Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

yes went there and signed up and now i have windows update asking to install it. i didn't want install it on my main computer.

yes went there and signed up and now i have windows update asking to install it. i didn't want install it on my main computer.

Hide the update.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I don't know if was mentioned here, but from personal experience, when I burned the image to a disk it gave me en error when I tried to run it about DLLs being missing or something. Just mount the ISO inside Windows and run it and it should work fine all the way until the end. I used Daemon Tools and I don't know if it kept using the virtual drive throughout the entire thing or switched to the burned disc I had in the DVD drive as backup.

bqsS7Hj.png

so  i found whats wrong any of my pci cards isnt working even 4 port usb card and sound card.

anyone knows a fix.

so  i found whats wrong any of my pci cards isnt working even 4 port usb card and sound card.

anyone knows a fix.

That seems like Windows is seeing your motherboard as incompatible. Did you do a clean install or update? Have you downloaded all the drivers/tried to update the devices showing up as not working by having it search your computer starting in the folder you stored all the drivers? This has worked best for me when devices stop functioning properly. Windows probably knows how it wants drivers installed better than a setup executable that was intended for Windows 8/8.1.

Edit: The same goes for USB hubs and expansion PCI cards.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

I don't know if this is a thread simply about the problems people are having with Windows 10 so far, but I wanted to at least share that my experience testing it has been overwhelmingly positive.

The footprint on my old 60 GB SSD is fantastically small compared to 7 SP1 or 8.1. Since I have Steam installed on my data HDD all of my games run perfectly without anything more than a cache verification. All the drivers for my hardware has worked perfectly, software is essentially the same story. The ability to create multiple desktops is a dream come true (as it was many years ago on Ubuntu lol) for me, the START MENU IS BACK and the search functionality is fine at least. I've been going a little less than a week now and I've had now startup fails, no crashes in ANY program or game, no driver issues (unfortunately I know this is not the case for everyone), all the negatives of 8/8.1 have pretty much been dealt with, and I can't wait to install it on my primary SSD for full time use.

Anyone else just not having problems?

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

I don't know if this is a thread simply about the problems people are having with Windows 10 so far, but I wanted to at least share that my experience testing it has been overwhelmingly positive.

The footprint on my old 60 GB SSD is fantastically small compared to 7 SP1 or 8.1. Since I have Steam installed on my data HDD all of my games run perfectly without anything more than a cache verification. All the drivers for my hardware has worked perfectly, software is essentially the same story. The ability to create multiple desktops is a dream come true (as it was many years ago on Ubuntu lol) for me, the START MENU IS BACK and the search functionality is fine at least. I've been going a little less than a week now and I've had now startup fails, no crashes in ANY program or game, no driver issues (unfortunately I know this is not the case for everyone), all the negatives of 8/8.1 have pretty much been dealt with, and I can't wait to install it on my primary SSD for full time use.

I had to reinstall my GPU drivers and for the 5 seconds it took me to change it, I had a "Home" link instead of "This PC" link on my start menu.

"Remove From List" on the recent applications on the Start Menu seems no to permanately remove it from possibly being there but rather removes it immediately and resets it's stats in the formula and can re-appear in the recent applications list.

Start Menu built-in search shows fileneames that match my search and so far I can't find a way to turn that off.

I can't seem to get "This PC" Pinned to my Taskbar.

Start Menu searching is still a bit slow. Didn't use 7 enough to know if it was slow back then too.

It's too easy to accidentally trigger windows snapping when you just want to stretch one border to the edge.

Start Menu doesn't remember it's height between displays and I have to resize it when I get home since my laptop display is smaller.

PS: That list went from sarcastic, to semi-serious problems to nitpicking.

My experience on my laptop was relatively smooth, but I did have an issue with google hangouts. When it was minimized, it didn't dissappear behind the task bar like it's supposed to and you could see a white outline where the box would be. This, coupled with the data logging stuff that microsoft was doing are ultimately why I went back to 8.1. That being said, I can't wait for the consumer preview and full release. There was a lot of good stuff there.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

That seems like Windows is seeing your motherboard as incompatible. Did you do a clean install or update? Have you downloaded all the drivers/tried to update the devices showing up as not working by having it search your computer starting in the folder you stored all the drivers? This has worked best for me when devices stop functioning properly. Windows probably knows how it wants drivers installed better than a setup executable that was intended for Windows 8/8.1.

Edit: The same goes for USB hubs and expansion PCI cards.

i have done a clean install on a spare hdd.

all devices were working fine on win 8.1.

i have tried to install drivers manually see my earlier post.

Did you try removing all of them and rebooting?

have tried this also

I had to reinstall my GPU drivers and for the 5 seconds it took me to change it, I had a "Home" link instead of "This PC" link on my start menu.

"Remove From List" on the recent applications on the Start Menu seems no to permanately remove it from possibly being there but rather removes it immediately and resets it's stats in the formula and can re-appear in the recent applications list.

Start Menu built-in search shows fileneames that match my search and so far I can't find a way to turn that off.

Start Menu searching is still a bit slow. Didn't use 7 enough to know if it was slow back then too.

It's too easy to accidentally trigger windows snapping when you just want to stretch one border to the edge.

Start Menu doesn't remember it's height between displays and I have to resize it when I get home since my laptop display is smaller.

PS: That list went from sarcastic, to semi-serious problems to nitpicking.

Ha! I was hoping someone would respond like this. I must admit to being less susceptible to the kinds of problems you have listed, since I was rocketdock for all my go-to applications and files and settings, and I got very good at keyboard shortcuts because Windows 8 made me. I like the nitpicking though, I hope you're sending all this feedback to Microsoft. I have hope for Windows 10 primarily because they seem to care what actual users think this time around, as opposed to the brazenly unconditional approach they had to Windows 8 UI elements and functionality.

Ha! I was hoping someone would respond like this. I must admit to being less susceptible to the kinds of problems you have listed, since I was rocketdock for all my go-to applications and files and settings, and I got very good at keyboard shortcuts because Windows 8 made me. I like the nitpicking though, I hope you're sending all this feedback to Microsoft. I have hope for Windows 10 primarily because they seem to care what actual users think this time around, as opposed to the brazenly unconditional approach they had to Windows 8 UI elements and functionality.

Every time I see a problem I report it to the Feedback.

v2JNsBy.jpg

i was able to pin it see

v2JNsBy.jpg

i was able to pin it see

Made a shortcut on my desktop of the This PC icon on the Start Menu, then dragged that to the bar and it worked. Thanks.

So here are my impressions after one week.

the new minimalistic design is good and new theme is minimal and good.

computer is same smooth as 8.1.

all application that worked in 8.1 works fine.

my favourite part of vista and seven the gadgets are now back but in form of start menu apps no need to open that horrible start like in 8.1.

multi desktops are good but can be improved like amd hydravision hotkey desktop toggling.

the new home is good for people like me who open same folder or file frequently.

games are working fine no lag or artifacts considering that it is a preview build.

search is a bit slow compared to 8.1 i felt.

hope you guys remove the music and video player metro app complete bullshit no use.

havent tested voice detection yet any one does plz tell me how it works.

i wish folders should show its size when in details view have to hover cursor on them to view thier size (back from win 2000 this thing never changed).

only my pci cards are not working wish they fix that in thefinal build.

:( its taking such a loooong time (2days is what chrome is quoting)

Use IDM for all your downloads.

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

Cortana is not in this build. The speech recognition is the same one in Vista,

Use IDM for all your downloads.

IDM?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

He means Internet Download Manager

If you have Firefox, check out: DownThemAll, a featured add-on. Very good.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/?src=search

is there a chrome alternative?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Don't know. I don't use Chrome, and never will, until they change their license terms and changes its rendering engine to not kill mobile device battery life.

No. From what I've seen download managers are non-existent on Chrome.

I'm considering putting in on my 20th anniversary Pentium build just to give it a try.