CPU fan error

Latislapaloie
Go to solution Solved by Rorgash,

put it on ignore, it warns because the stock fan would be doing 1000+ on lowest, any after market cooler running on silent mode or just running slow because there is no heat will cause warnings :) but as i said, set it to ignore in bios and it wont bother you again

I bought and installed a Coolermaster hyper 212 and when i turned on my pc it gave an error that said "cpu fan error warning" or something like that and press f1 to enter bios to look at it, and in my bios my cpu fan was in red writing and the RMP was like 400-450??! i couldn't find anywhere to up the fan speed it says its at 600rpm in advanced bios, the fan is plugged into cpu_fan should it be in cpu_opt instead?

i5 3570k

ASUS p8 z77 v-pro motherboard

coolermaster hyper 212 evo

my ilde temps are 30-40 when i managed to get into desktop

The fan is spinning lower than the pre-defined minimum speed set in the BIOS. This can be changed to a lower setting so this message won't appear anymore.

but i'm pretty sure i set it to 600rmp for minimum but its still at 450

put it on ignore, it warns because the stock fan would be doing 1000+ on lowest, any after market cooler running on silent mode or just running slow because there is no heat will cause warnings :) but as i said, set it to ignore in bios and it wont bother you again

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

but i'm pretty sure i set it to 600rmp for minimum but its still at 450

That setting is for the minimum acceptable setting. It will not actually change the fan speed. Set it to a lower value or "ignore" as mentioned above.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

CPU_OPT is for cpu fan option. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

That setting is for the minimum acceptable setting. It will not actually change the fan speed. Set it to a lower value or "ignore" as mentioned above.

ahh yes thank you so much! i set it to ignore and the message is gone