Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Cortana is not in this build. The speech recognition is the same one in Vista,

any rumors that will they add this feature later?

any rumors that will they add this feature later?

Nope. All we have is that a new build is "coming soon".

Rumors said: Oct 7... but as you can see we are 7 days past that.

I got it up and running in virtual box, took a few tries to do it. Seems like they are one the right path with the lay out of it.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Have you guys had any wifi problem or anything like that?

Thinking of installing on my laptop to see how its going etc.

Only use chrome nowa days and VLC. :)

how good that startmenu search?

hope you guys remove the music and video player metro app complete bullshit no use.

your right there

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

your right there

I have an intel wireless card and it worked fine with no configuration on my end.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

your right there

WiFi hardware for Laptops cvary so much it's a crapchoot when installing a new OS. But since 10 and 7/8 are almost the same, drivers should work accross the board unless the drivers check for windiws "7" or "8" and softblock install because you have "10".

Start Menu search is about as good as it was on 7 and 8. I notice it shows files though. Hopefully that will have an option to turn it off.

Wait, is there a new build?

i think no as windows update is not showing any new updates.

btw running 9841

It took me 2 hours to download the ISO :( But now I have it running in VirtualBox, and liking it so far. The multiple desktops and corner snapping features are things I've wanted in windows since 7, so I'm happy to have those. I did encounter one bug(may not be a bug, not sure) but my @ and " keys are switched. 2 and ' work fine, they just switch the special characters

Told it not to import my settings from my account. Did it anyway. Dicks. 

Anyway so far not way to buggy. Other than the AMD HDMI underscan issue I had with no CCC It's been smooth so far. 

Fix for that 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/225973-windows-10-technical-preview-amd-hdmi-underscan-fix/

Gotta say, I'm loving the multi desktop feature. Bound it to the side button of my mouse like I do with mac/linux. 

If you click a window from the other desktop in the task bar, it switches you to that desktop. Neeto. 

Might make this my main setup at some point. Makes having all of my music, dev windwos, and internet browsing separate, and easy to navigate. 

There's a multi monitor feature that makes your mouse stick towards the edge of the screen a bit, and you cant cross in the corners. Not sure how I feel. Im sure a lot will love it, as everyone complains about closing windows on your left screen being hard, but I've never had that issue.

It imported my settings too, even when I said no. Right when I was showing my partner the preview, it flashed, and everything changed to how my laptop is. Kind of annoying, but handy I guess.

It took me 2 hours to download the ISO :( But now I have it running in VirtualBox, and liking it so far. The multiple desktops and corner snapping features are things I've wanted in windows since 7, so I'm happy to have those. I did encounter one bug(may not be a bug, not sure) but my @ and " keys are switched. 2 and ' work fine, they just switch the special characters

choose your keyboard layout it will work

It imported my settings too, even when I said no. Right when I was showing my partner the preview, it flashed, and everything changed to how my laptop is. Kind of annoying, but handy I guess.

Are you signing in with an "email" account? That's a function of that.

choose your keyboard layout it will work

ah right. Might be the wrong layout. I'm never sure which to use, EN US or UK. I know I use UK for language

Are you signing in with an "email" account? That's a function of that.

yea, I signed in with my MS account, but it asked me if I wanted to import settings, I chose no, 10 minutes later after sitting at the desktop, it imported them anyway

yea, I signed in with my MS account, but it asked me if I wanted to import settings, I chose no, 10 minutes later after sitting at the desktop, it imported them anyway

You wanted to import the settings, you just didn't know it yet.

SO microsoft dished out some updates to windows 10 it made my sound card worked.

hoping they will come with fixing of my usb card too.

Anyone else had display signal go black almost immediately after wake up? Had this happen twice so far (full time use, so still rare) and can't figure out where the problem originates. It seems as though the graphics card stops receiving a signal entirely. See below for hardware.

P.S. this is still the first real problem I've had so far, which to me is impressive.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

Anyone else had display signal go black almost immediately after wake up? Had this happen twice so far (full time use, so still rare) and can't figure out where the problem originates. It seems as though the graphics card stops receiving a signal entirely. See below for hardware.

P.S. this is still the first real problem I've had so far, which to me is impressive.

are you using nvidia and HDMI?

Does cycling through Windows+P help eventually? Recconencting? Do you have the option of using DVI?

sounds more like a GPU driver issue,

also agree about the stability. It's been rock solid for me both on desktop and gaming use.

are you using nvidia and HDMI?

I'm using an AMD R9 290 DVI out to an ASUS VW246H 1080p monitor.

Does cycling through Windows+P help eventually? Recconencting? Do you have the option of using DVI?

Haven't tried cycling through Windows+P but I am using DVI and reconnecting the monitor even turning it off for a minute doesn't seem to do anything.

sounds more like a GPU driver issue,

also agree about the stability. It's been rock solid for me both on desktop and gaming use.

I agree that it's likely a driver issue, since there aren't any beta drivers for Windows 10, so I'm stuck using Windows 8.1 drivers for now. It seems like maybe Windows 10 has a line built into the startup code that conflicts with the AMD driver. It's only happened twice, so I can't confirm that this is the extent of the problem but it is possible.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

I'm using an AMD R9 290 DVI out to an ASUS VW246H 1080p monitor.

Haven't tried cycling through Windows+P but I am using DVI and reconnecting the monitor even turning it off for a minute doesn't seem to do anything.

I agree that it's likely a driver issue, since there aren't any beta drivers for Windows 10, so I'm stuck using Windows 8.1 drivers for now. It seems like maybe Windows 10 has a line built into the startup code that conflicts with the AMD driver. It's only happened twice, so I can't confirm that this is the extent of the problem but it is possible.

Windows+P Changes which displays it goes to. It might force it to force recheck for a display.

Windows+P Changes which displays it goes to. It might force it to force recheck for a display.

If the problem occurs again I'll try it. It is a strange problem though, as the display doesn't lose the signal it just goes black.