Vitalius' "Goodbye for now" game giveaway~! [CLOSED]

Hi guys,

So I've decided to take a prolonged stay away from the forums. This is to focus my life on accomplishing my dreams (I spend far too much time on this forums as evidenced by my post count). And it will start at 6PM CST on 9/26/2014 (after I make sure the winners of this giveaway get their stuff), which is incidentally 1 hour after this giveaway ends.

Now, before I list the games you can win, let me tell you how you enter. It's really simple, but very hard at the same time. I want you to tell me your dreams. By dreams, I mean what you want to accomplish in this life. I don't want generic stuff. I want a story. I want to know why you want to be what you want to be, i.e. the events that lead to that decision. Obviously leave out things you feel uncomfortable sharing or is inappropriate (SFW only). Being vague is fine for that. 

If you say you don't have a dream, realize that it doesn't matter if you believe it's possible or not. That isn't a requirement. But I want serious submissions only (i.e. your dreams are seriously what you want).

A good example is that one of my dreams is to see Angel Falls. The tallest free-falling water fall in the world in Venezuela. I want to experience that. Here is what it looks like. I also want to visit the tree bridges on the plateau of Cherrapunji. Those are epic. I could go on. You get the idea. However, I also had a deep-seeded dream as a child that, for whatever reason, I wanted to die to save the world. For the ones I love. My family & such. I'm not sure why, but it's the one I wanted (past tense) more than anything as a kid. 

The dreams I'm focusing on by not being here aren't the above ones, but the above ones will be possible once I do what I need to.

Anyway, here's the format for the giveaway:

Dream:
Why you can't do it (3 minimum):
Why you can (3 minimum):
What lead to you wanting to do it:​

So bring it on. I'll read them all. 

Note that I will post who won what and if you guys want to trade, PM each other or wtv if you wish. If you wish to post your dream, but don't want to be in the giveaway, just say so and I'll read your dream but not put you in the giveaway.

Here are the games available to be won:

• Long Live The Queen <Like a Visual Novel/Dating Sim type game, but it's a lot darker and better than you'd expect. I seriously enjoyed it, but I'm an Otaku, so that's how that goes.
  • Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
  • Just Cause
  • Just Cause 2
  • The Last Remnant <This is pretty cool since it's an army turn based JRPG. By Square Enix so if you like Final Fantasy, you may like this.
  • Tropico 3
  • Warlock - Master of the Arcane
  • The Sims 3 (with Date Night, High End Loft Stuff, & Late Night keys)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Payday The Heist

Everything is through Steam except for Sims 3 obviously.

Please share this by pasting the link in your status updates so more people can see it. It's only on for 23 hours, so as much exposure as it can get is preferred, thanks.

Here's some of the stuff that's caused me to do this btw:

TL;DR for the video: Guy diagnosed as educable mentally retarded (he says so in the video) who never knew his parents basically tells you how he became successful. i.e. millionaire "has completed his dream" kind of successful. Similar stories are told by many successful people. Learn from it, and live it and you may be like them.

Important quotes from that video:

No one could've convinced me when I started out just over 6 years ago working on my dream, and I want you to think about whatever your dream is, because I was willing to take a chance. And most people won't do that. Most people that you talk to trying to bring them into the business; these are not risk takers. Most people have done all that they are ever going to do. They raise a family; they  earn a living; and then they die. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

(After about an hour, it finally is complete)

I have a dream. A very basic dream, yet, very complex at the same time. This dream could be me, it could pertain to me, but it will be difficult to achieve in the 100 short years I'll likely be alive on this earth. 

So, what is my dream, you might ask. 

To control time.

Yep, like a time traveler.

Why I cant:

Someone else beat me to the punch. No matter what I do/how hard I'll try he'll be able to go back and time and prevent me from ever controlling time. Who might this man be? Well, I have a few ideas, but here is the main thought I have.

The main theory I have as to whom beat me to the punch is depicted to be "God". Now, those of you who believe in him will probably disagree entirely, but, I like to believe this a lot more than I do the fact that there is someone immortal always watching us. So, a long time ago the human race took a run at things, sort of like things today. We got into our fair share of heated arguments; a few short wars later, and with the help of a few nuclear warheads, the human race was almost destroyed. 

There were very few people left in the world at this point, most of whom were in bunkers hidden from the outside world, hoping to create a device that would be able to revive the human race. After a few years of heated speculation, and as elements ran low, the project was finally completed. Time and space was now able to be manipulated by one man, but they had to choose a man who was innocent, virtuous, and magnanimous. So, they chose a man, named YHWH (see: ancient Hebrew spelling). He traveled back in time to find a time before humans were created, and took with him a man who had been kept in a containment bunker nearby, whose name was Adam. Upon travelling back in time with Adam, he found that he had gone too far back in time. Before plants & animals. He had to travel back ahead in time when there were such things. Now, to Adam, it appeared as though YHWH had placed the mountains, skies, oceans, plants, and animals there himself (Although in reality they were developing all by themselves). Once YHWH had found a suitable time period for Adam to thrive in, he remembered something; the scientists never gave him a woman to have Adam mate with. He searched around, trying to find Adam a mate, when he realized he could just travel back and grab another woman who was being contained in the bunker as well, whose name was Eve. 

As YHWH returned back to Adam, awkwardly enough the portal through time went through Adam's body. It looked to Adam as though YHWH had just created this woman from the contents of one of his ribs. From here, the human race moved onwards. Adam and Eve had children, and eventually the human race was thriving once again, with a newfound belief in this godly figure. 

As time went on, the space time continuum had been altered, and erased almost entirely. The scientists that had created the time traveling device, as well as every single human being that had preceded them had been lost in time itself. Even YHWH will never be able to return to them, and he will never be able to see what led up to those terrible wars. Seeing as to that eternity had taken place before the one we are all currently experiencing now, I refer to it as the past. 

Why I can: 

Every system has its flaws. All of Persia crumbled from two small city-states. An entire empire falling because they didn't have a sufficient navy. So why can't I destroy the system designed by one man? Maybe he has become driven mad with power, so maybe he'll pass down the power to me (maybe I can thumb wrestle him for it?) Realistically speaking, I'll have to do a lot more research into quantum physics, and I'll have to do a lot more in-depth thinking before I'll be able to overthrow this tyrant, but hey -- it's possible.

What led me to wanting to do it:

I was thinking one afternoon, that if you control time, you control the world. If you can control this world, then why can't you control others? Having the power to control time will allow the human race to explore in places never explored before. We can recklessly send spacecrafts containing people to other planets, and if it doesn't work out, then we can go back in time before we tried, and seek another option. Imagine, you could become the perfect dictator of the entire world. Never, ever, will you make the wrong decision. You will be able to solve the issues of every person, and everything. Wouldn't that be great? Everyone having someone they can rely on to solve their problems; having someone to rely on to answer their prayers, and have someone to rely on to save them, even in the darkest of times.

//ccap

My dream is to MEET LMG....

I really cannot do it practically anytime in the near future, because, well, I still have to finish school and the dumb tech shows and stuff only happen during school days!!!

I can if i can go to computex in the future, but really, I dont think thats ever happening till I graduate.

What led me? Well, I guess watching Linus' coverage of shows (I only like the coverage from 2012-2013, I felt that this year there were barely any videos for PAX!)

And I do want to be in the giveaway...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

My dream is to meat LMG....

for some reason I get weird mental images from this typo.  :D

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Dream: Building PCs or being IT

Why I can't:

Right now I can't really do it because I'm in school still, I actually have Spiritual Emphasis Day tomorrow :o

Doesn't help that I'm underexperienced, I know more then your average 11th grader, probably a lot more, but not enough to land me a job.

Time constraints are a big issue, as previously stated I'm in school as well as being employed, so I'm pretty busy most of the time.

Why I can:

Well I like to build stuff, I guess that's why I have the majority of the popular minecraft modpack launchers on my PC. One thing that definitely helps is I like to have everything perfect, which means that I will most likely go to the ends of the earth to make a PC look nice, or something work. Because if it doesn't work properly, it just bothers me. I think the easiest one to come up with (and probably would coincide with most people around here) is that I like it. If your dream is to do a job, but you don't like it, well why was it your dream in the first place?!

What lead me to wanting to do this:

It was a dark and stormy night, wind whipping through the trees and rain pounding on the roof. Wait, what... Wrong story. Anyways, so in grade 9 my PC my uncle had given me (AMD Athlon X4 955 BE + 2*HD 4770) was getting a little slow. I wanted to be able to play all the latest games. I started planning out my first build, to be honest it was ridiculous. This was before I knew nothing about tech, althought I did watch linus's videos (didn't quite understand some of them though). Well over the course of about a year I changed my build up here and there, eventually obtaining what I have now. I got in on the scene just after the 780 Ti released, meaning the 780's had just got down in price, this was quite beneficial towards achieving my goal considering my previously planned card had been a 760. Anyways, after building my PC and all the other crap, I had to RMA the motherboard. Once I finally got it back ~3 weeks later I put it all back together and it worked fine. This is what lead me to want to eventually do IT or build PC's for a living, it is the most fun I have doing ANY activity. And when you love your job, you get to look forward to work.

@ONOTech

Can I join xD?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Dream: I have a dream to make my very own video game. I'm not sure what type yet, but it needs to be something awesome. I plan on going to university next year to learn computer science which should make me into a great programmer and will have to work on art in my spare time if I don't want it to look terrible. I would share this game with everyone I know and have an open beta for it, maybe even on this forum :D Then I would release it and not do anything that the terrible video game manufacturers are doing today (i.e. micro-transactions, dlc that should have came with the game, etc.) This is what I dream about doing everyday and what motivates me to learn more about computers and software.

Obstacles: It is a massive amount of work and I don't know how much time I'll have to spare in my future. I might not be a very good programmer or designer so it might have to be a collaboration for my first 'real' game. I may or may not be employed while making it, so a way to make an income off it like an early release or kickstarter might be require, however I'd rather not go down that path.

Why I can: I am going to learn how to do most of the programming in university, I am very passionate about video games because I spend most of my time playing them and thinking about how awesome it would be to play a game with my friends that I made would be so rewarding as a game developer.

What lead to you wanting to do it:​ I play video games and for a long time I didn't think much about how they we're made, but then I heard someone has to write code for a computer in a computer language that makes everything happen. Every step your character takes, every weapon swing and animation was all made by another person. This made me want to be that person, the one's who brought me endless amount of joy in my childhood and hopefully for the rest of my life.

My dream is to do something interesting, something that I feel good about and that I think makes the world a better place. Something like becoming a developer, or a network architect, something like that. I can't really do it now because I'm a kid, at school, that can't really legally work. I can and I do learn stuff about that, and that's one of the things I think makes my dream possible, it's not that hard, but the right moment hasn't come yet. This dream comes from my interests, I like technology and I see it as an amazing tool that can make our life's very easy.

I will miss you man, your status updates were something I enjoyed, and I found out some interesting things in them. You will be missed, but never forgotten, come back any day you want man, I look foward to it.

i'm a potato

-snip-

-snip-

Not what I meant. Here:

Dream: I have a dream to make my very own video game. I'm not sure what type yet, but it needs to be something awesome. I plan on going to university next year to learn computer science which should make me into a great programmer and will have to work on art in my spare time if I don't want it to look terrible. I would share this game with everyone I know and have an open beta for it, maybe even on this forum :D Then I would release it and not do anything that the terrible video game manufacturers are doing today (i.e. micro-transactions, dlc that should have came with the game, etc.) This is what I dream about doing everyday and what motivates me to learn more about computers and software.

Obstacles: It is a massive amount of work and I don't know how much time I'll have to spare in my future. I might not be a very good programmer or designer so it might have to be a collaboration for my first 'real' game. I may or may not be employed while making it, so a way to make an income off it like an early release or kickstarter might be require, however I'd rather not go down that path.

Why I can: I am going to learn how to do most of the programming in university, I am very passionate about video games because I spend most of my time playing them and thinking about how awesome it would be to play a game with my friends that I made would be so rewarding as a game developer.

What lead to you wanting to do it:​ I play video games and for a long time I didn't think much about how they we're made, but then I heard someone has to write code for a computer in a computer language that makes everything happen. Every step your character takes, every weapon swing and animation was all made by another person. This made me want to be that person, the one's who brought me endless amount of joy in my childhood and hopefully for the rest of my life.

That's a perfect example of what I mean. The "Why I Can" aren't things you don't have but need to do it, but rather qualities about yourself that will aid you in completing your dream, or specific plans you have for the immediate future to make your dream real.

Here's an example from me,

Dream/goal: Have the body I want. i.e. healthy, strong, etc.

Why I can't: I love sugar. I lack self control when eating food. I eat food because I enjoy it, and not because I actually need to eat. I am sedentary as I spend lots of time sitting at my computer (the Oculus + Omni will help that a looot I imagine, specifically for Day Z).

Why I can: I am good at changing myself. I am a creature of extremes meaning I can switch from all to nothing without being bothered by it much, if at all. I have the knowledge on how to accomplish this goal or at least start accomplishing it in the form of the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead".

Why I want it: I have tingles in my body that shouldn't be there. I'd almost classify them as miniature strokes, but I'm no doctor. Sharp pains around my heart. Numb feelings around my head/shoulders, etc. I don't want to die or be disabled as a young adult (20's). I want this goal. Bad.

So bad that I'm eating Raw Spanish Peanuts right now and I'm drinking Vegetable & Fruit juice. I'm consuming nothing else for a while. This is just one reason I need to be away from the forum. Managing all the stuff I need to accomplish all my goals & dreams will require my full focus & all my time.

@Jerakl, I updated this bit^

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not what I meant. Here:

That's a perfect example of what I mean. The "Why I Can" aren't things you don't have but need to do it, but rather qualities about yourself that will aid you in completing your dream, or specific plans you have for the immediate future to make your dream real.

Aight m8. I will edit accordingly.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

My ego boost has just skyrocketed & I'm in space, thanks V & I hope your dream comes true.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I want to meet LMG.

I can't because I don't live Vancouver.

I can if I go to CES or something like it.

I like LMG videos.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I have a dream! my dream is that i will "get a life". I would like to become less relent on electronics for comfort when life puts me down. The internet is my safe zone, and I need to "get out of my comfort zone" to experience life. As I am only 15, I dont have lots of experience, and I cannot live life by sitting at my desk all day and dreaming of hardware. The motto of my school this year is actually "Dream On!". I cannot leave the comfort of my little "haven" because I am surrounded by too many people who think the same think as me (as shown above). First of all, I am surrounded by "techies" and people interested in technology, letting go of all this would mean leaving them. Another reason is because I am addicted to electronics/internet/hardware. I cant stop thinking about any of this. And the last reason that I cannot leave this mythological "internet" is because people listen to my ideas, my hopes and apparently now my dreams as well. People on the interwebs are not mean or stupid. People on the internet are accepting. For example: when I published this; http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/217258-whats-it-like-having-two-legs/page-4?hl=one+leg#entry2987446 "whats it like having two legs, all that i revived was kind and funny replies. I can achieve this If i let all of my valued things go. I have spent too much money and time doing these things, and I need to stop. I don't necessarily want to win anything, but it was nice to share my story with you all. Thanks for reading!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Dream: Create a new piece technology that is both revolutionary, and may have a impact one peoples life, making their life easier and potential more thrilling. I want to make a difference in peoples life by using my knowledge and skills. 

Why I can't do it (yet) :

1. Im still in High school, although that doesn't really stop me much from thinking about it.    

2. I have not actually come with this new "device/technology"  

3. I want to learn more about people and society as well as new skills before actually trying to make anything big. 

Why I can:

1. I'm very critical and I'm always trying to think of a way to improve what doesn't work.  Not to mention I have a love for technology already. 

2. I have this burning fire to do something "important" and pay my debt to society one day.    

3. The era we live in now is setting up the future, a future we will be in control of and I now is the time to be thinking about how we can improve the future not just for ourselves but for future generations. I believe in the next few years it will be the perfect time to launch this revolutionary device and as well as develop it. 

How did I decide I wanted to do this:

My inspiration comes from all the great thinkers of the 20th century, in particular those involved in the computer revolution, they dreamed up new inventions and risked it all hoping to improve the world while still trying make a dollar (actually a lot of dollars :P ) And a large part of this inspiration was from reading Steve Job's biography, it really made me think, despite my lack of liking for Jobs his story was quite remarkable and side from his attitude I wish and I want to do something like he has done, but maybe a lesser scale - I don't want to dream that big. (yet) 

Its too bad we are loosing yet another great member, and I'm sure its not that easy to but unfortunate we must make those tough decisions at many points in our lifetime. Your lack of presence will surly be noticed. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

(warning, still in school so dreams may be a bit short-sighted, but I don't care what you think)

Dream: My dream is to be a Computer Hardware Engineer. I don't know if that is even a legitimate job or something you can get to through a conventional college path, but I will find a way to get there eventually because I always do. Anyway, I want to design and build parts for computers. Not just building computers, but I want to be involved in say the development of a new graphics card or the next generation of CPU's. I want to help radically change the world of computer hardware and make it a more advanced place. I want to be able to work on the newest GPU or the newest CPU. I don't exactly want to be a famous developer or anything, but I do want to be involved in pushing forward on the bleeding edge of technology. I want to be able to assist with Valve and Steam. I want a comfortable and secure job in this business so that I can work hard and be happy during the day and go home to a loving family at night.
Reasons I can't do it:
I have one of the worst work ethics ever
I have very skewed priorities
I'm cripplingly bad at math, an essential part to pretty much every engineering and design major ever
I need to get into and out of college without crippling debt
I can't seem to use my knowledge to it's full potential. Like, I'm really smart, but I'm really bad at school.
Reasons I can do it:
I'm an over comer
I always rise to the challenge
When I fail, I pick up the pieces, learn from my mistakes, and try again harder.
My mind works in a wonderfully different way from other peoples. I think differently and therefore I handle situations and solve problems differently than others.
I have unique Ideas and ideals. I see things differently than other people do.
I have a unique skillset and I can learn just about anything if I really try
What led me to have this dream:
I've always been someone that's been ahead of the curve when it comes to tech news, and when I built my computer I kind of realized that I would be perfectly content with a job and life focused around computers. It's just something I know and am infinitely interested about and Its something I think about all the time. I know this is probably really generic but it genuinely came from the bottom of my heart and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

I don't want to join the giveaway for the same reason you're leaving the forum, video games sap my time too much :P

However, I wanted to wish you good luck with your dreams and in case you'd want to, recommend you a program called Cold Turkey that blocks certain sites and executable files from your computer for a specific time: http://getcoldturkey.com/

Sometimes it's the only way for me to stay off social media/forums/steam, you name it.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Aw, you're really leavin'.  :(

