FBI concerned over iOS and Android devices encryption

James Comey, the Federal Bureau of Investigation director, said Thursday he was "concerned" over Apple and Google marketing smart phones that can't be searched by law enforcement.

"What concerns me about this is companies marketing something expressly to allow people to place themselves beyond the law," Comey told reporters. He said the bureau has reached out to Apple and Google "to understand what they're thinking and why they think it makes sense."

The move to encryption is among the latest aftershocks in the wake of NSA leaker Edward Snowden's revelations about massive US government surveillance.

Last week, Apple announced the enhanced encryption for iOS 8, which Apple says makes it impossible for the company to decrypt a locked device, even for law enforcement. While Android's encryption was optional, it works similarly. In its upcoming Android L release, encryption will be enabled by default.

Apple, Google default cell-phone encryption “concerns” FBI director

Well they're getting what they deserve IMO, they've had it coming for a while.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

with that logic we should get to see all the data they own.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Snowden, what a......better not say what I wanted to say

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Yeah! "Concerned" ..  Imagine if Snowden did't come out with the info.. y'all probably on all your fours lubing up with your own handpicked government standing behind your asses saying that the it's for the right cause & this is the cost for democracy & freedom.. it's like the "freedom guardians" are saying that  " Hey Look, it's not rape it's just that i'm having so much fun...but it's not okay when you struggle so much when i'm trying to get you do what i want..."

Most of you guys haven't yet realized it to this day, How critical Snow's presence was & is to our world , even though this guy exposed a pretty decent chunk of information that risked a lot & a hefty lot , he did it with such surgical expertise & good will & the sheer scale of courage to do & go against everything he stood for & incredibly detailed precision inorder to shed light on a medevial methodical mass regulation & control over the information, for the sake of people that are mordern day slaves to this , even to this day, even while you're reading this ,

when your own government does & act worse than the terrosrist they're up against considering their own citizens as threat while excluding themselves from same criteria , it's a mess,

Details separate people.

Actually not a bad point.

they can look at my data and 1. thats fine and 2. almost illegal if i encrypt it but if i look at their data it's a one way trip to prison. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Good, if everyone has their privacy respected at one time it is not longer possible to point fingers at the few who take it for themselves and try to assume they are criminals.

go back to lurking :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Lol keep concerning. They will never see my Z:/ drive. :P

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

I am also concerned that people don't have automatic routers that reconfigure themselves and show their current WPA key on an LCD display or Satellite modems that don't have a small robot that realign them every time they're not working, I mean shit what am I supposed to do here everyday, do my fucking job and help all this people? Fuck that why can't my job be done by itself!?

-------

Current Rig

-------

That small, devious part of my mind has to wonder if all these espionage agencies are just bluffing about all these big telecom companies suddenly encrypting their data when really nothing is actually changed.  Populace uneasy, pull the propaganda lever.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Good. At this point I am ok with just about anything that makes the government mad.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro