psu makes a loud ticking noise

Kleptor

So i'm building my first pc and i have my mobo on the box to test everything. i installed the cpu, stock cpu cooler, ram, and plugged in the 24 pin power connector. i powered it up and it didn't run cause i forgot the 8 pin. i plugged the 8 pin in and when i press the power the psu makes a loud ticking noise, the fan doesn't run and i have to flip the switch on the psu to turn it off. any ideas?

What is the specs you could be overloading the psu or it might be dead on arival.

So the PSU makes a ticking noise even when your system is powered down? If yes, rma your psu.

I would say RMA

also @Faa you need a picture if you dont have one pm me ill make you one 4 free

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Couldn't resist xD

I'd suggest just RMA'ing it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

the psu is a 1200 nzxt hale90 v2. its only the mobo cpu and ram i have plenty of power. The psu seems to work fine when i do not have the 8 pin cpu connector plugged in. but when i plugg in the cpu power and press the power the psu makes the clicking noise and the power button on the mobo doesn't stop it i have to flip the switch on the psu. i really would hate if the psu is DOA but i know it happens just why does it have to be to me?

I would say RMA

also @Faa you need a picture if you dont have one pm me ill make you one 4 free

What about you pay me for making a pic for me?

So the PSU makes a ticking noise even when your system is powered down? If yes, rma your psu.

What is RMA? i assume its return to the manufacturer or something but don't know about the acronym. 

What about you pay me for making a pic for me?

that doesnt make sense to me

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What is RMA? i assume its return to the manufacturer or something but don't know about the acronym. 

Returning it to your shop. You can't fix PSU noise though. Which one did you buy btw?

Returning it to your shop. You can't fix PSU noise though. Which one did you buy btw?

It's a 1200w nzxt hale90 v2

Ticking is usually caused by the fan

Personally I would just file RMA

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

so i fixed my problem. it turned out i was using a 6 plus 2 connector instead of 4 plus 4 connector for the cpu. i feel like such a retard

so i fixed my problem. it turned out i was using a 6 plus 2 connector instead of 4 plus 4 connector for the cpu. i feel like such a retard

at least now works fine yes?

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

at least now works fine yes?

seems to be great:)

seems to be great:)

Good :D

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet