The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Exactly.

It's more sensationalist too. It's not an interesting story if "some Android phone's screen bends," because there's no industry around hating Android manufacturers. Hating Apple, on the other hand...compare the amount of Apple-related click bait you see to Android-related on "neutral" sites like Business Insider and Forbes. The ratio is around 7-1 at my last count.

@Builder, @LAwLz and several others (myself included), tend to disagree on a hell of a lot. 

But there is some common ground on one this in this thread:

We aren't crucifying ANYONE yet. 

Is this a 1 in 100 problem? A 1 in 1000? 1 in 10000? 1 in 100000? What is it? Honestly. Some hard data that can be reproduced would be great. We don't have that. I've had my 6+ since Friday, in pockets, ain't no bending over here and I'm quite the big guy who can make a pair of pants suffer when I sit. So sue me, I never skip leg day. 

The close minded, knee jerk hate that goes around is a little much at times. But like @AlwaysFSX just said, getting people to rationalize is pretty damn difficult. 

I mean seriously, what is this? Three or four phones out of how many sold? That's pretty damn great.

If it happens, well shit. Apple has great customer care and will probably replace your phone for you.

Jobs ran the original Apple into the ground and was fired for good reason. MS bailed Apple out of bankruptcy. Jobs gets way too much credit. The most influential thing he did was talk absolute morons at Xerox into letting him get a hold of PARC and copy it. Lisa/Mac was based on it. That is where our modern GUI comes from (MS copied from Mac prototypes). He was more of a swindler and a con man than a tech guru and should be remembered as one the best SALESMAN who ever lived. Also was a deadbeat dad who lied in court about being sterile to claim he was not his own kids father (Lisa whom LISA was named after).

Yet people still treat him as a tech guru, and as some great philanthropist...

The amount of words that you clearly don't know the meaning of but use anyways in that post...I just felt several brain cells melting away.

PARC=Palo Alto Research Center, a Xerox lab in California. Not sure what you thought it was.

Xerox offered Jobs a tour, and it wasn't exactly a public space, and it's pretty clear they had some kind of agreement.

Also if you carefully examine Xerox's prototype and compare it to the Mac OS GUI, it's abundantly clear that they didn't just copy and paste Xerox's design. They smoothed the whole thing out and even reimagined how windows function. Microsoft did copy exactly that, which is why they paid Apple so much money.

Lastly, Jobs was many things, but philanthropist was never one of them, and he made that clear himself, several times.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The amount of words that you clearly don't know the meaning of but use anyways in that post...I just felt several brain cells melting away.

PARC=Palo Alto Research Center, a Xerox lab in California. Not sure what you thought it was.

Xerox offered Jobs a tour, and it wasn't exactly a public space, and it's pretty clear they had some kind of agreement.

Also if you carefully examine Xerox's prototype and compare it to the Mac OS GUI, it's abundantly clear that they didn't just copy and paste Xerox's design. They smoothed the whole thing out and even reimagined how windows function. Microsoft did copy exactly that, which is why they paid Apple so much money.

Lastly, Jobs was many things, but philanthropist was never one of them, and he made that clear himself, several times.

Yeah about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxEmJu8OSug

Wozniak (who was the real genius at Apple) also loved the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. Why? It wasn't complete tripe like the Jobs movie. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Wozniak (who was the real genius at Apple) also loved the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. Why? It wasn't complete tripe like the Jobs movie.

Ahhh...one of the Woz revisionists. I've met your kind before.

Also have you ever used a GUI? I mean seriously? Have you ever seen a GUI that functions like that before?

The Jobs movie sucked. Nearly everyone agrees on that.

That video is also hilarious. The amount of actual history in it is nil. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Ahhh...one of the Woz revisionists. I've met your kind before.

Also have you ever used a GUI? I mean seriously? Have you ever seen a GUI that functions like that before?

The Jobs movie sucked. Nearly everyone agrees on that.

