So I was diagnosed with cancer last week...

Kamina

I hope you all the best. 

Hopefully there'll be a time when you look upon this moment in your life and just think: "Hell yeh, I beat cancer, it might have been difficult, but I got through it.". 

Again, I wish you all the best, I really hope you can get through this man. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

prayers are with You. Fear not- remember You belong to the master race.

Good luck in getting well.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

-snip

I wish you much luck. I lost a friend to stage 4 bone cancer when I was 21 and he was 20, so unfair. Stay positive as best you can, and think of all the awesome hardware that you have to fight to see, not to mention all the WAN show f ups and bloopers and trollings on Linus to come.

Cancer is a bitch, you must backhand it like the bitch it is.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wish you much luck. I lost a friend to stage 4 bone cancer when I was 21 and he was 20, so unfair. Stay positive as best you can, and think of all the awesome hardware that you have to fight to see, not to mention all the WAN show f ups and bloopers and trollings on Linus to come.

Cancer is a bitch, you must backhand it like the bitch it is.

tumblr_m7epswNJde1rziwwco1_400.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL), cancer in my white blood cells.

What made me see a doctor? I noticed bruising and bleeding, I was getting pale and very fatique. I suspected it was some sort lymphoma or leukemia. I hestitated a bit but my lymph nodes were getting swollen and spreading fast, overcrowding my blood cells which lowered my platelates(it creates blood clots). I'd say I've had cancer for a little over a month.

It's been a rough week and have had 3 chemo sessions, I have now been discharged from the hospital and I can live peacefully at home for the time being and not be woken up every few hours for lab work and vital checks. Hospital food is the worst too.

So far my spinal fluid is clear of cancer (no cancer in brain) although will be doing LP's (Lumbar Punctures/spinal tabs) to prevent spreading of the cancer to my brain. I will be starting my second phase next month called consolidation which will be a bone marrow biopsy(to see the cancer cells, which also helped diagnosed me the same time I saw my doctor for a full bood count) and that will determine if I can go into remission or start my second phase of chemo. 

I'm 20 years old, lived a hard life and was getting my life together for once, and now I have another challlenge to face. Life hasn't given me much of a break. Just wanted to vent and have others hear my story. To make it a better story, my insurance has it all covered without limits since my parents work at a hospital. All I can do now is wait, eat well, rest, and enjoy every moment I may have left.

Shit man, I recognise your profile pic so it hits a little bit harder to hear that.

Hope you pull through man

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Damn! Sorry to hear that! 

You have my support! Fight it and kick that cancer in the balls! Stay positive, eat healthy and keep fighting! 

Get well soon!

We are all with you bro hope you make a full recovery, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well soon.

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Oh my god dude  I'm so sorry! :( I recently had a relative that died from cancer and it's awful. KICK CANCER IN THE ASS! SHOW IT WHO'S BOSS!

@LinusTech @Slick anything to say?

Life.exe is missing

Damn that sucks.. 

Im really bad at these kinds of things so i'll just say that i wish you a full recovery. :(

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Honestly I think you will make it because you caught it so fast. :)

Not much i can say that others haven't said already, but I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

I think its pretty cool of you to share something so personal to everyone of the forums here. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

that sucks. this is the reason i do f@h it should help cancer quicker. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

that sucks. this is the reason i do f@h it should help cancer quicker. 

Once I am well I want to donate a bunch of games and current gen consoles to the pediatric. They've been so kind to me and kept me under lots of care. :) They have a pretty cool "teen" room with lots of stuff to play with.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

fuck

well that's shitty......do you have a good family/friend support structure because, and im sure i speak for most of LTT forums here, we got your back

Yeah, both my parents work at a hospital with very small co-payments. I'm probably a millionaire by now with all the medical bills. My family is very supportive and educated with my situation, what I can/cannot eat, how I will need to be in a clean environment, and having me live by own needs when I really need it. You guys are awesome too, and it helps to let out some steam online while being anonymous. Those personal thoughts are hard on family members.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Wow bro, so sad yet promising. If u can build a Pc, then i guarantee u can fight cancer. very depressing to read ur initial post, but life aint fair to anybody. Just think of all the people who are worse off than u are and be grateful for what u got ( pancreatic cancer is hell of a lot worse) and take it from there. 

Good luck, prayers and best wishes sent from here across the pond in the UK.

all the best and stay positive!

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Yeah, both my parents work at a hospital with very small co-payments. I'm probably a millionaire by now with all the medical bills. My family is very supportive and educated with my situation, what I can/cannot eat, how I will need to be in a clean environment, and having me live by own needs when I really need it. You guys are awesome too, and it helps to let out some steam online while being anonymous. Those personal thoughts are hard on family members.

well dude vent away 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

My sincerest condolences...you do, however, exude the qualities of the rarified few, who make it through the awful thing...coming out a stronger, wiser person having had to endure and succeed the experience.

godspeed

Damn, hope you get better.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Leukemia tends to respond quite well to treatment. Just don't let it get to you. Your job right now is to enjoy life, as it is indeed finite, but the healthcare workers will do theirs to help you make it through this. You can do it, mate.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.