Best mATX Case for watercooling?

I just thought that an mATX case might fit my needs better, and I can place it in different areas in my room. I will need to cool a 4770k, with 2 780's. I need a case that has enough rad mounts to cool those things.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Don't expect good temps with the 4770k overclocked.

The Prodigy is a good mATX case. whoops

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The Prodigy is a good mATX case.

No, haswell is built around cool systems, it runs super cool overclocked at idle, and has better fan control monitoring, haswell is built for cool

The prodigy doesn't support mATX, if we are talking about the bitfenix one...

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

the prodigy is mini ITX case

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

No, haswell is built around cool systems, it runs super cool overclocked at idle, and has better fan control monitoring, haswell is built for cool

Watercooling isn't there for systems to run at idle. The temps spike as soon as it goes under load. If you look at the H100i which is a decent cooler it struggles to even hold a 4.6GHz (iirc) overclock. youtu.be/xrLtjgbga5g?t=26m14s

The prodigy doesn't support mATX, if we are talking about the bitfenix one...

Whoops, you're right.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Probably gonna go with the 350D as of now...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Does the 350D have enough room for a 55mm thick rad and 25mm thick fans for the front of the case and the top?

Does the 350D have enough room for a 55mm thick rad and 25mm thick fans for the front of the case and the top?

If I remember correctly, TTL got a 60mm rad + fans in the front and said 30mm with fans is about all that will fit in the top, depending on the motherboard.

If I remember correctly, TTL got a 60mm rad + fans in the front and said 30mm with fans is about all that will fit in the top, depending on the motherboard.

Oh, that sucks. I was planning to put a BlackIce SR1 in the front and the top. If the budget allows, can I put an SR1 (55mm thick) in the back?

Oh, that sucks. I was planning to put a BlackIce SR1 in the front and the top. If the budget allows, can I put an SR1 (55mm thick) in the back?

if using the 350D, i'd use the alphacool ST30 240 in the roof and the UT60 240 in the front.

can use a low speed fan and have copper for more thermal advantage. not taking away

from the SR1, but the core isn't actually 55 more like 40ish. built in fan shroud for better

air distribution. and i believe you'll need every cubic centimeter for capacity as that

haswell will be a hot firecracker like the FX-series, but with a better threshold.

airdeano

airdeano

Ehh. Will an mATX board look nice in a full tower? Not too big though

Ehh. Will an mATX board look nice in a full tower? Not too big though

eeeewwwww no! stop that, just in kidding'... looks like someone cheaped out

and opted for something smaller and less, even though it could be top-o'the line

mATX motherboard. we don't know completely how haswell reacts under h2o,

yet. on air it is piggish on being cool on a clock past 4.4/4.5GHz (80°+). on a

custom loop, that'd be mid50°- mid60° which to me is pretty warm and with no

GPU yet, in the loop. a single 240 H100 on steroid SP120PE can't hold it to

80° @ 4.6GHz, we got to do 'smore thermalness.

airdeano

Alright. This is gonna be a pretty long post (Well, for it it is anyways...) a week ago, I was thinking of a custom loop for my computer that I was gonna build once I have the money. My setup for that planned rig was this: 3770K/4770k, 780's in sli, maximus v extreme, and custom watercooling with 2 480 rads. With everything included in the build, that was gonna be around $5100. The build without the custom watercooling is this: 3960x, 780's in sli, rampage v formula, and an h100i. With everything in that build, it would cost around $4050. Yes, I know. The huge difference in the cost is because of the watercooling. The custom loop is going to cost me $1600 ALONE. Or should I go with an mATX build for $3500?

• 3 months later...

You should look into Fractal design arc mini R2

360 *45mm* rad in top, and thick 240 *80mm+* rad in front. But without 5.25 space if 360 rad in top, also comes with nice window.