4790K 5.0Ghz Safe Voltage?

So I have my 4790K overclocked to 5.0Ghz right now with 1.39 volts, is that safe? (Sorry if that is a dumb question, haven't done this stuff very long)

What are your temps? In all likelihood that is too much voltage to use as an every day OC.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Depends on your cooling solution, OP. What are your temps looking like?

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

It's definitely on the high side. Even if you have the temperature under control I still wouldn't go that high for everyday use tbh. But congratulations on a nice OC there, that's pretty impressive for Haswell.

I have 4.6 with 3.58v!!! U got a great chip!

But you should see if your average temps are below 80C after a benchmark (average, not high or low)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

But you should see if your average temps are below 80C after a benchmark (average, not high or low)

How do you apply that much voltage to your CPU without killing it?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Wow, that was a fast response thanks everyone. Umm...my temps are 77-79 with my kraken x60 going balls to the wall!

3.58v has to be a typo. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

wait... 3.58 volts? that can't be right, surely.

i think he meant .358volts or 1.358 volts

OP thats a bit too high,unless you watercool or have some sort of beast aircooler that can keep it under 85~ max load then you should lower it,the cpu might pop ;)

Wow, that was a fast response thanks everyone. Umm...my temps are 77-79 with my kraken x60 going balls to the wall!

I'd say it's too high for me personally. I believe intel says under 1.5v is fine but for me personally I go up to 1.3v and see how far the frequency will go while remaining stable.

As you play around with it and read more info you'll make your own decision on how far to go but i'd stick to the lesser until then just to be safe (this is assuming you are going for a 24/7 overclock). 

Guys...He wants to know if it's safe, not if it's recommended.

Get it together

As for OP's question, i have absolutely no idea, i'm really no good at voltages...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

3.58v has to be a typo. 

i think he meant .358volts or 1.358 volts

OP thats a bit too high,unless you watercool or have some sort of beast aircooler that can keep it under 85~ max load then you should lower it,the cpu might pop ;)

WOW ME AND TYPOS TODAY!!!!

I MEANT 1.358v

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What a great chip you have. Mine won't run stable at 4.9GHz even with 1.40v, and the temp skyrockeys to 90+C. :ph34r:

So I have my 4790K overclocked to 5.0Ghz right now with 1.39 volts, is that safe? (Sorry if that is a dumb question, haven't done this stuff very long)

it's safe for benchmarking, for 24/7 use if you want the chip to last a couple years i'd suggest bringing it down to 1.3v max.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'd say it's too high for me personally. I believe intel says under 1.5v is fine but for me personally I go up to 1.3v and see how far the frequency will go while remaining stable.

As you play around with it and read more info you'll make your own decision on how far to go but i'd stick to the lesser until then just to be safe (this is assuming you are going for a 24/7 overclock). 

Guys...He wants to know if it's safe, not if it's recommended.

Get it together

As for OP's question, i have absolutely no idea, i'm really no good at voltages...

What a great chip you have. Mine won't run stable at 4.9GHz even with 1.40v, and the temp skyrockeys to 90+C. :ph34r:

it's safe for benchmarking, for 24/7 use if you want the chip to last a couple years i'd suggest bringing it down to 1.3v max.

Thanks for all the help guys, it survived the stress test pretty good but itactually crashed in the middle of the night during a long gaming session....so I sadly had to bring it down a bit!  <_<

Right now I'm running 4.8ghz at 1.29 volts

Thanks for all the help guys, it survived the stress test pretty good but itactually crashed in the middle of the night during a long gaming session....so I sadly had to bring it down a bit!  <_<

Right now I'm running 4.8ghz at 1.29 volts

That is a good chip, I need 1.31v to get 4.8.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro