Project Minivalidus an X99 NCASE Build.

d33g33

What camera and lens did you use to shoot the pictures? And could you please make suggestions on how to setup a product stage like yours? Thanks

What camera and lens did you use to shoot the pictures? And could you please make suggestions on how to setup a product stage like yours? Thanks

I dont use anything special at all. My camera is a Canon 500D (or T1i Rebel) and I use either the kit 18-55mm lens or a 50mm prime, I have the f1.4 but if you get one save your money and just get the f1.8

Table is a $40 Linnmon from IKEA, some cheap 'photography' lights from eBay.

That's it...

So...

There's probably going to be a delay in this build. I got a new job and I have to move to the other side of the country (Melbourne to Perth)

So we are frantically packing up our house have to move it across, lots and lots to organize...

So...

There's probably going to be a delay in this build. I got a new job and I have to move to the other side of the country (Melbourne to Perth)

So we are frantically packing up our house have to move it across, lots and lots to organize...

oh no :(

didn't you just move into a new house? :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

oh no :(

didn't you just move into a new house? :D

yeah kinda, and that was kinda in preparation for this move.

So we sold the house we owned and moved into a place to rent that was way closer to work while I applied for a job in the state we wanted. So we moved 50kms.

Now i'm moving 3600kms away. :)

Though I chased up where my reservoir is today, apparently it was returned to sender because it "contained dangerous liquids"

...it was an empty reservoir. Trying to make those dicks to resend it express (dicks referring to the courier/post not the sender)

Well good luck with the move

• 1 month later...

Almost back up and running!

Move into our new place this weekend, should have internet the week after hopefully.

Just ordered some sleeved extensions to cut down and make into replacement cables (bonus of having mITX) I was planning to get custom cables ages ago but sponsorship seems to have fallen through, but that's no problem, they need to make money first, I respect that.

I just ordered some PCCG 'Monochrome' extensions, cut, re-pin, swap female connector, job done,

In another news my FrozenQ NCASE reservoir arrived! Super stoked about that it looks awesome and will really tie everything together.

i'll pick up some PETG as i'm really struggling with standard acrylic tube, also I don't want to have much downtime and refitting ant component to this case is an absolute bitch.

Final colour scheme has also been decided, but you'll have to stay tuned for that!

TL:DR;

Still alive, stuff arived, progress to be made.

I was beginning to think this thread was dead. Good to see you're still working on it :)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I was beginning to think this thread was dead. Good to see you're still working on it :)

Nah no chance, but I had to stop working on the project quite early, get everything packed up and lots of just general house things sorted for the move. Now we're over in Perth we've found a place and get moved in and set up. First order of business will be modifying the Kelvin plate to suite the Slim ILM mount. I think the AMD mount is close so if i'm really lucky I might be able to cut up the AMD mount to fit, otherwise i'll just fabricate something.

Yay, updates! wheee.gif

And yeah, moving is a ton of work.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

hahah made me laugh... :) How loud is the stock cooler that comes with the asrock board?

Umm surprisingly its not as loud as you would first think. Its certainly not silent but its not obnoxious...

...unless its under full load then it spins up to 7500rpm, yes 7500... and its a jet. But for normal use it idles away and considering the side is off, is surprisingly moderate.

Hot damn +10xp

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

First of all, congrats on the move, I hope you settle in well and finish an epic build.

Secondly, thank you for showing us such a detailed exploration of what is possible in the ncase, your build encouraged me to jump on one and I should hopefully finish my build whenever z170 makes it to mITX.

how is the cpu cooler doing? i kinda like it and i'm not sure why. but how is thermals and sound? 
nice build and i am super jelly of that monitor ^^

First of all, congrats on the move, I hope you settle in well and finish an epic build.

Secondly, thank you for showing us such a detailed exploration of what is possible in the ncase, your build encouraged me to jump on one and I should hopefully finish my build whenever z170 makes it to mITX.

EVGA has 1x and Gigabyte have 2x ITX Z170 motherboards :)

how is the cpu cooler doing? i kinda like it and i'm not sure why. but how is thermals and sound? 

nice build and i am super jelly of that monitor ^^

The stock air one? Until I sort myself out it's totally fine. Its not quiet, perhaps a but louder than a stock Intel cooler during normal browsing and such. but under load and it ramps up its ridiculously loud. I've knocked the CPU back to stock while on the stock air cooler, We just got the Internet connected but i've been flown to Broome for work.

I find it hilarious that I drove from one side of Australia to the other, thats 3600kms. I've now flown north of Perth to Broome which is 2200kms but still in the same state. Western Australia is crazy...

I really want to start using the screen as well but for the little time i've spent with it, it seems great already.

Hopefully not too long until some more updates guys, thanks for hanging in there with me.

• 3 weeks later...

KwXvacZ.jpg

I don't want to blow anyones mind but...

I'm back! haha.

Getting sorted after moving has taken a lot longer than I thought but seeing some friends completed builds recently has motivated me to get. this. thing. done.

So with no further delay here's just couple of pictures of items you haven't seen yet. Im uploading these pictures then tearing down the PC to get the work done!

logo.jpg

Firstly the legends at FrozenQ hooked me up with this purpose machined reservoir for the NCASE. Its externally mounted but looks the part at the tubing holes line up perfectly with the grommets in the case. I used their Double Helix "T-Virus" res in the R4 build and am super happy to get this special frosted version for this project.

UPGJkGX.jpg

P4LHAWO.jpg

5BONZgz.jpg

LL6KQWU.jpg

EG5yUzp.jpg

I was also a bit cheeky here. I bought some cable extensions from a local retailer (PCCaseGear) but because the NCASE is so small, I can just cut and repin one end and use them as replacement cables. $40AUD for a set of replacement cables? Excellent!

18lDyPN.jpg

FPqfppV.jpg

EpphgOk.jpg

Now with that out of the way, how about we tear this thing down for some motherboard trickery, custom cables made and liquid cooling, as Game of Thrones says in opposite land "summer is coming" and in Perth, Australia, the summer is no joke! So lets get this bitch under water.

Thanks for everyone's support so far, it is greatly appreciated. Keep creating.
DfknG

So... little update...

Threw the GPU block on the card and man does it make it look sexah!

TeHdnxj.jpg

Jw5qa3h.jpg

rBVCclw.jpg

Doing some test fitting,

Those equally sexy little 15mm thick Silverstones. Not sure why I like these so much.

FLGJ3TE.jpg

Then I flipped them so radiator was on the bottom and the fans on top because I was having some issues around the front I/O

TmGfOhH.jpg

Then I flipped them back because the GPU block is taller than I was hoping so my thougts were if the radiator was on top the block could recess into it a little and...

THE WHEELS FELL OFF THE WAGON!

bwDc0uw.jpg

Now, it's OK... I have a plan... 

Probably not a popular one, 

Not a wise one,

But a plan...

4Zf2xSp.jpg

There is nothing left in this build with warranty, nothing...

Why oh why didnt I buy a reference GPU.

Wish me luck!

So... little update...

Threw the GPU block on the card and man does it make it look sexah!

pic

pic

pic

Doing some test fitting,

Those equally sexy little 15mm thick Silverstones. Not sure why I like these so much.

pic

Then I flipped them so radiator was on the bottom and the fans on top because I was having some issues around the front I/O

pic

Then I flipped them back because the GPU block is taller than I was hoping so my thougts were if the radiator was on top the block could recess into it a little and...

THE WHEELS FELL OFF THE WAGON!

pic

Now, it's OK... I have a plan... 
Probably not a popular one, 
Not a wise one,
But a plan...

pic

There is nothing left in this build with warranty, nothing...

Why oh why didnt I buy a reference GPU.

Wish me luck!

by the looks would a ek block be thiner? is that block thicker then a single slot PCI-e?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc