how to create music?

Prokart2000

hi guys

i wanted to use my pc to create music, but what do i need.

i know you could use some monitors

this is a thing where you hit buttons and it makes sound,

probably a piano of some sort

software?

cables?

can someone tell me the sort of things i need to get started,

thanks!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

That "thing where you hit buttons and it makes sound, probably a piano of some sort" is a MIDI keyboard AFAIK.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

what music?

what platform?

why?

How old are you?

You should be fine with a mac to start

Why not just learn an instrument? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

better to just start with something like FL studio and make stuff there, before putting money into actual instruments, seeing as you can emulate just about anything in that anyhow quite damn well with enough tweaking. in which case all you need is a shitty laptop a good dac and some great headphones

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

what music?

what platform?

why?

How old are you?

lol yea because mac is still relevant :Psarcasm ftw 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

better to just start with something like FL studio and make stuff there, before putting money into actual instruments, seeing as you can emulate just about anything in that anyhow quite damn well with enough tweaking. in which case all you need is a shitty laptop a good dac and some great headphones

what music?

what platform?

why?

How old are you?

That "thing where you hit buttons and it makes sound, probably a piano of some sort" is a MIDI keyboard AFAIK.

the hit buttons thing has lots of pads that are different colours

why? cos i like music and would love to make some

ive used garageband and the other mac program at school and made a decent song in a short time

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

lol yea because mac is still relevant :Psarcasm ftw 

Mac is the industrial standard in music industry sadly.

But Honestly, you did not care to research the components name, or give a good descripiton.

Buy any kind of musicmaking software and start to play with it on your PC, if you like it and see a future in it, then invest the expensive "stuff"

Well that fact that he has a PC already means that Mac is not relevant in this case xD

ikr if you want a mac you hackintosh

Spoiler

Mac is the industrial standard in music industry sadly.

But Honestly, you did not care to research the components name, or give a good descripiton.

Buy any kind of musicmaking software and start to play with it on your PC, if you like it and see a future in it, then invest the expensive "stuff"

yeah i dont know the "technical names" for the things

Spoiler

Wholesale-Wood-wooden-font-b-toy-b-font-

?

ffs let me show you, maschine_abs1.jpg

Spoiler

ffs let me show you, 

sorry, that was a bad joke from me

If I were you I would get a decent music creator program for PC (is there Logic X for PC?) and I would do everything virtually, as they have everything you need and maybe more

So you need a program, time and dedication. 

Everything else is just add ons, that helps create music if you know how to create music in the first place. Of course, you could dump thousands of pounds in the equipment an monitors and a mac, but it would not be necessary

it was pretty good ngl

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If I were you I would get a decent music creator program for PC (is there Logic X for PC?) and I would do everything virtually, as they have everything you need and maybe more

Everything else is just add ons, that helps create music if you know how to create music in the first place. Of course, you could dump thousands of pounds in the equipment an monitors and a mac, but it would not be necessary

ok thanks let me check for logic

Spoiler

on youtube there is a few but the downloads look a bit sketchy

Spoiler

woah woah woah

Most of the software are not freeware or shareware

You can of course pirate them, but we cannot encourage to do it on this forum

and anyways, most of the stuff on youtube that can be downloaded are sketchy, and if they are remorsesly close to illegal then they are dangerous 100%

First you want to learn an instrument, otherwise making music "creating" it will be not easy. For a start you could get yourself a cheaper midi, from akai i would suggest, and a basic software from steinberg or ableton or fl as everyone seems to luv it. Try to keep it under 100dollars for a starter pack, you will be set for the beginning. As you may be proceeding in producing you should definitely upgrade your stuff, but first you need to get there:)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

woah woah woah

Most of the software are not freeware or shareware

You can of course pirate them, but we cannot encourage to do it on this forum

and anyways, most of the stuff on youtube that can be downloaded are sketchy, and if they are remorsesly close to illegal then they are dangerous 100%

so what do i use?

Spoiler

First you want to learn an instrument, otherwise making music "creating" it will be not easy. For a start you could get yourself a cheaper midi, from akai i would suggest, and a basic software from steinberg or ableton or fl as everyone seems to luv it. Try to keep it under 100dollars for a starter pack, you will be set for the beginning. As you may be proceeding in producing you should definitely upgrade your stuff, but first you need to get there:)

thanks

Spoiler

so what do i use?

Sadly I cannot encourage you to go to pirate websites and download them there illegally

but what about your school? I am sure that you could ask one of the teachers to stay there with you after classes for an hour and basically introduce you to them in life, show them how does it work

Yeah, you'd be better off looking at well-known torrent sites, though not for nothing that doesn't not cost money of course. *cough*

I can't speak for logic X, but I started with fL Studio. I believe there's a demo version of it if you're ethically inclined. You don't need anything to start making music with that than a keyboard and mouse.

Ableton Live master race. FL Studio peasant race.