feel like that then you better get your ass off this forum and go FUCKING mourn.

I hate it when people say like that.

If I ever left this forum, which I don't see happening any time soon I might just make a thread that I'm leaving.

The reason being that for some reason if there were even a few replies I'd feel better about myself. Maybe I never had friends as a kid.

But anyways the reason would be pretty much 100% selfishness.

Maybe the people who made a thread that they're leaving feel the same on some level. Maybe not, the point of this thread is not to blame anyone.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Well as long as i get the message im fine, humans like to feel wanted, well most do so getting attention via making a thread about it is probably a way to do that, the counter argument to that is that you realise that a few people liked you and you feel bad for leaving them so you feel as if you want to come back, i remember when i left my guild in rusty hearts, one of the guys in the skype call was on the verge of tears, i felt like crap. In the end its always a hard thing to do, saying goodbye to friends, knowing that your chances of talking to them again will be reduced dramatically, its a horrible feeling

Couldn't have said it better my self. :D

Everyone's "leaving".. Until the next giveaway...  :mellow:    *Grabs popcorn*

Details separate people.

How about straight up immaturity? Fascinating fact adults can be immature to. :o

Cool story, but age polls on the forum in the past have proven my point already.

Why does it matter. We have a big community and its always growing. It may take a while but someone will always step up and take their place.

Why does it matter. We have a big community and its always growing. It may take a while but someone will always step up and take their place.

True but they will still be missed. :(