So I was diagnosed with cancer last week...

Kamina

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL), cancer in my white blood cells.

What made me see a doctor? I noticed bruising and bleeding, I was getting pale and very fatique. I suspected it was some sort lymphoma or leukemia. I hestitated a bit but my lymph nodes were getting swollen and spreading fast, overcrowding my blood cells which lowered my platelates(it creates blood clots). I'd say I've had cancer for a little over a month.

It's been a rough week and have had 3 chemo sessions, I have now been discharged from the hospital and I can live peacefully at home for the time being and not be woken up every few hours for lab work and vital checks. Hospital food is the worst too.

So far my spinal fluid is clear of cancer (no cancer in brain) although will be doing LP's (Lumbar Punctures/spinal tabs) to prevent spreading of the cancer to my brain. I will be starting my second phase next month called consolidation which will be a bone marrow biopsy(to see the cancer cells, which also helped diagnosed me the same time I saw my doctor for a full bood count) and that will determine if I can go into remission or start my second phase of chemo. 

I'm 20 years old, lived a hard life and was getting my life together for once, and now I have another challlenge to face. Life hasn't given me much of a break. Just wanted to vent and have others hear my story. To make it a better story, my insurance has it all covered without limits since my parents work at a hospital. All I can do now is wait, eat well, rest, and enjoy every moment I may have left.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

:(

(hugs)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Stay positive bro. I sincerely hope you make a full recovery.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Damn :(

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Hope you make a full recovery man, nobody deserves it. Stay positive, carry on doing what you love and make the most of every day.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I too hope you make a full recovery. My uncle has a cancer too but was discovered way too late and he has had about 15 operations in one year. He is kind of ok for now considering what he had to get through. What I can tell you is to find someone who knows a lot and I mean a lot about the food. I mean healthy food, seeds, vegetables that we usually do not consume since they dont taste good. Vegetable smooties from green vegetables and a bit of fruit. The food you consume has a great influence on how this will develop from here out. Also of course physical activity. Also stress is one of the largest contributors to cancer.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

I will pray for ya bud. Keep your head up and keep fighting. Thanks for sharing.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I'm so sorry to hear that and I pray that you get better soon. keep on with the things you Love and enjoy. hope to see you in game in another 30 years.  :)

damn hope you get better :(

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

You got your age in your favour. The younger the better.

Stay strong and don't let yourself go. I know it's easy for me to say, but stay positive and don't let this determine who you are. Stay in charge and always remember you're the boss.

Hoping the very best outcome for you.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

fuck

well that's shitty......do you have a good family/friend support structure because, and im sure i speak for most of LTT forums here, we got your back

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Thankfully you caught it in time for treatment. Three years ago I lost my dad to cancer on the 19th, fast forward to present day and I've lost my cat of 13 years on the 20th. September has been a really shitty month and cancer is something personal to me. Keep giving those cancer cells hell.

If I was of cancer size I would whole day fuk their mothers.

Sorry to hear it bro.

I can't imagine what you're going through. It must be so shitty... I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish for your quick and safe recovery :) <3

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

All I can say is that I hope you get better soon. A positive attitude helps wonders, both mentally and physically. Try to do fun things to distract yourself from your condition, as much as you can. Hang tough!

God damn, this sucks. :angry:

I hope you'll beat this, I know too many people who died from cancer.

I know of a Dutch comedian who has chronicle lymfatic leukemia, after treatment he did recover quite a bit, but he said in a show he could be with us 10 years or be gone in 2 years.

Knowing your age, you have a good chance of recovering, and I truly hope you do. :unsure:

Cheers and I hope the best! :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

You'll make it. Get your steel cojones out and kick that cancer and give a middle finger. :)

Agreed, and after he's done, he can piss on it!

Kamina, I'm thinking good thoughts for you bro, stay positive, stay strong! :)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

@Kamina

Stay confident man, you said it yourself. Not many can fight through a hard life. You did it before, you can do it this time too. Just stay positive, it's doable. I have a 5 year old niece who has been fighting leukemia for 4 years and now he is 9, he made it.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler