Project Minivalidus an X99 NCASE Build.

d33g33

KwXvacZ.jpg

So, if you remember on the last page I tested the Samsung SM951 on the Asus Z97i-Plus and it basically did 750mb/s reads and 700mb/s writes, fast but nothing compared to what the drive was capable of.

Now that we've swapped from Z97 to X99 and its getting the full bus with the ASRock "Ultra M.2" slot.

This...

AgSlXoV.png

I was not expecting that!

Hey @d33g33 .I have made a banner for your build!

If you like it,maybe you could update your first post and add it.Something like ~Banner Courtesy of @aamirilliyas123~ below it would be deeply appreciated :)

post-171392-0-53697300-1433420281_thumb.

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

• 1 month later...

Also you don't want to know how I got that GTX980 in there...

The same way hedgehogs mate?

(with great care)

Or with lots of brute force? :D

Uggggggh gawd, so sick, whole family has it. Sorry didn't get any photos done at all.

Aw :(

Best wishes to everyone from me then. thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

glad to see another 5820k build :)
will have to let me know the speed you're getting, not seen it mentioned yet unless i missed it?

cant wait to OC mine :D

For 4K gaming I grabbed a R9-295x2 when they got the price drop prior to the new R300's

The same way hedgehogs mate?

(with great care)

Or with lots of brute force? :D

Aw :(

Best wishes to everyone from me then. thumb.gif

Not the hedgehog way. I pulled off all the panels, grabbed the front and back of the chassis and 'flexed' it while I got the wife to jam the card in, not graceful, at all.

Thanks for the wishes, on the road to recovery it seems! its been weeks!

glad to see another 5820k build :)

will have to let me know the speed you're getting, not seen it mentioned yet unless i missed it?

cant wait to OC mine :D

For 4K gaming I grabbed a R9-295x2 when they got the price drop prior to the new R300's

Nice! I plan on a 1440p ultrawide and I know a single 980 isn't up for the challenge. I like the sound of the Fury X2 but I know a 600w PSU isn't enough wattage. Fingers crossed for a MARS/GTX990 with slightly lower wattage requirement.

5820k on the H100i was @ 4.5ghz across all cores at 1.325v. After a BIOS update and the custom loop I'll revisit fine tuning this.

Nice! I plan on a 1440p ultrawide and I know a single 980 isn't up for the challenge. I like the sound of the Fury X2 but I know a 600w PSU isn't enough wattage. Fingers crossed for a MARS/GTX990 with slightly lower wattage requirement.

5820k on the H100i was @ 4.5ghz across all cores at 1.325v. After a BIOS update and the custom loop I'll revisit fine tuning this.

I'm pretty sure a GTX 980 ti or a R9 Fury should be able to play at that resolution, don't quote me on that though

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

and on that custom loop...

KwXvacZ.jpg

I am please to announced that we have a new sponsor in...
s3lYGx2.jpg

I was casually chatting with a guy named Eddy about my R2-D2 build and we got onto this project and he offered to help. Thanks Eddy! Greatly appreciated!

Some hardline tubing
CRLGWfC.jpg

Hardline fittings
HeawIS8.jpg

They have 2x hardline 'reamer' tools a normal one and the 'heavy duty' version. I opted for the heavy duty very, as tight as Australia can be on 'weapons' I was suprised they let this thing is! It's HUGE and sold metal!
blJjSG9.jpg

As space will always be a concern a 30mm thick 240mm radiator. I really like the low FPI of these radiators for super low RPM fans.
nvaD4lo.jpg

Now this is actually kinda the star of the show here, I had all kinds of concerns on how I was going to get the STRIX 980 in this case. Fortunately the GPX block is the same height as a reference PCB meaning I will JUST sneak it in the case, EXCELLENT!
2t64Hj5.jpg

It's no secret that I was switching out the H100i for an expandable AIO and that I wanted a Kelvin. I managed to get my hands on the Kelvin S24, came with some fin damage out of the box which i'm not stocked about, but not a deal breaker...
H1HfmFr.jpg

So now the exciting part starts of planning the loop. I am waiting the reservoir still though and i'll have to make a custom bracket for the Kelvin to fit the slim ILM mount on the ASRock X99E-ITX stay tuned its about to get exciting!

Also a little sneaky peaky, anyone know what this is?
RIZBuMD.jpg

I'm pretty sure a GTX 980 ti or a R9 Fury should be able to play at that resolution, don't quote me on that though

Yea would do but I dont want to go from a 980 to a 980Ti or Fury X. I would want a more significant jump :)

LEDs and a controller?

Edit: A yet to be programmed controller

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

will you mount the 30mm alphacool in the bottom or on the side bracket?

is there even space for fans when using a 30mm rad?

this build has been done with a 25mm rad and slim fans ?!

c3b6df35_IMG_8630.jpeg

edit: also the alphacool block seems to be rather thick.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Love the ncase builds

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

If you plan on shoving a second rad in this thing like in the pic @MrSuperb posted, I'd recommend getting a cross flow radiator.

will you mount the 30mm alphacool in the bottom or on the side bracket?

is there even space for fans when using a 30mm rad?

this build has been done with a 25mm rad and slim fans ?!

edit: also the alphacool block seems to be rather thick.

So its gonna be tight yeah, I have some 15mm fans ill take some photos tonight.

The block is a bit taller but the fittings are different, also ill put the fans on the very bottom and radiator on top. Im hoping that because there's a few mm between the shroud and the fins the block may actually recess into this space. Also looking at his pictures in closer detail he has the 3-4mm thick plastic dust filters under the radiator almost negating anything from the 25mm over 30mm thick radiator. I think ill be fine :)

It'll all work out one way or another.

If you plan on shoving a second rad in this thing like in the pic @MrSuperb posted, I'd recommend getting a cross flow radiator.

A crossflow radiator makes tubing very hard.

jesus ... you are really going for the extremes ... :D

edit: still in the picture I posted a 25mm rad and 15mm fans were used and it seems like there are only about 3-4mm left to the (narrower) EK waterblock

jesus ... you are really going for the extremes ... :D

edit: still in the picture I posted a 25mm rad and 15mm fans were used and it seems like there are only about 3-4mm left to the (narrower) EK waterblock

No point going at it half cocked.

I'll make it work. After all. I got a 360x120 and 360x180 in an R4 and a Glacer 240L into a Shuttle.

If I have to grind back the radiator shroud and mill down the fins of the block so be it. That bitch is going in.

I guess you will set a new record for most tightly packed M1 :D

what reservoir are you going to use?

I guess you will set a new record for most tightly packed M1 :D

what reservoir are you going to use?

FrozenQ NCASE Reservoir. Was sent on the 21st of last month so should show up any day now...

Almost forgot,

The slim fans im using for bottom rad at the Silverstone FN123's :D

at 15mm thick they look like squashed gentle typhoons to me.
Mq4nwBf.jpg

is each led individually controlled or is there another reason for the delay between the first and last LED?