eBay And PayPal To Split Into Two Separate Companies

Ethnod

whats wrong with ebay. seems stronger then ever to me. and what other alternatives are there.

my countrys amazon doesn't have this kind of stuff so cheap
Fair enough. I mean they may not collapse, they are probably too large to collapse but I cannot see them doing anything than worse in the EU

Ebay's profit is considerably larger than Amazon's, I don't know why anyone would think they're going anywhere soon. Plus accessible in more markets.

PayPal should've probably split a while ago, it still has huge potential for growth.

Regarding Amazon's profits... they are actively loosing money . reinvesting it. Its been their business model for years. Maybe AliExpress might be a closer comparison.. maybe

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

eBay only stays in business because nobody else has stepped up to the plate as a competitive alternative

eBay's policies are so buyer-focused and completely screw you over as a seller.

1. The buyer has 45 days since receiving the item to make a claim

2. A claim can be as simple as "not as described"

3. As a seller, you are FORCED to take the return and negative feedback.

If you got the item back and it's as decribed/perfect condition (as in the buyer was an idiot), eBay doesn't care. They don't even care to look at your proof - they tell you "ok, just return his money and move on. we'll credit back HALF of your ebay fee to your ebay account" (not even cash back, it's CREDIT back to your ebay account to use their broken system again)

And then negative feedback? eBay policy will not remove it - period. Even if you have full proof that the buyer was lying/wrong - eBay doesn't care. They just want to satisfy buyers.

How about GIVING negative feedback to the buyer? NOPE - YOU. CAN. NOT. LEAVE. NEGATIVE. FEEDBACK. FOR. BUYERS. You can only "report" them, which you know won't do anything. It will just be filed away into a system and never looked at again.

Just think of it backwards and think how easy this system is to abuse.

Have a part that's broken. Order one off ebay. Make a claim, return the broken one. You win 100%. Ebay doesn't care to investigate.

eBay is complete garbage. actual intelligent sellers are starting to realize it and move away.