Oracle get your act together: Another Java 0day Exploit

fletch to 99

Appearently there is another 0day exploit going around now. You can read more about it here: http://krebsonsecuri...5000-per-buyer/

More information on a potentially different exploit found by some polish security researchers can be found here: http://thenextweb.com/apps/2013/01/1...-less-to-fear/

My thoughts: Oracle should analyze the problem before putting out a patch. Java 7 u 11 was confirmed to only have fixed one of the 2 vulnerabilities which lead to the exploit in update 10. Now there's a potential of 2 exploits in update 11 perhaps more? I understand they are a big target and all but seriously?

Leave a comment below on your thoughts :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

I agree, I am just about fed up with these 0day exploits. While there is no perfect security solution in a language, Oracle needs take it up a notch and protect their users. One exploit every so often is understandable, but a constant stream of exploits is very dangerous; so much so people are disabling Java to protect themselves.

If you program you know bugs are a part of life, sure you try to prevent them but with Java, that project is so huge I wouldn't hold my breath that this bug is the last.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.