Project Minivalidus an X99 NCASE Build.

d33g33

Genuine question, but how does that work?

I was taking the piss it'd never work but same as hot air goes up then cools and comes back down circulating around.

There is a AIO that is that way im sure, I dont know how good it was though

I was taking the piss it'd never work but same as hot air goes up then cools and comes back down circulating around.

There is a AIO that is that way im sure, I dont know how good it was though

Ik that Silverstone demoed a concept AIO that worked that way back at computex a few years ago. It hasn't made it into production yet tho.

Did you ever figure out running two gpu on a single PCI-e x16 slot? I was just looking at your other thread (stumbled upon it as i was researching the subject) and was wondering what the final verdict was? I am toying with the idea if it's at all possible. 

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Did you ever figure out running two gpu on a single PCI-e x16 slot? I was just looking at your other thread (stumbled upon it as i was researching the subject) and was wondering what the final verdict was? I am toying with the idea if it's at all possible. 

Its possible, there is a guy that makes essentially a riser card with a PLX built in. He was hard to communicate with though and who knows how expensive it would have been. He was part of a company that made custom components for server applications mostly.

You nailed it

Using thermal variance to move water around the loop

:D ... I was just wondering where you would want to put a pump inside the case. I simply can't find any unused space, unless you would remove one of the radiators.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

:D ... I was just wondering where you would want to put a pump inside the case. I simply can't find any unused space, unless you would remove one of the radiators.

Between the CPU block and the I/O. In front of the reservoir. To the left of the PSU. c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Indeed that is the question

Between the CPU block and the I/O. In front of the reservoir. To the left of the PSU. c:

has be close to same level as reservoir so has to remain low. I doubt it will fit in front of the reservoir because of the side rad, to the left of the PSU you're onto it ;)

Indeed that is the question

has be close to same level as reservoir so has to remain low. I doubt it will fit in front of the reservoir because of the side rad, to the left of the PSU you're onto it ;)

Maybe with some 'trimming'....

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

• 2 weeks later...

any updates?

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Holy Shit this is amazing! I can't believe I haven't seen this before now. So looking forward to see the completed thing and makes me wish I could afford to hard-line watercool my pc :)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

any updates?

Nah, running on air, sold the Kelvin S24, waiting for some free time to hardline. When you're a family man you'll understand, I was also waiting for a DDC to arrive, which it now has.

Holy Shit this is amazing! I can't believe I haven't seen this before now. So looking forward to see the completed thing and makes me wish I could afford to hard-line watercool my pc :)

Thanks very much!

Its been a year now in the works...

Hardline is cheaper than flexible tubing if you arent using barbs.

Other parts, yea pricey

- snip -

Hehe, if I'm allowed to take a few years to finish my build, I think people can't complain about you taking a bit of time. Well, they can, but compared to me you're still quick. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hehe, if I'm allowed to take a few years to finish my build, I think people can't complain about you taking a bit of time. Well, they can, but compared to me you're still quick. :D

Don't fool yourself ... Helios will never be in a state referred to as "finished"

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

That moment when a build finally defeats you...

...Project MiniValidus has been a work in progress for over a year now. Some poor hardware choices on my part, 2 house moves, including a move to the other side of the country and no permanent work area has made this a grind from the very beginning but, I regret none of it.
I'll relate this build to that girl you dated that was crazy hot, but completely bat-shit crazy. The NCASE M1 is amazing and the designers have done an excellent job. What I was trying to do is achievable on a technical level but not to a stage that was pleasing to look at for my own taste, and on that, most of the hard work covered up! Its become obvious that it would never evolve to a hardware capacity I was hoping for, while maintaining a look I was happy with.
The NCASE will remain with me, most likely in an air cooled format with a Pascal refresh still on the cards.

The sponsors that have contributed to this build were amazing to work with. Rod at RamCity Memory Upgrades is an Australian retailer thats doing great work with the community and modders. Ed at Alphacool International GmbH went above and beyond with what he supplied for this build and I cant think him enough.
Mundi at Icemodz.com for his amazing scratch built cables, there's a reason all the top builders use Mundi and I encourage anyone that's after custom cables to have a chat with him. Barrow International andBitspower International Co., Ltd. also assisted with discounts due to interest in this build.

As for what happens now well, life has happened... Work is busier than ever and so is family life. They will always come before my hobbies and at this stage I cant deliver what I would like to to people interested in my work, and what I want to put 'my stamp' on. MiniValidus may get rebuilt into a Case Labs Nova or I may pursue a semi-scratch build mATX form factor I've been planning, but not before I have a dedicated work space.

I don't regret this project at all, I learnt a lot from it and anything you can take a lesson away from isn't a waste. I thank everyone for their support and interest. aRcade-D2 still needs to be finished so keep an eye out for for some updates in that space and i'll be sure to let you know when the new project commences.

In the meantime be sure to check out the following Asutralian builders.
GGF Lan Party who has had a MASSIVE 2015 and is only going from strength to strength into 2016. Churning out heaps of builds and product reviews.
Simple Modz from VaultBoy to where Alex is now shows how much he has evolved in such a sort time. Once he's settled into his new role at Asus(!) he will be sure to be back producing amazing systems i'm sure!
Oz Modz Hole-y-shit watch Stephen burst onto the scene. Like a bull out the gates he's quickly producing high quality stuff. Be sure to keep an eye out for his upcoming Far Cry Primal build and for goodness sake check out his YouTube channel as it's amazing to watch him create.

Finally here is what is most likely the final (potato)photo of MiniValidus and some benchmark pictures validating at least that technically at least, the project was a success with better than expected temperatures in a very cluttered build.

GPUwddf.jpg

IYt6xpy.png

p0hMawj.png

1ZdBafW.png

cFcxZNQ.png

Peace,
Dayle.

Ah yes, life... she can be a bit spontaneous and uncooperative with plans on occasion, have made experiences with that too. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic