Corsair Gaming K70 RGB

Z99MoPD.png

(Not mine)
But in all seriousness, the keyboard looks good, can't wait and I couldn't care less about some silly small logo on the top of the keyboard, how often will you be looking at your keyboard anyway?

My First PC Build Thread >> RIGHT HERE <<

SPECS! CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer PSU: Corsair CX-750 Modular 80+ Bronze | SSD: Plextor PX-128M5S 128GB HDD3 x Seagate SV35 Series 2TB HDD | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown| Mouse: Logitech G600 | Cooling: 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm Green LED Fan, 1x BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm Green LED Fan

Patiently waiting for the K95, really hope they do something about that logo though.

Z99MoPD.png

(Not mine)

But in all seriousness, the keyboard looks good, can't wait and I couldn't care less about some silly small logo on the top of the keyboard, how often will you be looking at your keyboard anyway?

If you dont look at your keyboard, then whats the point of RGB? xD

seriously @LinusTech who has multiple Corsair products lying around to use to mod the keyboard logo..........

I wonder what Corsair will do for CES if they will fix the logo by then or leave it.
I don't see them going back to the old one (as Linus said in the video) as they probably have invested quite a lot of money into the new one, but who knows.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Go to Newegg > Search up CH-9000063-NA > Problem solved (at least for the K70, don't know about K65 and K90)

It seems they've decided to sell the keyboard with both logos, you pick which one you want.

Our customers spoke, we listened. pirate.gif

We hear You.

As many of you know we launched our new Corsair Gaming line of peripherals this week. We’ve received a ton of feedback on the products and new logo. We are amazed and humbled by the passion our customers have for the original Corsair sails logo. The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products.

However, we know many of you prefer the classic logo on our keyboards, and you’ve made your voices heard. For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA. What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com.

Let’s keep talking! pirate.gif

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=730416&postcount=182

I'm hoping they continue this for the other keyboards as well.

Wow, didn't think that people get THAT angry about it. But yes, I don't like it, either and would try to avoid any products with this logo if possible. I mean, it's not only that keyboard but I've seen a mouse with an illuminated Corsair gaming logo as well and those wouldn't be so easy to fix afterwards. Anyway I'd prefer it if they just changed it back. And yes, I also don't like the other logos viewed in your video like the razer one but I got used to it over time since it's their original logo. That said when I think about razer I still rather think about the overpriced low quality products which break fast rather than the actual good stuff they undoubtedly released as well (Like the sabertooth - hopefully?). And maybe the logo has a small subconcious impact on how they come across for me, too.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

they must be nuts..

No, they just do that so you hopefully give in and buy the reds and then when sales start to dry up they announce Blues, browns and blacks and then you rush out and buy that

so they score 2 sales from a good percentage of their customer base.

That's basically what they did for the K70.

It's the same thing movie studios do for movies, Throw in a few extras, maybe increase the audio and video quality a bit and then re-release the movie again and again.

it's called double dipping.

Create labs disables options in their sound cards via "Updated" drivers to make you think your card is going bad so you'll buy a new one.

No, they just do that so you hopefully give in and buy the reds and then when sales start to dry up they announce Blues, browns and blacks and then you rush out and buy that.

That's basically what they did for the k70.

It's the same think movie studios do for movies, it's called double dipping.

well that is too bad, because I am going for the topre key switch on the new cm storm tkl keyboard now. maybe corsair will have a better shot with a different logo^^

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

it would be cool to see someone try and put a k70 backplate on a k70 rgb

You won't need to, there are companies that print and sell metallic badges you can slap on your hardware

chances are one of them will make a replacement logo or maybe even Corsair will do it.

The new logo is removable.

Like these guys

http://www.case-badges.com/metallic-custom-labels-rectangular-c-81_99_105.html

Linus lied about being able to pick brown, red or blue for all 3. K65 is only red and only at best buy <_< <_< <_<  There goes my hope of buying a perfect keyboard.

lost it at "Love Bat'leth" then cringed at the dremel tool on the case. This video was an emotional roller coaster :P

Is this the keyboard that Linus was complaining about in a message I got on Facebook from his LTT feed?  Also what is up with Linus in his latest videos?  It sounds like he has gotten into the drugs that are so plentiful out in the Vancouver area in BC.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Lol it was funny to see Linus blow his stack and walk off camera, even if it was just a joke.

Is this the keyboard that Linus was complaining about in a message I got on Facebook from his LTT feed?  Also what is up with Linus in his latest videos?  It sounds like he has gotten into the drugs that are so plentiful out in the Vancouver area in BC.

Lol, linus be doin lines off of the back of a motherboard?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lol it was funny to see Linus blow his stack and walk off camera, even if it was just a joke.

Lol, linus be doin lines off of the back of a motherboard?

Eh I would think if he was doing lines it would be off the back of those Titan Z cards he got or maybe a GTX 980.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

@LinusTech: For someone that didn't want people to find out how he sounds using a certain F-word, you guys did a terrible job bleeping in out in the "legit mod" video. I'm going to describe it as a combination of curse-words and childlike innocence. Hilarity ensues.... :P

I can see why Corsair would want to move their products to a different branding though. Others have done it, Coolermaster with their "CM Storm" branding for example. Funnily enough I think I like the CM Storm logo more than the standard CM logo, but whatever, not influential on a decision to buy products from a company.

What I do wish for is this - Can people make up their god damn minds on what they want please? One minute any keyswitch that isn't Cherry MX isn't good enough. Razer releases modified switches based on Cherry MX design (The greens feel very different to MX Blues IMHO), everyone slams them, and proudly states "I'll wait for Corsair, with the legit Cherry switches). Then Corsair finally release their offering, and everyone slams them for their offering because of the logo. Now everyone is worshipping Logitech as some kind of gods for "designing a brand new switch". Newsflash... it's a switch, a springloaded switch. It has contact points, a spring, and it does two things. Register as on, register as off. That's it. As for place of manufacture, LG and Samsung are based in Korea, which apparently is a "bad place" for manufacturing, unless it's a brand people fanboy. What is it honestly going to take to make the interwebs happy....

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I am somewhat hoping that as time goes on Corsair will release other types of Key-switches for their K RGB line-up.  They'd have me immediately if they had an MX Green or MX Clear option.  Preferably clear's as they're my favorite as of late, but - I  do hope they diversify their line-up of switch's or maybe even just have limited editions.

I am somewhat hoping that as time goes on Corsair will release other types of Key-switches for their K RGB line-up.  They'd have me immediately if they had an MX Green or MX Clear option.  Preferably clear's as they're my favorite as of late, but - I  do hope they diversify their line-up of switch's or maybe even just have limited editions.

I really don't think that'll be worth it for either corsair or cherry. They had to develop these new switch housings with rgb leds and stuff, and I can't imagine that being cheap. So presumably they just picked the best selling switches, and clears and greens are unfortunately not part of that. Maybe if they turn out to be very succesfull they'll do a run with less popular switches, but I wouldn't hold my breath.