Bootable U.S.B need help

Rafa116

So i lost my windows disk and i am going to build a new computer so i decided to get an ISO file and boot off of a U.S.B  however i have had nothing but troubles, i have tried 2 different bootable USB programs (rufus, and flash2boot or something like that) and each one gives me an error (on rufus this read: ERROR reading UDF file) I then tried to do it manually but what was once a 3GB download has suddenly become a 832KB file?!?!?!?

If someone could find my error or atleast post another method to booting off of a usb that would be great ( I also read that some ISOs are corrupt if thats true can someone post an ISO link)

Thank you :D

windows 7 preferably 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So i lost my windows disk and i am going to build a new computer so i decided to get an ISO file and boot off of a U.S.B  however i have had nothing but troubles, i have tried 2 different bootable USB programs (rufus, and flash2boot or something like that) and each one gives me an error (on rufus this read: ERROR reading UDF file) I then tried to do it manually but what was once a 3GB download has suddenly become a 832KB file?!?!?!?

If someone could find my error or atleast post another method to booting off of a usb that would be great ( I also read that some ISOs are corrupt if thats true can someone post an ISO link)

Thank you :D

i personally use rufus 

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

EDIT:  didn't see you already used rufs sorry :< 

I had a similar issue with the UDF file rubbish, I think you need to mount the image then re-save it as an ISO with a certain parameter - can't remember what exactly it was, I'll have a look around.

This is it: http://www.intowindows.com/fix-the-selected-file-is-not-a-valid-iso-file-error-in-windows-7-usbdvd-download-tool/

Hope it helps!

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

The program from windows does not work with non genuine license.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

These are all the links to download Windows 7 ISOs from Microsofts Digital River file hosting. These ISOs will not work without a legitimate license, instead installing a 30 day trial and are completely legal to download:

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

You can use the MS software that others have linked above, but I have found that Rufus can get past some errors that this software encounters. If you have any more issues please just ask :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Download the Windows 7 ISO from here and use rufus to burn it to a usb drive.

I got windows 7 from the same source and used rufus aswell to install it to my usb drive

Try running Rufusas admin, unless it already prompts you to do that anyway. In which case, I'm sorry and I dont know