That video is also hilarious. The amount of actual history in it is nil. 

You mean Jobs himself saying that Xerox could have controlled the computer industry is nil? Please. There is no LISA/Mac/mouse/gui without Xerox PARC. There is no Windows if Jobs hadn't trusted Bill Gates to develop software for Mac prototypes. Jobs ran Apple into the ground with that decision and being an absolute tyrant as a boss, as well as creating division among the old guard Apple and Mac employees. He was fired from Apple for a reason. Apple would have probably disappeared if MS didn't save them financially. 

Gates is to Apple as Jobs was to Xerox PARC. To give either credit for the GUI/Mouse is like saying Lexus developed the car.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If this was a One M8

OMG GUYS STOP REACTING! IT'S LIKE 1% OF THE PHONES.

MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T WEAR TIGHT PANTS!

IT'S PROBABLY OBAMA'S FAULT.

I'M PRETTY SURE THIS IS HAPPENING WITH IPHONES

You mean Jobs himself saying that Xerox could have controlled the computer industry is nil? Please. There is no LISA/Mac/mouse/gui without Xerox PARC. There is no Windows if Jobs hadn't trusted Bill Gates to develop software for Mac prototypes. Jobs ran Apple into the ground with that decision and being an absolute tyrant as a boss, as well as creating division among the old guard Apple and Mac employees. He was fired from Apple for a reason. Apple would have probably disappeared if MS didn't save them financially. 

Gates is to Apple as Jobs was to Xerox PARC. To give either credit for the GUI/Mouse is like saying Lexus developed the car.  

I don't know my Apple history too well but didn't Apple rehire Jobs right before going bankrupt and then was lead to becoming the most valuable company in like 2010?

What are you talking about? MS building Mac prototype software? This is just getting silly now...

John Seely himself does not think Apple stole GUI from them: http://www.studio360.org/story/106728-john-seely-brown/

Apple gave them early access to stock pre-IPO, it was a fair exchange, not some sordid affair as expressed in that overdramatized scene.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I don't know my Apple history too well but didn't Apple rehire Jobs right before going bankrupt and then was lead to becoming the most valuable company in like 2010?

MS saved Apple. Why?  Probably because it is good to be compared to a Pepsi when you are Coke, rather than a much cheaper no name pop brand (OS/alternative, or worse free). Brilliant by MS in my book. You can critique MS and what can they do? They can say look at Apple. I am no fan of either company, but MS is very brilliant (ruthless) in many of the moves it has made in the past.

http://www.wired.com/2009/08/dayintech_0806/

The kicker? MS got their programs on Apple computers as well. Was also great PR, because MS was facing antitrust violations at the time.

I digress though. Just saying that Jobs still being at Apple wouldn't have meant better products. LISA was a bust, he was fired from Apple for basically being a d1ck and for making many bad decisions. The company was saved by their biggest competitor. The Ipod was not the original mp3 player. Steve Jobs is one hell of a salesman though. If a product was bad, he could sell that it was good. If it was behind other companies, he could paint the other companies as "evil corporations" (he always railed against IBM), meanwhile he was just as ruthless and was just as bad. He SOLD the image though that he and Apple was different. He sold it really, really well. It was a con, but he sold it as well as anyone who ever lived.

The entire idea of an "apple computer" at the moment is a con. They are Intel's with integrated graphics and AMD GPU's (usually mobile variants). Probably why Apple doesn't go after Hackintosher's who build their own (the publicity would kill their myth). The con is that it is some proprietary magical piece of hardware. They simply do not want the public to know that it is just a Intel PC. What do they debate on media? Mac OS vs Windows? Nope. Mac VS PC when they are both Intel PC's. Why doesn't MS promote Hackintosh or dispel the con? Because MS likes that they are compared to Apple instead of Linux. It benefits both of them.

So when "Mac people" fight and argue with "Windows" people? They are both freakin morons.  

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to another jester special.

FYI, Apple fired Jobs and then brought him back, Jobs then led Apple to where they are today. One of the richest companies period, with one of the biggest war chests the industry has ever seen. Apple is, along with MS, every bit the Titan of the industry that they claim they are.

But that has NOTHING to do with the original topic. Get back on track or take it to the off topic section.

The point is Apple's obsession with thinness is not healthy. I am worried for her health.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

But can I bend it vertically to get that Moto X back curve?

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I am not sure I believe this

I am holding my iPhone 6 in my hands right now, I cannot flex it at all, even with serious effort, it feels absolutely solid

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

*insert Linus Curve Joke here*

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

I doubt that this it really as much of a design flaw than it is a problem with the usage. Some people are just stupid. The LG G3 bends much easier... I always feel like I am living in a world of idiots when seeing these things...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Don't see my G3 doing that, or my friends S5 doing that either

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

The entire idea of an "apple computer" at the moment is a con. They are Intel's with integrated graphics and AMD GPU's (usually mobile variants). Probably why Apple doesn't go after Hackintosher's who build their own (the publicity would kill their myth). The con is that it is some proprietary magical piece of hardware. They simply do not want the public to know that it is just a Intel PC. What do they debate on media? Mac OS vs Windows? Nope. Mac VS PC when they are both Intel PC's. Why doesn't MS promote Hackintosh or dispel the con? Because MS likes that they are compared to Apple instead of Linux. It benefits both of them.

So when "Mac people" fight and argue with "Windows" people? They are both freakin morons.  

Sure they use intel processors and actually currently use Nvidia GPUs but so what? People get so hung up comparing the specs of the processor and graphics card they forget what its all about

OSX and iOS are the fundamentals of the "Apple Computer". The software, the interface, the interoperability, the slick UI, the App Store (more recently). They give you powerful hardware with a fantastic OS, all wrapped up in a beautifully made, well designed piece of hardware

This has always been true, and is the signature of Apple. Who makes the parts is irrelevant, For example the Audi R8 is based on the Lamborghini Gallardo, that is not what defines it as a vehicle, merely where the parts are from.

I guess its just something you have experience/understand to accept. There is more a machine than a few components in a box, unless of course, you choose to look at it that way. But you cannot dumb everything down to its core components. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What's the big deal, every product has a flaw, well just about every product, the ones that don't are extremely priced and are generally only bought for commercial/professional use (and even then they sometimes aren't flawless).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow I've never actually seen something like this. I mean what materials do they use if this is possible ? Silly manufacturers.

I am not sure I believe this

I am holding my iPhone 6 in my hands right now, I cannot flex it at all, even with serious effort, it feels absolutely solid

Read the title again, it says iphone 6 plus

Read the title again, it says iphone 6 plus

Yeah, I am sat next to my friend who has his...its absolutely solid

There are videos of people with bent iPhone 5s, samsung galaxy etc etc etc, yet its only a handful of phones. I think every phone is capable of bending given enough force

It's such an interesting look into the true opinions of a large number of members on this forum and how they are formed. Even someone like @LAwLz who I am normally at odds with has not jumped to conclusions on the build quality of the device.

You know, I have a pile of semi-broken Galaxy devices sitting next to me that I was told to fix by my friends and family and even though I'm an Apple guy, I'm not making sweeping judgments about the quality of Samsung products BASED SPECIFICALLY on that experience. I expected you all to do the same, but I guess that's just too much to ask of you people these days.

What's the big deal, every product has a flaw, well just about every product, the ones that don't are extremely priced and are generally only bought for commercial/professional use (and even then they sometimes aren't flawless).

its not that far fetched that a phone that is so thin will bend. the problem is the 6 is bearly 4 days old and already there is a serious problem rearing its head and this is on a phone tht costs $300 + more to buy than most flagships!   for the money you spend on an iphone NOTHING  should go wrong except 1 off errors that cannot be avoided....this is not one of those time

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017