Nvidia ‘Big Daddy’ Maxwell GM200 GPU Alleged Specs Leaked – GTX 980 Ti or GTX Titan X?

So it means its a non credible rumor?

Given there is a reliable backup source, it's meh. The suggested specs are reasonable.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hoe can you "ti" something that's already sitting at max cudas lol?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Hoe can you "ti" something that's already sitting at max codes lol?

GM204's full spec is 2560 cores. The 980 comes with 2048 active. It's quite simple really. Ship chips with fully unlocked GM204 and you get 980TI.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

GM204's full spec is 2560 cores. The 980 comes with 2048 active. It's quite simple really. Ship chips with fully unlocked GM204 and you get 980TI.

Umm I read the 980 was already sitting at full GM204.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

512-bit bus, 7000MHz memory, 750 more cores, same clock rate... Yeah 50% stronger sounds about right.

lol, it's not a 512bus on this rumored card, it's 384, the memory has been 7000 since last gen so whatever. SLI 980/ 1 990 will still be faster.

Umm I read the 980 was already sitting at full GM204.

Nope. Nvidia never releases a fully unlocked card out of the gate, and if AMD doesn't push them, they won't. http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/200061/nvidia-gm204-and-gm206-to-tape-out-in-april-products-to-launch-in-q4.html

Nope. Nvidia never releases a fully unlocked card out of the gate, and if AMD doesn't push them, they won't. http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/200061/nvidia-gm204-and-gm206-to-tape-out-in-april-products-to-launch-in-q4.html

GM204 is as unlocked as GM204 will ever get, and it's already in the 980.  Anything else will be based on GM200 and GM206.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

lol, it's not a 512bus on this rumored card, it's 384, the memory has been 7000 since last gen so whatever. SLI 980/ 1 990 will still be faster.

Sorry, I meant to say "with 512... It's possible to have a 50% performance boost" and at that point the memory bandwidth will have gone up too.

GM204 is as unlocked as GM204 will ever get, and it's already in the 980. Anything else will be based on GM200 and GM206.

And then there's the GK 210 waiting in the wings. Seems like 28nm is going to be around a while.

It's a rumor mill and a news article recycler basically. No credible journalism.

I AM THE TITAN X RUMOR MILL

lol

Thats what you were talking about, :)

btw that "X" looks like it was put on in MS paint. :P

It was. I made the rumor myself remember :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't like how fro the 600 sites onwards Nvidia gas been releasing their"high end gps" as the high end only to release even better ones a couple of months later when everyone has already invested in the first ones.

GTX 980ti?  Don't mind if I do!

The original name for GK110 was GK100, but GK100 was scrapped and GK110 was the revision. Hence the naming scheme, GM200. The successor to GK100. 

Okay cool, thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now.

It won't be called Titan because it's not Kepler they probably use another name.
The reason why it was called Titan is because it uses the same GPU as the TITAN supercomputer.
And a 980Ti makes only sense if they do a die shrink for the next series other wise it will be a 1000 series card.

RTX2070OC 

this would make sense as a competitor to R9-390X (if that rumor is true anyways)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Having bought a 980 I'm hoping that this is reserved for the next series, or at least that 390X isn't enough to out do 980 to force nvidias hand on some form of early release. Assuming that there will be 2 generations of Maxwell (not including 750/Ti and the few cards in 800M) they need to be pulling some extra performance for the top end cards and unless they are working on yet another Maxwell GPU this will have to be it so surely we won't be seeing it in the geforce lineup until next series which is likely to be when? A year from now.

Having bought a 980 I'm hoping that this is reserved for the next series, or at least that 390X isn't enough to out do 980 to force nvidias hand on some form of early release. Assuming that there will be 2 generations of Maxwell (not including 750/Ti and the few cards in 800M) they need to be pulling some extra performance for the top end cards and unless they are working on yet another Maxwell GPU this will have to be it so surely we won't be seeing it in the geforce lineup until next series which is likely to be when? A year from now.

The fact you doubted a Maxwell-based Titan should have been the first red flag. Follow the money and the facts. Nvidia has a compute and power efficiency deficit against Intel's Xeon Phi.

They have to develop Maxwell Quadros and Teslas to compete with it, and those will inevitably be based on a larger chip with more cores. We'll see 200/206 come in the form of the 980TI Titan Prometheus.

Unless you're doing actual rendering or gaming maxed out on a 4k monitor, who cares. With lots of crap on steam and retro pandering, only a select few AAA titles will be really utilizing the hardware if this is for gaming.

The fact you doubted a Maxwell-based Titan should have been the first red flag. Follow the money and the facts. Nvidia has a compute and power efficiency deficit against Intel's Xeon Phi.

They have to develop Maxwell Quadros and Teslas to compete with it, and those will inevitably be based on a larger chip with more cores. We'll see 200/206 come in the form of the 980TI Titan Prometheus.

Where did I say that I doubted a Maxwell based titan? 

Where did I say that I doubted a Maxwell based titan?

By saying you hoped the chip would be reserved for the next series. It's a pretty strong implication. We'll see GM200/206 come in on 980TI, Titan X, Quadro, and Tesla.

By saying you hoped the chip would be reserved for the next series. It's a pretty strong implication. We'll see GM200/206 come in on 980TI, Titan X, Quadro, and Tesla.

I stick the titan cards independent of the numbered geforce cards. And for all we know they might be doing the same as with 700 series: weakened titan-> "1000" series (weakened at the top)-> full power w/ out DP and less VRAM-> full power titan with the titans, 1080 and 1080Ti on GM210/200 and the rest of the 1000 series on 206 or whatever the other new maxwell is. I do wonder though whether Titan Z was successful enough to do it again, or whether it will be 2x 1080(Ti) instead to be more competitive with AMD in the dual GPU part of the market.

GTX 980Ti and Titan X is not a bad thing actually unless nvidia mess it up with ridiculous price. maybe they sell 'next-gen' Titan X with $1500? or Titan XX (dual Titan X, lol) at $4000? who knows?  :lol:

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

Maxwell just released, people already speculating on Maxwell v2... -.- the attention span of the tech community is literally less than a week.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Maxwell just released, people already speculating on Maxwell v2... -.- the attention span of the tech community is literally less than a week.

That's because all the pertinent info comes out in about a week. We have specs, benches, and performance all fleshed out. Now we wait for AMD.

I'm still hunting for Broadwell U news/rumors, but the net's been quiet on Broadwell, Carrizo, and Skylake.