Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

I'm not a fan of the colour scheme of the new ASUS mainstream boards but this is one of the very few cases where it really fits :).

i was just gonna say that

I was looking at the Gigabyte Black and orange pretty hard, but then this came up and it seemed to fit. Frank N Stein has the red and black covered so what the heck.

O_O the beauty is too much for my eyes

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Dude you deserve that sponsorship! Can't wait to see this on a Friday night.

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

This is BLOODY AMAZING screw build of the week BUILD OF THE YEAR!!.

You are to kind! But don't stop Ha ha     The parts just keep coming this week. Little stuff here. 

sbnw.jpg

The Hue RGB light controller is actually a pretty good deal for around $34.00 I was looking at some LED strings and they cost as much or more with out the controller.  Now you people that buy 500' rolls are getting a much better deal, but I like to be lazy every now and then. I have a special use for these but I'll keep that a secret until it's done. 

3yhp.jpg

It easy to pull out the mesh and paint it what ever shade of Gold that you like.  Dx 

7qgt.jpg

And the cute little dress up kit for the D5 pump.  Just a cheap excuse for me to use more Gold in the build.  They have a sparkle black that it actually very cool looking, but with the whole inside of the case being black it would just disappear.

49em.jpg

Simply amazing

Huge Metallica fan too. James is one of my biggest guitar idols.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Simply amazing

Huge Metallica fan too. James is one of my biggest guitar idols.

Nice, I'm a big Metallica fan as well! 

I made some great progress over the weekend, getting finished up with about 90% of the case exterior Mods.

y6uc.jpg

kdfl.jpg

I am extremely happy with how close the case is to the original renderings. That is no easy feat, because Sam can change colors and patterns on the computer but it's not quite as easy in the real world.  It does really help to have something to shoot for and Sam's perfectionist attitude helped me to do the best I could do at all times. 

f897.jpg

I need to remind myself not to mod early in the morning! I had a couple of mental lapses. I was epoxying the diamond plate
and I forgot to do the weathering on it before I permanently attached it to the case. Grrrr - Not that big of a deal, but I had to
mask up and protect the case from dust and debris before I fixed it. why did they make mornings anyway?

3kno.jpg

9n6e.jpg

2mid.jpg

The other thing that happened. I was using thin lines of epoxy so I wasn't having any trouble with it oozing out. I got a little to much on a top piece and it bridged over to the factory top grill. I went in panic mode trying to get it off to clean it off, before it started setting up. Well lets just say that this grill is extremely hard to get off, even if you have done it before. While I was fighting to get it off, a joke came into my head that someone made about Lauren from Tasty Pc taking the grill off herself - not! Oh God I'm weaker than Lauren! I finally got it off and cleaned up my mess before It caused any damage.

a1s.JPG

afv7.jpg

04f9.jpg

6u6m.jpg

eiba.jpg

swyn.jpg

nmvm.jpg

Everyone here at Linustechtips have been so supportive of our project! Me and Sam really appreciate your input. I still have a long way to go on this. I'm still looking for 2 GPU's for the case and hopefully the water cooling gear will arrive soon.  I want to make this a memorable case, so time is less important than the quality of work I do for the finished system.

While I was fighting to get it off, a joke came into my head that someone made about Lauren from Tasty Pc taking the grill off herself - not! Oh God I'm weaker than Lauren! I finally got it off and cleaned up my mess before It caused any damage.

Hey, I remember that joke! I think it was Bill from MNPC Tech who made that one. :lol:

Anyway, loving the way this is turning out. I'm more of an understatement and

subtlety kinda guy myself, but the world would be a very boring place indeed if

everyone followed that philosophy. And the workmanship, dedication, attention

to detail and creativity going into this really is amazing. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks alpenwasser I'm starting to get amazed by how many people from Switzerland are into modding. The UK is a real hot bed and there are a lot of people up where you are also. Ya Bill Owen Is where that came from. I just had to laugh that was going through my head in my moment of panic. Ha ha ha If you can't laugh at yourself you can find friends that will do it for you!

Im with Alpenwasser on this one! Not a fan of the bling, but still really love seeing someone put as much planning, time and effort into a build  with so much detil

(Comming soon)

Thanks alpenwasser I'm starting to get amazed by how many people from Switzerland are into modding. The UK is a real hot bed and there are a lot of people up where you are also.

Yeah there are quite a few I've seen around. I suppose at least part of it is that

we're very well located logistically speaking. I've seen a few people from other

places (South Africa and India are the most recent I can recall) mention that they

can hardly get their hands on proper modding and W/C gear, if at all. :(

Switzerland is quite well situated, and despite not being in the EU it's quite easy

to get our hands on some good stuff (although you do pay VAT usually, but such is

life) from pretty much anywhere in the world.

Also, our education system places very high importance not just on university education,

but also on non-college profession such as mechanics, electricians etc., which means

there are a ton of people who have had an excellent education despite not going

to college, especially manual labour kinds of jobs. And lots of those job skillsets

suit themselves very well to modding.

And agreed, the UK really is very active, comparatively speaking. Although a part of

that is probably simply the impression one gets when sticking to English as the

language of the communities you frequent. I remember when I first got into W/C around

2002 or so I noticed the German modding scene far more than any other simply because

I had bought Aqua-Computer stuff and was therefore mostly active/lurking on German-

speaking forums.

And I'm sure there are probably some pretty damn large Eastern Asian communities of

which I've never even heard and which I'm most likely never going to come across

simply due to the language barrier. But still, there are a ton of websites and shops

from the UK, really more than one would expect strictly going by population alone.

Ya Bill Owen Is where that came from. I just had to laugh that was going through my head in my moment of panic. Ha ha ha If you can't laugh at yourself you can find friends that will do it for you!

True, when you stop being able to laugh at yourself you are probably no longer in a

very healthy state of mind. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

yeap! definitely a work of art!

:wub:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Can't wait to see the finshed product, it looks amazing!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Working away as fast as I can. Stupid Job! ha ha I fix air conditioners and we are in high season here in the central USA. We all have our burdens to bare. Looking forward to playing around inside the case for a while. Nice to get a change of pace. Alpenwasser - I liked your lacing video, thanks for taking the time to show us. Very cool.  The scary thing is this is my classy side compared to my last build, ha ha but I get what you mean.  I like all the styles, but we each must build things we love the most.  Nice to different type of projects to keep it interesting.

Awesome build!! I love Metallica and the 900d!! Beautiful  :o  :D  :)

Looking forward to more pics..

Some people had been asking about my wall monitor? It is actually not hanging on the wall, but mounted in the wall.

bkll.jpg

o3tv.jpg

The hangers make this easy to mount the monitor and the picture frame. There is a reverse hanger bar that just slides in behind the ones you see on the wall. I used some thick twine to make a slight height adjustment on the upper bar.

nyld.jpg

I had a custom picture frame made for it for around $ 200.00 My computer room is in the room behind the monitor so an extended monitor cable was all that was necessary to hook it up.

9w2a.jpg

I wore out the original 22" flat screen  Monitor after 4 years. Hopefully this LED will last longer, because the old flat screen did put of some heat and didn't have much area to dissipate it. 

lu76.jpg

I normally play slide shows on it.  It becomes an ever changing painting.  I love this thing! electronic Art.