Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

I am not a lover of heavy metal but geezz Louise this looks really good! One for the live stream linus.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

OH MY GOD. WOW. TOO GOOD FOR WORDS.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Thanks everyone for the kind words. All the game themes were taken. Ha ha So here I am. I really love the people on this forum! Everyone is so supportive, not a troll in site. :P

Wow! 

Everything about it is just amazing! 

Keep it up, can't wait to see it finished. :)

This will be build of the week. End of story.

I think it needs to be finished first :p. Maybe Linus should make a build of the year title once there is a year's worth of BoTW.

I am aroused.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Lars in unimpressed and thinking about suing you
tumblr_ll1xc4roPU1qetfor.gif

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Toasty is fresh back from a nice format wash so you can expect a few more renders hopfully at higher rez now i cleaned off all the randum files :P

Any requests for angles or settings please post a sugestion.

Week ? I believe once it's finished it will be Build of something for a very long time!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Not really to my taste. But hey, it's not me who's gonna use it so more power too you I guess. Cool idea.

900D is still pretty new.. NO CLUE HOW YOU DID THIS SO FAST !!

Thanks everyone - Me and Sam are just having fun building this. We have a lot of good stuff just over the horizon. working on the check list, one by one.  In a way I'm not sure how happy I'll be to get finished. The process is pretty satisfying.  I started to go into Dremel with drawls so I has to switch gears and find something to cut on. ha ha

Deus Ragno - That's the great thing about different tastes! If we all liked the same thing, how boring it would be. I appreciate you posting anyway.

NeCoNLive - We actually started work on this 2 months before we had a case. It's a little challenging modding an imaginary case but thanks to Sam's great rendering skills, it helped us get this off the ground. I kept busy working on some of the bling while we were waiting for the case. As far as I know we were the first ones to start modding a 900D ha ha . I still have a long way to go, with the details. My Boss has this crazy Idea that I'm supposed to show up for work when I could be modding. DX Thanks for checking us out. :)

Very impressive, interested in seeing the final product.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Did you ever feel like it was the best day of your life? When the big brown truck pulled up and dropped off three boxes, there was no way I was going to wait to get home to see just what was inside? I really didn't know for sure. I can't remember being this excited in a long, long time!

niy4.jpg

Corsair - Thank you !

dscn0165vq.jpg

When Corsair offered to sponsor The Metallic build they ask what other parts we might need to assist with the build? I was overwhelmed at even getting sponsored and didn't want to be greedy, so I asked for the basics that we needed. I offered some possible options of parts we could use and without exception they supplied us with the best possible Hardware from the list. I'm blown away at how much they stepped up for us!

uahv.jpg

yvpm.jpg

bpat.jpg

It's a good thing I'm a little hard of hearing, because this many fans might make a bit of noise! It's funny but I'm the rare bird that doesn't mind fan noise. The gentle drone of a server room gives me a warm and fussy feeling.

i9s6.jpg

kto8.jpg

9xl0.jpg

rtb9.jpg

This is really a dream come true for me. I was already a Corsair fan before I ever thought about building this computer. Come on ! Corsair has always made the best Ram that you can buy and when they expanded their product line into other areas they maintained the same high level of quality and innovation. Sound like a commercial? Dang right ! The thing is that's exactly how I feel. I've lusted after every single Item they provided with the exception of the fans. I'll have to get deeper into water cooling before I start lusting over fans! Ha ha

spp5.jpg

They even through in a full set of single braided cables and the power supply already comes with a full set. I think I'm set for life.

jbnk.jpg

I want to thank everyone that made this happen! Corsair George, Sam - Do Until Loopy, Bill Owen, Ronaldo Buassali from Corsair Brasil and all the people how have shown their enthusiasm for our project! This Build would never have been possible without each and everyone of you!

DUDE THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING !

Case)- NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black    ***    Lighting)- NZXT Sleeved 24 LED Lighting    ***    CPU Cooler)- NZXT Kraken X60    ***    RAM)- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHZ    ***    PSU)- Corsair GS800 800W    ***    Keyboard)- Corsair K95 Mechanical CherryMX Red Keyboard    ***    CPU)- Intel Core I5 2500K Overclocked to 4.9GHZ    ***    GPU)- EVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB    ***    Mouse)- Razer Imperator 2012    ***                                   Sound Card)- Creative Sound Blaster Z    ***    Motherboard)- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H    ***    Monitor)- BenQ 24" XL2420TX 3D Vision 2 Ready    ***    Mousepad)- Mionix Saragas 900

No words can describe this fine piece of work :D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

2 words : HOLY CRAP

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

No words can describe this fine piece of work :D

2 words : HOLY CRAP

Sometimes the internet has perfect timing... :lol:

Seriously though, those are some nice goodies you got there, looking forward to what

you'll do with them. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

sick pc build

Nzxt switch 810 -- Intel i5 3570k @4.2Ghz(water cooled) -- Asus Maximus V Formula(water cooled) -- 2x  GTX 690(water cooled) -- Corsair AX1200i -- Corsair Vengeance 16GB -- samsung 840 120GB (2x) -- Seagate Barracuda 500GB -- 3 Asus 24" screen's -- Corair K70 -- EKWB watercooling blocks and rads --

:wub:  Corsair :wub:

sick build dude! :blink:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Hello to everyone at Linustechtips. The signature Metallica emblem needed to be mounted on the upper bezel of the case. I wasn't sure just how I was going to deal with the external drive bays. As always I committed to this plan and hoped I could find a solution or in the worst case, I just wouldn't be able to use the external bays.

mxrw.jpg

What I decided to try was attaching the diamond plate and the 360 Nautilus OverKill grill to the removable factory fan cover.  This lines up the whole diamond plate in front of and covers the drive bays.  Now I will be able to use the drive bays when needed by temporarily removing the front panel, which is very easy to do.

vgjz.jpg

This plate was fairly thin anodized aluminum so I just cut it out with a Dremel. I had a very hard time finding an acceptable diamond plate. Most of the ones you see online are only renderings and don't exist in the real world.

q8fe.jpg

Because I had to settle for a pattern that was different than we would have liked, I would have to come up with a special finish to keep it from being just another Diamond plate case. What I planned to do was flat sand the peeks on the plate and then polish them. I was sanding away and the aluminum underneath was starting to come through. Then a voice came into my ear from the master ! ( Cheapskate ) STOP NOW ! I had wished I hadn't gone quite so far on the 360 grill, even though it came out great, I thought I would listen this time. YES MASTER Ha ha I really like how it came out! something unique and it fits the build look nicely.

sn1d.jpg

uxzh.jpg

npdd.jpg

1gcu.jpg

w4nh.jpg

If I don't get to many distraction I should get the rest of the plate finished by the weekend.  I have to do some magic on the front fans, because they sit to far back for what I'm doing.  The Mother Board and processor should be in my hands tomorrow!! Great more parts that I can only look at. DX

Thanks guys! good luck has followed me hand in hand throughout this build and I couldn't duplicate it with a crystal ball.  Still got quite a ways to go, But the ride is 3/4 of the fun. 

I got a Mother board and a processor today!  No matter what you pick someone will tell you that you should have got this one or that one.  When Me and Sam originally started planning this, I had picked a gigabyte ud7 EX ATX board with the Z77 chip set and a 3770K processor. I chose this because I thought it was the best bang for the buck.  At the time I was really Hot for the 2011 but it would be hard to stay away from the six core if you went that far.  It was fortunate that we never really set much of the hardware in stone and Sam helped pick some parts like water blocks that didn't leave us trapped. What I'm trying to says is. 

We Got a Haswell !!  Oh and that 4770K thingamajiggy

Fortunately the pricing on the new stuff is comparable to the Z77 and 3770K so it's awesome to be using the new stuff.  When I say using,    I mean looking at it sitting on a shelf. Ha ha ha  I haven't had much urgency to finish up to this point, but damn all those great Corsair parts and a new Board are calling me like a sirens song.  Still this is a luxury, when I did my last build I was using the computer at the same time and had to get it working again before I quit for the night. That was 4 AM one night, but it was worth it.

44hr.jpg

The main features of this Board - It's Freakin Gold !!  

siuw.jpg

Actually This board is heavy on connectivity options. PWM on all fan headers, Thunder bolt, some Wi Fi thing that connects to smart phones. Bla, Bla, Bla
Did I mention It's Freakin Gold ha ha ha

nyoz.jpg

8eax.jpg

j7ym.jpg

This has been quite the deal. First we had a build log without a case. Then we had a case without any parts, but piece by piece this thing is coming together and we thank you for sticking with us all this time.