Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

I find it interesting that MS is actually allowing direct upgrades (without requiring a clean install) from 7 to 10. They didn't even allow XP to upgrade to 7 or Vista to 8/8.1.

So much for windows 10 being called windows 10

acd224cbd7474a9a283dcef407308145.png

That's actually hilarious. Did you upgrade from 8.1?

Well I finally got to install in Oracle VM VirtualBox . . . . . Limited amount of resolution options, highest I can get is 1600x1200, despite having a 1680x1050 screen.

Main post should be updated with these, digging through pages of looking for direct links. @GoodBytes

Main post should be updated with these, digging through pages of looking for direct links. @GoodBytes

You need to be part of the insider program. So I offer the correct link, as you need to register your Microsoft account to it, before downloading it.

Once you register, you'll have all the ISO links in front of you.

You need to be part of the insider program. So I offer the correct link, as you need to register your Microsoft account to it, before downloading it.

Once you register, you'll have all the ISO links in front of you.

I only provided the links since the user couldn't access the page to download the ISO. Like GoodBytes said you will need your Microsoft account to use it anyway.

Apparently @Barnacules was working on Windows 10 prior to getting laid off - https://twitter.com/Barnacules/status/517437847318446080

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I am surprised he didn't reapply at Microsoft. SDT (Software Developer in Test) role is gone. It's merged as SD (software developers)

Like he mentioned in his video about the lay off, he though that it was a good time to try to live off being his own boss and if that didn't turn out well he would look for another job.

I am surprised he didn't reapply at Microsoft. SDT (Software Developer in Test) role is gone. It's merged as SD (software developers)

Yea that is pretty interesting, I didnt know all they did was combine QA and SD's. I would have reapplied, but I guess if he really wants to go all out on YT then more power to him. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It should be free for XP users :(

I did hear somewhere that they were going to do something for XP or Vista i cant remember which but watch the space man!!

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

I did hear somewhere that they were going to do something for XP or Vista i cant remember which but watch the space man!!

I highly doubt anything will be done, beside a deep discount for the first couple of months after release.

Anyone noticed the "Trending now" section under search?

Is this where Windows is heading?

Two revolutionary dance tones

Anyone noticed the "Trending now" section under search?

Is this where Windows is heading?

I believe it is Bing in actiion. If you use Bing search you have this.

Have you tried allocating more RAM and CPU cores to the VM?

I'm already giving it 2.5GB. I only have 8GB altogether. I really want to upgrade my RAM, but I don't have the money and my cooler block one of the slots.

I only provided the links since the user couldn't access the page to download the ISO. Like GoodBytes said you will need your Microsoft account to use it anyway.

What in specific do you need Microsoft account for to use windows 10? This is a genuine question btw, I may be being a bit special but I can't think of what.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

At 50% on my side, it installed the GPU drivers on my desktop. So probably that is the problem under the VM that you guys are using. Use a different VMN.

Try Virtual Box, or Hyper-V (Windows 8 Pro) or Virtual PC (Windows 7 Pro)

Running Windows 10 natively on a spare hard drive. It's a pretty darn good OS from I can tell, and this is only the beta. Microsoft did extremely well this time around. 

COMIC SANS

I believe it is Bing in actiion. If you use Bing search you have this.

The thing is that it seems like you can't disable it. Nor you can remove the search app from the taskbar.

I think these silly apps should not be installed in desktop environment in the first place.

Two revolutionary dance tones

not sure if posted but found this interesting. 

p7eQQK3.png

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/p7eQQK3

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

At 50% on my side, it installed the GPU drivers on my desktop. So probably that is the problem under the VM that you guys are using. Use a different VMN.

Try Virtual Box, or Hyper-V (Windows 8 Pro) or Virtual PC (Windows 7 Pro)

Ugh. I really regret my impatience when I tried to get Windows 8.1 for my desktop now. Then again, if MS hadn't made things so damn confusing... -_-

What in specific do you need Microsoft account for to use windows 10? This is a genuine question btw, I may be being a bit special but I can't think of what.

You can't use Windows Feedback without a Microsoft account meaning that you can read or give feedback on the OS which is the main point of the Technical Preview really. Also according to some in this thread and from what I can remember there was no option to skip the login with the Microsoft account during the installation. Not sure if there was a way to skip it and whether you would be able to continue if your account wasn't in the Insider program.