Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Do you guys know how to clean recent files and frequent folders history?

In Ccleaner, check "user Assist History" when you do your system clean.

I am away, I don't know if Windows Disk cleaner has an option to clean this.

Guess I'll follow the topic too. What builds are you on? I don't have access to mine for a few days, so I'm on 9841.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I am on build 9841 as well, did not know there was a new build out.

So this just happened....

I'm on 7 Home Premium. I am running the preview on VMware. You think I should update? The one on VM seems to be running fine. Why would MS push this as an update?

Also, I miss this on the start menu:

And for those who want to download the ISOs, here are clean torrents :)

Removed

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-delivering-windows-10-windows-update-windows-7-users

And I thought anyone can get the Technical preview on their PC for no cost?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

And I thought anyone can get the Technical preview on their PC for no cost?

You can, just have to sign up to be an insider, which requires a Microsoft account, and being 18+ years of age.

Also, current build is still 9841, however, an update did just drop for me, though it was just definitions for Defender.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

You can, just have to sign up to be an insider, which requires a Microsoft account, and being 18+ years of age.

Also, current build is still 9841, however, an update did just drop for me, though it was just definitions for Defender.

I know, I was just dropping in to a discussion about what seemed like piracy regarding ISOs of the system.

Or did I misread something? I didn't bother checking previous pages :D .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've been using this as my primary rig's OS and it works perfectly. :D

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

Has anyone has any success connecting windows 10 to a windows home server 2011. It would be nice if it still worked as I do prefer it to just using a desktop os for smb shares

The Cake is a Lie...

Running mine on an external thunderbolt drive connected to my Retina Macbook Pro.  

Is that like some sort of sacrilege? 

Running mine on an external thunderbolt drive connected to my Retina Macbook Pro.  

Is that like some sort of sacrilege? 

Thunderbolt is Intel innovation. MacBook Pro is a PC running MacOS.

I am fun at parties.

Anybody figure out how to disable searching for Files when you press Start and start typing? I hate it when "personal" files start popping up when I want to launch a program.

Google results point to "Start Menu Customization" dialogue from 7 or 8 that includes that option, but Windows Technical Preview lacks that option.

I'm currently restarting to see if a Registry entry of NoSearchFilesInStartMenu will help.

Edit: Didn't seem to work.

Anybody figure out how to disable searching for Files when you press Start and start typing? I hate it when "personal" files start popping up when I want to launch a program.

Google results point to "Start Menu Customization" dialogue from 7 or 8 that includes that option, but Windows Technical Preview lacks that option.

I'm currently restarting to see if a Registry entry of NoSearchFilesInStartMenu will help.

Edit: Didn't seem to work.

Program name should pop-up first in the list.

Hitting Enter will pick the first item listed.

Program name should pop-up first in the list.

Hitting Enter will pick the first item listed.

"First" just means it's at the top. Doesn't do anything for the fact that filenames are still searched for and displayed.

"First" just means it's at the top.

It means it is the default. For example:

If you search for: firefox, the first item will be Firefox, and if you hit Enter, Firefox will open, not something else (Assuming you have Firefox installed)

It means it is the default. For example:

If you search for: firefox, the first item will be Firefox, and if you hit Enter, Firefox will open, not something else (Assuming you have Firefox installed)

If you type in "firefox" firefox.jpeg, firefox.7z, and firefox_x_chrome_doki_doki.zip will show up. It's not about what happens when I press Enter, it's about what displays on my screen in public.

I installed windows 10 alongside 8.1 a few days ago and its been brilliant for me the only thing I dont like is when file explorer is opened it goes to Home, personally I would prefer it to go to This PC like 8.1. I do hope they change the startup screen to make it different to 8 because I like being able to tell what OS I'm booting when I for example fix someone else's PC

it wont work in a vm for me. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I installed windows 10 alongside 8.1 a few days ago and its been brilliant for me the only thing I dont like is when file explorer is opened it goes to Home, personally I would prefer it to go to This PC like 8.1. I do hope they change the startup screen to make it different to 8 because I like being able to tell what OS I'm booting when I for example fix someone else's PC

Home didn't replace This PC. You can still use This PC.

it wont work in a vm for me. 

Can you be more specific? Some VM's work with 32-bit versions only.

Also, if you have Windows 8 Pro, you have Hyper-V, use that instead.

Home didn't replace This PC. You can still use This PC.

I know It didn't replace it but I want it to come up with This PC by default because If I need a file I'll go get it from a location in This PC and don't really like it suggesting to me what I want.

Can you be more specific? Some VM's work with 32-bit versions only.

Also, if you have Windows 8 Pro, you have Hyper-V, use that instead.

how would i use hyper-v in 8.1?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I know It didn't replace it but I want it to come up with This PC by default because If I need a file I'll go get it from a location in This PC and don't really like it suggesting to me what I want.

Where would you like the link to "This PC"?