Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

I tried to install it on VirtualBox but failed 

VT-X hardware acceleration not available 

looks like windows 8, 8.1 and 10 needs VT-X hardware accelerator which i don't have

It is your virtual machine that needs VT-X not Windows.

Check you BIOS/UEFI trhat you have VT-x/Virtualization enabled

Sadly MSI Afterburner crashes my start menu when starting to type. Otherwise, a stable and pretty snappy OS for me. Of course I have everything backed up.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Can you unpin the Search button next to the Start Menu? The different desktop feature looks interesting, but as Logan mentioned it'd be nice if you couldn't see active programs from desktop X when looking at desktop Y (see the Chrome tabs).

That's why LINUX exists :) You can do anything and everything same time :)

It's completely free and you are completely free in that system :)

ALL you must do is choose right distribution for yua :)

then you too can spend a week trying to get the thing to work with [insert hardware here] only to find that half the best games arent supported neither is the best software and that you will need to use the terminal to do the most basic of tasks because there is no gui for it.

as good as linux is for servers it sucks ass as a desktop

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Can you unpin the Search button next to the Start Menu?

Currently, no.

But, post it as a feedback so that it is considered. If you have supporters or you see an entry on it, vote on it, to increase its consideration value to Microsoft.

"The Best Windows Yet" don't they say that about every windows?

Note the word "yet". Gives them an out for next years version

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It is your virtual machine that needs VT-X not Windows.

Check you BIOS/UEFI trhat you have VT-x/Virtualization enabled

Not sure if windows needs vt-x or not .But i ran Linux distros on VirtualBox before only windows asks for vt-x

But Both Processor and motherboard should support VT-X 

My processor does not support virtualization

and there is no settings on the BIOS to enable virtualization 

Not sure if windows needs vt-x or not .But i ran Linux distros on VirtualBox before only windows asks for vt-x

But Both Processor and motherboard should support VT-X 

My processor does not support virtualization

and there is no settings on the BIOS to enable virtualization 

You need VT-x if you want to run a 64-bit guest in any virtualization hypervisor. You can still download the 32 bit image if you don't have VT-x.

EDIT: If it fails to install the 32 bit image, you may need to force binary translation and disable hardware virtualization assistance in VirtualBox.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

You need VT-x if you want to run a 64-bit guest in any virtualization hypervisor. You can still download the 32 bit image if you don't have VT-x.

I only tried 32bit image

but it did not work

I only tried 32bit image

but it did not work

Try forcing binary translation in virtualbox. If that doesn't work then use VMware Player, its free. I installed the preview on VMware Workstation, and it went through without any issues.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Try forcing binary translation in virtualbox. If that doesn't work then use VMware Player, its free. I installed the preview on VMware Workstation, and it went through without any issues.

Tried installing windows 10 on VMware Player and it works fine.

Thanks for the suggestion