Location Of PC

Monti

Missing option : IN a desk.
I have a compartment that closes with a glass door, in which I can put my PC case in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

then it does not qualify as a PC anymore :D

That's because it's more akin to a sensory deprivation tank than a case.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Missing option : IN a desk.

I have a compartment that closes with a glass door, in which I can put my PC case in.

Isn't that bad for cooling?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

My sits on beside me, on the desk

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

on top of my desk. it was on the floor but cat hair killed one of my fans

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

I keep my kid's computer on the floor.  It's encased in that newfangled H440, so it has tall feet...  but it still sits atop a wood plank that has the same length and depth as the computer case.  It helps it breathe and not get quite so full of carpet fuzz. 

Every PC with a window should sit on top of a desk, no matter if 350D or 900D :) So yeah, mine is on the desk. (unless of course you don't have the space, which would be sad :()

No room on my giant desk.

There is an iMac g4, g27, and dual monitor

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My humble (not so) little 200R sits on the floor in the corner, not that it would fit on top of my desk anyways.  I have barely enough room to run a dual monitor setup.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I would put mine on the my desk but I think the NZXT 210 is too big for the space I have

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

On the shelf 

rcEItmYl.jpg

That's pretty cool. Like the build color and a different placement of tower.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

wish i could put mine on desk because ground might be cooler but it also has the most dust.

Isn't that bad for cooling?

Not really. From on top of the desk to inside, it's about 5°C difference on IDLE. I also did make some venting holes on the side of the desk, to help airflow getting in and out of the compartment. (the back is also open and air can get through the front door the way it made, with the sides and bottom having a slight gap)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Generally it's better to elevate your case above the ground. Helps reduce dust build up in case since dust settles on the ground (obviously). Also, neing in a raised position can help with airflow which will in turn improve temps and make your PC run better for longer.

On the floor, sitting on a couple of really bad books that I don't care for. Keeps it quieter and nicer looking, an it's not a windowed case so doesn't matter if I can see it or not.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Underneath desk. Anyone else?

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

On the dusty floor, beside my 4kW Sony Component System...

I need to clean it soon...

My monitors,keyboard,mouse, and speakers are on top of my glass table and my PC is to the right of me on top of a wooden table(I really need to get it stained as it has no finish yet!).

my PC is a laptop and it sits on my mattress. i don't have a desk. or...a room, exactly. ha ha. i have a tower that no longer works and it is on the floor beside the mattress.

If laptop, then on my desk, lap, or sitting on the couch next to me. If desktop, on the floor. I'm sharing a desk with my mother right now and only have juuuuussst enough room for my screen, keyboard, mouse, and a drink.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM