Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

Its done!!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Currently installing... lets see how well it runs in a VM.. if it runs like sh*t, like Windows 8 preview did, I guess I could try installing it on my second SSD...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Free for W8 users.

$30 for W7 users.

Dude aren't you dead.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

DONE!!!

97d361630a.jpg

It even synced my settings :o

Give me your feedback, I'm downloading it right now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I agree, it is like 8.1 isn't it.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

I got a error.

Report that shit, right now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

can it run from usb? like ubuntu

No. But you can install it on an SSD or HDD, and that drive can be transported to any PC, and Windows will take care of everything. It won't BSOD like it did with Windows 7 and bellow. You can look into Windows 2 Go, which is a feature in Windows 8 Enterprise. I am not sure if you need to get Windows 10 Enterprise ISO for it, or if the feature is still available.

@cesrai

So far it seems pretty much like 8.1 with a different look. Steam and Chrome installed no problem. VMTools did as well which is good news :)

349f7428fc.jpg

pls tell me how does google chrome look like that? why is site black, how can i do that?

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

@cesrai

So far it seems pretty much like 8.1 with a different look. Steam and Chrome installed no problem. VMTools did as well which is good news :)

349f7428fc.jpg

Is that the multidesktop feature, how do you use that? Can I make side by side? or Each desktop on one monitor?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

pls tell me how does google chrome look like that? why is site black, how can i do that?

Wait a minute I'm looking for the guide, it's called the dark theme.

Here you go http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

@mate_mate91

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Damn you have to be on a windows pc to even download it? Won't let me download it from my centos workstation.

It's the night forum theme :P Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and in bottom left there will be 'Change Theme' then chose 'Night Theme'.

Damn you have to be on a windows pc to even download it? Won't let me download it from my centos workstation.

Always.

Alright.... In my case the install just froze at 50%... Stayed there for the past 10 minutes so I guess it's safe to assume it really froze there.

153ac00.jpg

will reboot the VM, hopefully it won't screw up anything...

Aaaand black screen. Rebooted again "your pc didn't shut down properly.. ... .." Are you kidding me right now... I know it's a preview... but god damn I'm getting annoyed here. Pressing enter finishes the boot process, black screen once more... I see the mouse cursor though.. just.. everything is black...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Here's one of two errors I get:

post-8467-0-22584000-1412182601_thumb.pn

The other:

Your PC needs to restart.

Please hold down the power button.

Error Code 0x0000005D

Parameters:

0x0000000078bfbff

0x000000028100800

0x000000000000001

0x000000000000000

So much for trying a virtual machine of it.

Is that the multidesktop feature, how do you use that? Can I make side by side? or Each desktop on one monitor?

Keep in mind that my Technical preview is running in a window (VMWare) inside of my current OS (8.1). As for the Multidesktop feature you use the button in the taskbar to go between desktops, add more and remove them. As for the Snap feature you can still snap left and right to get the 2 windows take half of the screen each OR you can snap to any of 4 corners of the monitor to get the window to become 1/4 of the monitor in the corner you snap it to. Effectively allowing you to have 4 windows visible at once and having each take exactly 1/4 of the screen.

@dlf Try VMWare instead: LINK

Here's one of two errors I get:

Maybe try VMware player that's what I used and it work really well.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Classic shell works very well on windows 10.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

is there no more metro UI in windows 10?

Torrents by user MSMG from mydigitallife forums

Made a Torrent Link from direct HTTP links for Slow Network.

WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso
http://burnbit.com/torrent/312258/WindowsTechnicalPreview_x64_EN_US_iso

WindowsTechnicalPreview-x86-EN-US.iso
http://burnbit.com/torrent/312260/WindowsTechnicalPreview_x86_EN_US_iso

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS