Xonar U7 vs Sound Blaster omni Surround 5.1

Khêll

Hey Guys, 

As my laptops built-in soundcard is shit and i got a lot of complaints from my friends when on Teamspeak and Skype because of echos (even with headphones and mic), i decided to buy a usb soundcard.

Now i am indecisive between the Asus Xonar U7 and the Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 and hoped you guys could help me with this decision. I don't really care about the remote control as it will be used only for gaming and teamspeak etc so it will be right in front of me. 

Thanks for your help!

Linus always recommends Xonar over Creative any day.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Xonar no question.

If you're looking for a sound card recommendation, my general recommendation is some kind of Xonar card. If you're looking for a spesific recommendation, I would take this one (Xonar Essence STX), personally.

- Linus Sebastian 2012

Video Link: Skip to 7:00

Thank you for your answers.

Xonar no question.

- Linus Sebastian 2012

Video Link: Skip to 7:00

As i have a laptop, my only option would be usb so this card is out of the question.

I will get the xonar u7 then,

thanks guys

Thank you for your answers.

As i have a laptop, my only option would be usb so this card is out of the question.

I will get the xonar u7 then,

thanks guys

Whoa whoa whoa hold on. Both of those solutions are terrible. First, what headphones and mic are you using? If it's a usb headset then it's not the onboard that's bad. A better alternative for the sound would be the syba dac/amp. They can be found on ebay and might be under a different brand since it's a rebranded design. 

Whoa whoa whoa hold on. Both of those solutions are terrible. First, what headphones and mic are you using? If it's a usb headset then it's not the onboard that's bad. A better alternative for the sound would be the syba dac/amp. They can be found on ebay and might be under a different brand since it's a rebranded design. 

I have the Bayerdynamics custom one pro and the custom one pro mic. they are not usb devices. and i borrowed my brothers usb soundcard, one that came with his bayerdynamic headset and all the problems were gone.

What does the syba dac/amp offer me more than the xonar u7? 

Hey Guys, 

As my laptops built-in soundcard is shit and i got a lot of complaints from my friends when on Teamspeak and Skype because of echos (even with headphones and mic), i decided to buy a usb soundcard.

Now i am indecisive between the Asus Xonar U7 and the Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 and hoped you guys could help me with this decision. I don't really care about the remote control as it will be used only for gaming and teamspeak etc so it will be right in front of me. 

Thanks for your help!

I used Asus Xonar U7 for 6 months,it was amazing at first with dhtv4 after a while music started to sound so flat(artificial) so i upgraded to schiit modi DAC with fiio e11 amp and the difference was absolutely mindblowing,sound quality is so natural with wider soundstage feels like i am in a concert.So if you own a powered speaker and headphone i suggest you buy a DAC.My U7 is in a corner unused for months.

I have the Bayerdynamics custom one pro and the custom one pro mic. they are not usb devices. and i borrowed my brothers usb soundcard, one that came with his bayerdynamic headset and all the problems were gone.

What does the syba dac/amp offer me more than the xonar u7?

Asus doesn't know audio. I haven't used the u7 before but I bet it's going to be staticy like the u3 I used to have and it cost more. I'd toy want to spend more get a FiiO E10k or a monoprice dac/amp.