Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

will it be free if not how much

Preview build are free.

Windows 10 has no pricing information revealed.

It should be free for XP users :(

It is free. As you'll need to buy a new computer to have the specs needed to run Win 10, let alone Win7.

@GoodBytes The Insider website is already up and you can register with your Microsoft account LINK then you will get a new link that directs to the download page which is THIS (currenty unavaliable obviously). You should add this to the OP so others can register now as well :)

Download seems to have become available.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

@GoodBytes The Insider website is already up and you can register with your Microsoft account LINK then you will get a new link that directs to the download page which is THIS (currenty unavaliable obviously). You should add this to the OP so others can register now as well :)

Thanks! Just registered.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The download for the technical preview works.

But it's erroring. Tells me that I don't meet the system requirements or my language isn't available.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Downloading it now. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

So far so good :)

If the server craps out but I manage to download it I will figure a way out to upload it somewhere else so you guys can get it :P Not sure if I'm allowed to do that though...

Well the iso is smaller that I though it would be, probably because there's lots of things to be added, now I need to find a hotspot so I can download through my phone the iso's

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

downloading right now, i hope it would be stable enough for daily use :P

I'm downloading it to my dedi and will get a torrent going.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Downloading now, does anyone know if you can install it on a non-activated version of Windows?

EDIT: For the reason that apparently you can only install over an existing install and not create a brand new one, so I want to just install Win 7 real quick on my secondary drive and install Win 10 over it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I think it will be stable as the Windows 8 Customer preview was. The problem with customer preview for me was that it won't allow play on Punkbuster servers, battlefield wasn't working so I stop using it.

I hope it will work in this Technical Preview, as I'm giving big hope this OS.

What are the minimum requirements for Windows 10? I want to install it on a 5 year old laptop.

NEVERMIND I found it

System requirements

Basically, if your PC can run Windows 8.1, you’re good to go. If you're not sure, don't worry—Windows will check your system to make sure it can install the preview.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Free hard disk space: 16 GB

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

A Microsoft account and Internet access

Thanks. I'll do this in a moment... I am at a carer fair

Downloading going to run it on a VM :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

They did an nvidia on us

At least nvidia had the 800-series. Was just laptop only.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Mines going too, faster than I thought their servers would manage on first release!

2d97o6d.png

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Mines going too, faster than I thought their servers would manage on first release!

2d97o6d.png

lucky im running 4mb/s but thats normal :P

Steve

I lolled at this step.

• Click one of the Download links on this page to download a special file—it's called an ISO file—that you can use to install the preview.

Oh an ISO never heard of that. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Interested in Business and Technology