Here's my entry m8

Dream:
  • Play music for a living and travel the world. I don't care how much money I make, I just wanna travel the world doing the thing I love to do.
Why you can't do it (3 minimum):
  • Going to school currently, so I need to finish doing that.
  • Money is also another issue, though I mentioned I don't care how much I make. I just need enough to survive on, which is rare to happen in the music I play.
  • Patience, because I have none. What I mean is, people are very vocal about their opinions, and I hate seeing people's snarky and unnecessary "opinions" on music. For example, if you're not a fan of a band, don't 'like' their Facebook page and troll everything they post.
Why you can (3 minimum):
  • I just joined a band who's moderately successful/popular on the south eastern side of Georgia and they play music I like.
  • Although I'm introverted, I like being in front of a crowd who's pumped about the music I'm playing.
  • I played shows all the time before I started college, in multiple bands so I have experience and know a little bit about how the music industry works. It's a tough world, but I'm willing to try.
What lead to you wanting to do it:​
  • A friend of mine showed me how to play a few chords on the guitar years back, and I've gotten into music more and more ever since. Eventually I got into metal because it felt more natural to me, and the band I'm in currently sounds like Hatebreed but a little more on the Metalcore side, which is amazazing.

I want to work at a Computer Store like Micro Center and help people with their needs and sell products that are great for them. The reason I can't do this is I am in high school and I need to focus on school work. Also I can't do it because I travel between New York to New Jersey every weekend. I can do this is over the past 2 years of being "In the know" about computers, I've gained quite a bit of knowledge by doing tons of research and being on the forum. I feel comfident enough that I can use that knowledge to help others.

What led to making me want to do this was about 2 weeks ago. I was at Micro Center shopping around for a couple of things. I was in the mouse section and there was a guy there that was looking for a new mouse. He said that his Logitech G500 had died and he needed a replacement. I suggested to him that he should get the G502 proteus core as a replacement anf I went extremely in depth as to why he should get it. Afterwards he was sold on getting it and he thanked me.

My preference of game is Just Cause 2, and I will miss you very much :/

Life.exe is missing

I am a dreamer, i day dream a lot. But there's nothing in life that is so distant from me that i can only imagine it in my dreams. Or in 90% of the situations, money would solve the 'Why I can't'-part of the dream. Or it's just plain stupid outlandish stuff like having superpowers and stuff. :D

Nontheless, nice giveaway idea! For how long will you be gone?

who cares...

My life dream is to be able to create or do something that has enough impact that I can have at least something to leave behind to show that my little futile existence was here. (Perhaps a little too philosophical?)

*But I think that's most peoples dream as well...

My not as grand dream that I still really want to happen though is being able to move to, live, and have employment in Japan

Some of the big issues standing in my way currently are having to finish school and get some sort of base for my life going as well as the money involved, so there's a big chance that I could get caught up trying to get te stuff ready to do so that I never end up going. The other main issues that I would face would be at some point possibly giving up my American citizenship, which even though I'm not the biggest fan of the U.S. they do have a lot of sway a lot of places, as well as the not so welcomingness of a lot of Japanese to foreign people. Oh yea, the language barrier is a bit of a big issue, but I've been teaching myself Japanese for qutie a while now and have been getting somewhere with it, so hopefully by the time I'd be able to that wouldn't be a big issue. (I also have a lot more to learn about Japan as a whole and have been slowing learning more about it's history, culture, customs etc. though it's a long process, so I'm still not too giant knowledgeable about a lot of things, but I a least have gotten rid of some stupid lies that I thought of as truth!) The reasons that I should be able to accomplish it even if it is a big task is that I really do like the actual Japan not just what's shown in an anime or something like a lot of people do even with it's many issues. I also am not really a huge fan of living in the U.S. myself with all the crazy crap that happens here, which may sound pretty dumb since plenty of people want to be here, crazy I know, but I don't really think I'll ever really be happy in the U.S., so I also have the fact that I want to leave the U.S. and go somewhere else at the very least on my side too. I also happen to have the fact that I'm a pretty good up and commin software engineer on my side with experience programing custom built robots as well, which when Japan makes giant mechs in the near future, come on we all want it to xD, might come in handy, plus all the actual robotics stuff that takes place. I actually first wanted to go to Japan when I was little mostly just because it seemed so weird to me which I thought made it super cool, my aunt lives in Japan so when she visited every once in a great while she would show pictures and bring a few things. As I grew up and learned more about both countries, the U.S. & Japan, I definitely found out which one I seemed to like more. Presently I'm saving up enough money to goto Japan for two weeks or so at some point to actually walk around, be a tourist kind of, but at the same time try to find out if I really do like it there and try to build off of that. I know that my dream there probably sounds a little silly, since I can go find a 1,000 other people on the forum that will say that they want to too, but I hope and am working toward making it into a reality and not just a dream.

