Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

If you use Windows 8, try with Hyper-V

You need Pro for that. :/ (in before "y u no pirate?")

Always.

unless you or on a Mac and have develop options enabled in Safari so you can make Safari use a Windows Google Chrome user agent.  :P

I sure hope this is just a temporary thing for the developer preview.

There is no "I don't want a Microsoft Account" button.

post-216-0-45161800-1412183895_thumb.png

Edit: Never mind. If you press "Create a new account" it gives you the option to sign in without one.

Thank God for that.

Modern UI apps are still there.

Watch the event video:

It also shows the new features of Windows 10.

OK thanks. I just found it metro UI.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

You need Pro for that. :/ (in before "y u no pirate?")

Woop, I have pro. Knew it would come in handy some day!

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

is there no more metro UI in windows 10?

They are basically blending the Modern and Desktop together inside of the desktop environment. Although they will have something like Modern UI when you use Windows 10 on a touchscreen. I believe they called it Continuum.

attachicon.gifThis is shit.jpg

Maybe you can try the Enterprise ISO. (I don't know, just a guess).

This is shit.png

It is the same account as the one used to download the ISO from Microsoft. It is also the same account as Windows/Xbox Live

Woop, I have pro. Knew it would come in handy some day!

My school has a Dreamspark subscription, but as far as I can tell, only students in specific courses get access. Not even majors, courses.

good thing the install isn't a bugged, also i find it ridicules that microsoft skipped spanish on the preview, its the second most talked language in the planet ffs, much bigger that portuguese ¬_¬

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

There was no option like that in Windows 8(.1) either, although i have an hotmail account, it's mostly for getting sent e-mails from my other accounts (as a last resort if I missed/deleted an email).

My school has a Dreamspark subscription, but as far as I can tell, only students in specific courses get access. Not even majors, courses.

That's mean! D:  

(Got mine from Dreamspark)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Classic shell works very well on windows 10.

why would you do that? the start menu is back and metro isn't present atm in the preview, and when it does it will be off by default if you use a KBM

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The account thing is another "mobile first" consequence. It is annoying, especially since you can't add accounts in the control panel (at least in 8.1). We all have MS accounts already though.

Alright... tried twice with VMware workstation 10, both times it completely froze on "Getting Devices Ready 50%".
So I'm giving up. Not worth the hassle.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

yay its working bye windows 7 you faithful doge aw still on dx11 trying out some games now

d9548d52bdfd4f616db5e27aba0a9181.png

Steve

why would you do that? the start menu is back and metro isn't present atm in the preview, and we it does it will be off by default if you use a KBM

Because I wanted to see if it would work or not.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

That's mean! D:  

(Got mine from Dreamspark)

Indeed. Honestly, I haven't asked about it, but nothing on the school website even hints at the fact that they have a subscription. It only shows up in Google.

Indeed. Honestly, I haven't asked about it, but nothing on the school website even hints at the fact that they have a subscription. It only shows up in Google.

Weird

We had to get the link somehow, but usually just ask a teacher or older student. Then we only had to register with our school email and we had full access

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

Weird

We had to get the link somehow, but usually just ask a teacher or older student. Then we only had to register with our school email and we had full access

Same here. I got it since I'm on an IT course and I had to do the same to get my account.

Would there be any issues with this config: 

1 ssd for windows 7 

1 ssd for windows 10 

1 hdd for games/other stuff

with the hdd working with both the windows 7 ssd and windows 10 ssd. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Would there be any issues with this config: 

1 ssd for windows 7 

1 ssd for windows 10 

1 hdd for games/other stuff

with the hdd working with both the windows 7 ssd and windows 10 ssd. 

Nope this would work.