Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

Yesterday, Microsoft has made a very exciting announcement. They revealed Windows 10, which this forum has covered very well.

windows-10-desktop-02.jpg

Windows 10 technical preview, is a very early build of Windows 10. Meaning the GUI far from done, features are incomplete, it isn't polished, animations are missing, and so on. Also, only a few features are available at the moment. Throughout the preview until the official release (expected sometimes in 2015), numerous updates will be pushed out, polishing, finishing these features and add new features.

Microsoft said that later this year, they will announce Enterprise features of Windows 10, and next year, Consumer level features (GUI stuff, and Windows programs stuff, either improvements or new ones)

Feedback! feedback! feedback!. The purpose of Windows 10 Technical Preview, is Microsoft wants feedback!

Windows 10 features a feedback button, which Microsoft wants you to use.

A forum will be made to discuss Windows 10 features, and provide feedback, and this is the place that Microsoft will monitor (so not on blog site comment section, not here, or any other forum. If you want to get yourself heard, it's there you need to post. Or hit the Feedback button in Windows 10)

To make Windows 10 better, the preview version will include detailed telemetry data collecting, (no personal information or anything form you is collected. Microsoft will analysis heatmaps (where most people click) and how features are used) to improve the experience of them, and see what is being used or not on a daily basis.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-technical-preview-to-arrive-around-9-am-pt-12-pm-et

If you missed the Windows 10 event, you can watch it here:

DOWNLOAD

You can download Windows 10 here when it comes live at 9AM PT, or 12 ET:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-coming-soon

FEEDBACK FORUM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq?ocid=tp_site_insiderforumfaq=tab5

Yesterday, Microsoft has made a very exciting announcement. They revealed Windows 10, which this forum has covered very well.

windows-10-desktop-02.jpg

Windows 10 technical preview, is a very early build of Windows 10. Meaning the GUI far from done, features are incomplete, it isn't polished, animations are missing, and so on. Also, only a few features are available at the moment. Throughout the preview until the official release (expected sometimes in 2015), numerous updates will be pushed out, polishing, finishing these features and add new features.

Microsoft said that later this year, they will announce Enterprise features of Windows 10, and next year, Consumer level features (GUI stuff, and Windows programs stuff, either improvements or new ones)

Feedback! feedback! feedback!. The purpose of Windows 10 Technical Preview, is Microsoft wants feedback!

Windows 10 features a feedback button, which Microsoft wants you to use.

A forum will be made to discuss Windows 10 features, and provide feedback, and this is the place that Microsoft will monitor (so not on blog site comment section, not here, or any other forum. If you want to get yourself heard, it's there you need to post. Or hit the Feedback button in Windows 10)

To make Windows 10 better, the preview version will include detailed telemetry data collecting, (no personal information or anything form you is collected. Microsoft will analysis heatmaps (where most people click) and how features are used) to improve the experience of them, and see what is being used or not on a daily basis.

You can download Windows 10 here when it comes live at 9AM PT, or 12 ET:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-coming-soon

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-technical-preview-to-arrive-around-9-am-pt-12-pm-et

will it be free if not how much

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Yay! Going to get it once i get home

will it be free if not how much

If you are going to quote the entire op, please snip the quote

Free for W8 users.

$30 for W7 users.

Was that confirmed? How will ms know if im a legit win7 user?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Free for W8 users.

$30 for W7 users.

thats unusual for microsoft but great since i have 8

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I can't wait to try it out, I will definitely be providing lots of feedback. Although now I just wish I could fast-forward to the Consumer Preview where it will be more complete and we'll have more GUI changes and lots more new features to try out. (Cortana!)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It should be free for XP users :(

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

yea microsoft is living up to there name

wtf happened to 9?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

wtf happened to 9?

They did an nvidia on us

Was that confirmed? How will ms know if im a legit win7 user?

you will buy a key that upgrades your windows and only work on windows 7

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

They did an nvidia on us

what about amd? R7, R9.... Wheres R8???

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ffs just went I got out for a couple of hours if this was 20 minutes earlier I could leave it downloaded, now I need to find a hotspot and use my phone to download the iso because I can't wait to try this

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

By the time I'm out of work there will be reviews up then. sweet

wtf happened to 9?

seven eight nine. i'm sorry bro! :(

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

There goes my weekend.  VMwarin' dis bitch up.

7 Minutes? Hopefully for GMT  and looks like my friday is no longer free :D

Steve

what about amd? R7, R9.... Wheres R8???

then Intel does it too - Core i3, i5, i7

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

7 Minutes? Hopefully for GMT  and looks like my friday is no longer free :D

yeah america has a bad habit of thinking everything revolves around their reference point for measurments.

then Intel does it too - Core i3, i5, i7

but that makes sense, they only go by odds. Its not like they went i3 i5 i6 i7 i9

yeah america has a bad habit of thinking everything revolves around their reference point for measurments.

Yeah it should be gmt its the center of the world. YEAH :D

Steve