* Good luck on following your dream Vitalus, I'll miss all of your status updates and anime suggestions but it's nothing if you get to accomplish what you want to. Hopefully you still pop up from time to time like you say you will, and I'm sure you will, since you're an interesting guy. I don't want to keep this almost Obituary post going any longer than this, but see you around and good job on having one of the most interesting going away from the forums thing I've seen. (Glad it's not about how terrible everyone is like all the rest and you have an actual reason!)

Z9WrxlT.gif

I didn't want to be redundant to my post on the status earlier, but it's still way too fitting for you.

3804402-3494998898-OE9fL.gif

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Nontheless, nice giveaway idea! For how long will you be gone?

No clue. Could be months. Could be years. I'm saying that completely seriously. 

There's a lot I want. And it will take a lot of work which means a lot of time and effort. It just depends on what opportunities I'm given, am able to bank on, and such. 

† Christian Member †

No clue. Could be months. Could be years. I'm saying that completely seriously. 

There's a lot I want. And it will take a lot of work which means a lot of time and effort. It just depends on what opportunities I'm given, am able to bank on, and such. 

Wow that sounds serious. Almost sounds like you are 30. Is it so hard for you to manage LTT time and 'life goal time'? I can totally understand that, i struggle myself in the exam season. :D

Well anyways, take your time and go for it! :) I allways appreciated your presence on the forums and you will definiteley be missed.

who cares...

WASN'T ASKEW NOT ENOUGH?!?!?!?!?!, WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!

ok seriously this isn't funny, i get this place i really good for procrastination purposes, extremely good i must say, so it is a distraction for IRL stuff, i get that, but making this type of threads annoys me, because i feel making public goodbye threads is not something that should be done, if you aren't visiting the site anymore i think a PM to friends is better that this, though adding a giveaway to it, does changes thing a bit

here is the my dream whit that out of the way

to stop being afraid of change (its going to get all the feels because this come from deep within myself), yeah my dream is to be more open to change, i'm a very but very unsocial person irl, i have zero friend irl so going trough life almost alone is hard because i have no confidence in my brother, he's a legitimate asshole, he does not think his actions against others well, though i shouldn't trash on him, he is on a better path that i am so i guess you could say i'm sort of bothered by it since i'm older that him, also my mother has a very weird condition that translate to essentially a useless back paired whit fibromialge which cause chronicles pains in the muscle (though that TL;DR its complex her condition) and to top it my dad is not a reliable person at all, combining this, and every peace of mind you get is golden

why i can't do it: well you don't have to go very far to see why, i pretty much stated my reasons above, it very very hard to move forward or change something for the better when you have something like this happen, it feels everything is against you, even those that have tried to help

why i can: because i have to change in order to have a life, i'm 21 living whit my mom, and most of the time i stay in here front of my computer doing things on the net just to do something, pretty much the definition of basement guy, the only difference i'm on a room and not basement, next week i'm going to a shrink and i'm also starting to learn code, because computer are the thing i like the most, and is what i know more so turning sitting here into something more positive would be much better, i know is going to be hard, but if something my asshole brother has leave me clear is that without sacrifice, there's no progress

i know this post is very long for my liking but is the truth and this thread give enough motivation to vent, which i really needed so actually thanks for making this @Vitalius

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I don't know if this is over but good luck vit, have fun man.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla